A female PM for the UK: Gove eliminated from Conservative Party leadership race

webfact

Leadsom has said that there would be no free movement of people and therefore no free trade deal. That would certainly lead to the pound freefalling and the NHS suffering greatly by the withdrawal of many of the professional hospital staff.

'No free movement' means the UK gets to chose who arrives. It should not be beyond the wit of man to allow replacement medical staff from the EU. The only problem is whether the lower pay grades are allowed to make a career of working in the UK. The NHS currently recruits staff on Tier 2 visas. What may be beyond the wit of civil servants is working out which Tier 2 immigrants to allow to settle.

I think, though, that part of the answer should be to train more Britons for the medical profession. Poaching staff from poorer countries is unethical.

Leadsom has said that there would be no free movement of people and therefore no free trade deal. That would certainly lead to the pound freefalling and the NHS suffering greatly by the withdrawal of many of the professional hospital staff.

'No free movement' means the UK gets to chose who arrives. It should not be beyond the wit of man to allow replacement medical staff from the EU. The only problem is whether the lower pay grades are allowed to make a career of working in the UK. The NHS currently recruits staff on Tier 2 visas. What may be beyond the wit of civil servants is working out which Tier 2 immigrants to allow to settle.

I think, though, that part of the answer should be to train more Britons for the medical profession. Poaching staff from poorer countries is unethical.

Norway Iceland and Switzerland are all members of Schengen - UK will probably have to join now.

Norway Iceland and Switzerland are all members of Schengen - UK will probably have to join now.

UK will never be in Schengen. Mainstream medias refusal to cover the realities are probably responsible for naivety, but truth is the days of the lefties are over. Right wing governments are on the way in, national pride will once again be permitted, and the end to this open border nonsense. Fair to say in 36 months there will be no such thing as Schengen, borders are being built in many places already. Nice pipe dream while it lasted and lets lay the blame on what killed the EU/Schengen - it was the hateful PC.

UK will never be in Schengen. Mainstream medias refusal to cover the realities are probably responsible for naivety, but truth is the days of the lefties are over. Right wing governments are on the way in, national pride will once again be permitted, and the end to this open border nonsense. Fair to say in 36 months there will be no such thing as Schengen, borders are being built in many places already. Nice pipe dream while it lasted and lets lay the blame on what killed the EU/Schengen - it was the hateful PC.

Ah yes - that's called Fascism....I UK wants to trade, it will have to accept free movement of labour on EU terms. e.g. Schengen.

Edited by cumgranosalum

RIP great Britain,

Explain please . A woman leader and you think RIP . Are you a dinosaur that still thinks women are not equal to men esp in politics which does not need physical strength , but a brain . Do you think women are stupid ?

Edited by dazzz

RIP great Britain,

Explain please . A woman leader and you think RIP . Are you a dinosaur that still thinks women are not equal to men esp in politics which does not need physical strength , but a brain . Do you think women are stupid ?

How do you manage to justify your rant due to his/her post? Have you got issues?

RIP great Britain,

How do you manage to justify your rant due to his/her post? Have you got issues?

Are you mentally retarded . The post is a "woman pm for uk " and he says RIP uk because we will have a woman pm ?

Are you to stupid to understand what he wrote ????!!!! Why should uk rip because we have a woman pm . Could you explain to me why i should have issues with actually reading and understanding what he wrote . I await your explanation

RIP great Britain,

Are you mentally retarded . The post is a "woman pm for uk " and he says RIP uk because we will have a woman pm ?

Are you to stupid to understand what he wrote ????!!!! Why should uk rip because we have a woman pm . Could you explain to me why i should have issues with actually reading and understanding what he wrote . I await your explanation

Yes,yes and no.

RIP great Britain,

People seem obsessed with the fact that the two candidates are women and completely overlook the awful prospect either of them presents politically - they are both very right-wing and have little of no respects for human rights ecology etc and some of their background allegiances are distinctly worrying - RIP UK

Both are a couple of losers, they are front runners simple because they are female, what a pathetic bunch of 2nd raters the Conservative party is made up from.

Edited by johna

Both are a couple of losers, they are front runners simple because they are female, what a pathetic bunch of 2nd raters the Conservative party is made up from.

Man/woman up. Instead of just moaning give us a name of someone you would support.

Cameron to go, Wednesday...

In a brief statement outside No 10, Mr Cameron said Mrs Leadsom had made "absolutely the right decision" to stand aside and that he was "delighted" Mrs May, the home secretary, was to succeed him.

He said a "prolonged period of transition" was not necessary, and added: "So tomorrow I will chair my last cabinet meeting. On Wednesday I will attend the House of Commons for Prime Minister's Questions.

"After that I expect to go the Palace and offer my resignation."

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36768148