BRP Collection

Hi everyone ,

My wife's BRP was supposed to be ready for collection at my local post office on the 22nd June but it hasn't arrived at the post office yet .I have reported it on the GOV website https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived . But I was wondering what happens if she goes over her initial 30 day visa she got at the airport ? Does she need to get an extension ?

Thanks

Dan

When did you report it?

The page you linked to says that the Home Office will email you within 5 working days telling you what to do next, so if you reported it immediately you should have heard back from them by 30th June. What did they say?

Assuming she entered with a settlement visa as your spouse, her initial leave is valid for 33 months; even though her visa was only valid for 30 days and she had to enter the UK within that time or obtain a new visa vignette.

So she does not need to extend her leave at this time and is in the UK legally.

However, until she receives her BRP she will have no proof of this, which she will need if she wishes to work, register with your GP etc.

If you have not heard back from the Home Office by now; chase it up!

Not sure what you mean by "her initial 30 day visa she got at the airport;" surely you mean her initial 30 day visa she got from the embassy?

When did you report it?

The page you linked to says that the Home Office will email you within 5 working days telling you what to do next, so if you reported it immediately you should have heard back from them by 30th June. What did they say?

Assuming she entered with a settlement visa as your spouse, her initial leave is valid for 33 months; even though her visa was only valid for 30 days and she had to enter the UK within that time or obtain a new visa vignette.

So she does not need to extend her leave at this time and is in the UK legally.

However, until she receives her BRP she will have no proof of this, which she will need if she wishes to work, register with your GP etc.

If you have not heard back from the Home Office by now; chase it up!

Not sure what you mean by "her initial 30 day visa she got at the airport;" surely you mean her initial 30 day visa she got from the embassy?

Hi 7 by7

Thanks for your reply .

Yes I meant he 30 day visa she obtained at the embassy which is due to expire on the 15th July .

I left it a while after the BRP collection due date assuming there was a bit of a backlog . I emailed them on Friday 8th so they should reply next week .

I just wasn't sure if i needed to extend her initial 30 day vignette. Your answer above clears it up . Thanks Dan