Why is there no USA option for Youtube?

giddyup

At the bottom of the Youtube page there is a whole list of countries that you can choose from, or you can just opt for Worldwide. However, on that list of countries there is no USA or America listed, anyone know why?

Alot of sites you can put /ncr after the address and youll get the US page. Doesn't work for YT though. /USA will take you to an 2016 YT election page which is about the best I've been able to gget.

Edited by Rob13

Probably defaults to US unless selecting another country. No other country selected that means you are using the default US.

Edit: took me so long to one finger enter my response I hadn't seen keeniau96 above response.

Edited by Pib

Select "Worldwide".

It is equivalent to "US" and will result in respecting link (gl=US).

https://www.youtube.com/?gl=US

Question comes up since at least 2009 and no one is happy with the answer tongue.png

And what you actually see still depends whether you are logged in with your Google account and from which country (IP address) you are opening (localized adds).

Edited by KhunBENQ

YouTube is owned by Google, based in Mt. View, California. Likely that USA is the default choice unless specified otherwise.

-----------------

Exactly

I always get U.S. topics in English.

No need to enter country, unless you want topics to display in another language.

Language and country setting are two independent parameters in youtube.

Don't ask about the exact relation.

Just tested with Chrome "icognito window" (where no cookies exist, no Google account login).

The initial language setting is likely derived from the OS/browser language settings to my language.

It's not surprising that the language is set automatically as expected.

The county setting is Thailand (either from IP or from location setting in Windows).

Edited by KhunBENQ

The reason for two parameters is because you may be, lets say an English speaker living in, lets say Thailand for example. You may want region prioritized search results, but need them in language other than that of the region.

Probably defaults to US unless selecting another country. No other country selected that means you are using the default US.

Edit: took me so long to one finger enter my response I hadn't seen keeniau96 above response.

Whenever I open Youtube it defaults to Thailand.