US: Baton Rouge police officers suspended after fatally shooting father-of-five

webfact

Baton Rouge police officers suspended after fatally shooting father-of-five
By Robert Hackwill

606x341_337859.jpg

BATON ROUGE: -- Another fatal police shooting of an African American man in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, has sparked protests and again raised the issue of disproportionate use of force by police.

A video shows officers holding down Alton Sterling, 37, father of five, before shooting him. He had reportedly been selling CDs outside a shop. Police were called because he had allegedly pulled a gun.

“Based on the information that I have obtained from law-enforcement but certainly from the footage that I have observed of the video that was made available, I have very serious concerns. The video is disturbing to say the least. And at this time I am asking for leaders in the faith based community, elected officials, and other community leaders here in Baton Rouge to work with me, to work with all of us,” said Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards.

The Justice Department is to lead an official civil rights investigation, and the two officers involved in the incident have been placed on administrative leave after Sterling’s family and about 200 protesters demanded a full inquiry.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-07

I can not tell much from video above. If man had a gun in his pants pocket and had a hand on it, it will be brought out, why would he carry a concealed weapon or was it concealed, to sell cds? Was gun legal and was the man permitted to carry a weapon?

Lots of questions to be asked and answered before a final decision /answer can be given by anyone.

In US of A having a gun "and" resisting arrest is suicidal, the police were told he had a gun, they did tazed him first, he did stubornly resist, one could says it was excessive force, also because the police officer shoot 6 times, yes I think so too, but in the same time this black man played Russian roulette.

I can not tell much from video above. If man had a gun in his pants pocket and had a hand on it, it will be brought out, why would he carry a concealed weapon or was it concealed, to sell cds? Was gun legal and was the man permitted to carry a weapon?

Lots of questions to be asked and answered before a final decision /answer can be given by anyone.

Legality of the gun is totally irrelevant.

^^ Face up actually. Echoing above, why resist when you know how trigger happy the cops are in the US? Just asking for it. Dunno if it's stupidity, bravado or saving face; either way there's a good chance you're going to cop it when you act like that Stateside. Not to back the police, as they were clearly ott, but we don't know what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

^^ Face up actually. Echoing above, why resist when you know how trigger happy the cops are in the US? Just asking for it. Dunno if it's stupidity, bravado or saving face; either way there's a good chance you're going to cop it when you act like that Stateside. Not to back the police, as they were clearly ott, but we don't know what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

"but we don't know what they have to deal with on a daily basis."

Yes, that is one of the problems of the US gun laws.

Another one by the looks:

New US police shooting in Minnesota as protests continue in Baton Rouge

A black man has been shot dead by police in the US state of Minnesota as protests continued over the police killing of a black man in Louisiana.

Philando Castile was shot in his car as he reached for his driving licence, his girlfriend said in a Facebook Live video taken during the aftermath.
It follows the death of Alton Sterling, who was shot dead by police during an incident in Baton Rouge on Tuesday.
Hundreds of people have protested for two nights over Mr Sterling's killing.

gun fetishism is the roadway to fascism.

The US are back in the Wild West history.

No cultural development (sorry, I exclude some States of the US)

When you include all the victims of guns, the US are at the top of the

world, behind

el Savador etc.

Why ? The children playing with guns, the misuse of guns etc give

the US the first place.

In this forum we have some gun fetishists too.

I don't agree with a lot of what this guy is saying and I wouldn't want to live in a society where most everyone is allowed to carry a handgun, but i do agree with his point that when you do carry a gun you take on added responsibilities to DO THE RIGHT THING. And fighting with the police while you are armed is not the right thing to do.

If was a white he wouldn't have been shot.