NFL football

I am in Rayong Thailand Chakphong to be specific about 35 km east of Rayong, Is there any way to get any NFL games on TV here. Don't want to stream on the internet as it can be inconsistent at times.

You can follow NFL games on www.nfl.com on a play by play coverage butt not on a viswo or television basis on the internet.

Select "play by play' coverage and keep updating to follow the play action.

Not the best, but it does work in thailand on a good internet connection

Edited by IMA_FARANG

True visions have the NFL on its sport channels. You would need the gold or platinum package. Unless they have cable where you live at you would need to get a dish from them.

Yes True Gold will get you NFL. Unfortunately no college games or baseball. Platinum includes those. I dropped down from Platinum to Gold because it wasn't worth it generally, but lost baseball and college football when doing so.

• 4 weeks later...

Although you may have to set it on the lowest bandwidth setting, the NFL ticket is the way to go. Every game and the red zone channel for $200. You can pay for in four payments of $59 and just stop paying if you don't like it. It's really the only game in town. I believe it's also available on Chromecast and Apple TV but it's the same feed as what you would get on the PC.   

Actually, there are a couple other pertinent game options available in town.

For starters, if you have a U.S. IP and billing address available, you can access the NFL's Game Pass streaming service for $100 for the entire season. That includes live and replay coverage of all pre-season games, and next-day replay coverage of all regular season and playoff games, including the Super Bowl.

In the past, the NFL has typically offered discounted pricing for that and similar streaming packages to their existing/prior year's streaming subscribers, as well as offering the package at lower prices as the season progresses. But thus far this preseason, I haven't seen any discount offers from the NFL. But I would be surprised if we don't start to see some at least by the start of the regular season, especially for existing subscribers.

For most people here, the next day replays aren't much of an issue because the regular NFL game times in the U.S. are typically between midnight and 7 am in the morning local time, when most people are sleeping. So typically by early Monday afternoon local time, for example, all the U.S. time Sunday morning-afternoon games are going to be available for streaming.

Also, for the NFL Preseason, this year, the NFL Network cable channel is going to be broadcasting all 64 games, a portion live and the rest rebroadcast. So again, for those with a U.S. IP and billing address, the SlingTV streaming/online cable TV network just last week added the NFL Network to its $25 a month Blue programming package, which includes about 40 U.S. channels in total. SlingTV is a monthly service that can be added or discontinued at any time.

For both NFL Game Pass and SlingTV, you're going to need a decent bandwidth capacity from your internet, but anything between say 3 and 5 Mbps ought to work OK.

Also in the online world, there's the long-established USTVNow service offering NFL games, which has two main packages, but doesn't even require a U.S. IP address, although it is 100% legal and legitimate.

USTVNow has a totally free package that provides live East Coast time/source streams of the main over the air networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS, CW). You just have to register for an account at their website. The downsides are that the streams are relatively low res, basically SD quality, and there's no cloud recording/time-shifting available.

USTV Now also offers a more traditional online, streaming package of U.S. cable TV channels that includes the OTA networks plus ESPN as one of its 20 or so cable channels. That package is $19 per month for the first 3 months and then $29 a month thereafter. Subscribe monthly, cancel any time.

So through USTV Now, you can watch the CBS, NBC and Fox broadcast NFL games, and ESPN's Monday Night Football if you go for the paid cable package. One downside is their feed originates from Pennsylvania, so the regional games shown on those channels tend to be focused on mid-East Coast teams.

If you are willing to pay an extra $10 a month for their $29 package for the first 3 months and $39 a month thereafter cable TV package, that adds in a cloud DVR functionality, meaning you can schedule in advance recordings of any channel / show in your package, and then watch it later via streaming at the time of your choice.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Also in the free category, in a first this year, Twitter has negotiated a contract with the NFL to live stream 10 Thursday night football games -- ones that also will be broadcast on TV/cable via CBS, NBC and the NFL Network.

Presumably, easy to access for anyone with a Twitter account. But since this is Twitter's first venture into the NFL, we'll have to see how well they're able to technically handle their streams.

http://fortune.com/2016/04/15/nfl-twitter-games/

I get the NFL gamepass - - great stuff, can watch any game, stream it live if awake or go to the replay w/o results... I can keep the games running in the corner of my screen and have MLB gamepass and watching baseball in another corner while answering emails.... I have TOT and live in a small village in Central Thailand... I guess I usually have 5-6 MB

Just for the unitiated here... there are two different versions / flavors / prices for the NFL Game Pass package for 2016.

The U.S. domestic version, requiring a U.S. IP,  costs $100 and -- in order to NOT compete with the big network live broadcasts in the U.S. -- only provides replay,full game coverage posted some hours after the last U.S. live games have finished.

In fact, the U.S. domestic Game Pass package is UN-AVAILABLE anytime any of the U.S. networks are showing a live game.

The international Game Pass package costs $200 and, because its presumed viewers aren't going to be watching the live U.S. networks coverage anyway, offers the full breadth of NFL games LIVE as they're occurring, which unfortunately most often is in the middle of the night/overnight in LOS.

For me, I always opt for the domestic U.S. package, because I'm fine to save money on the package and I'm not going to be watching the games during their actual live broadcast periods most of the time anyway.

I guess the exception would be the single Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games each week, which would end up airing live here in the morning hours.

5 minutes ago, camble said:

I was just billed the international package for 129.99, includes post season.

That's a pretty good deal. Did your offer say anything about it being a discounted price for the normal $200 pricing? You had the same package last season?

I believe, the NFL GamePass package end and renew at August 1 each year, so just in the past week. I had mine set to NOT auto renew, because I wanted to make sure to get any available promotions that they have a history of offering.

But thus far this season, I've had no email contact from the NFL re renewing the GamePass subscription I had last season.That seems kind of odd, but maybe it will come prior to the start of the regular season.

I've been watching the NFL Network a lot today, via the SlingTV Blue package. Great to get ready for the start of the pre-season and pre-season games in a few hours ahead.

As for the NFL, they've been monkeying around a lot with their game packages in recent years. There have been times when they had the preseason, regular season and postseason all offered as separate packages, or various combinations of two of the three pieces.

This year, they've slimmed down the offerings a lot, now going basically with the two different packages -- one domestic and the other international -- with each including access to the pre, regular season and post season. But the resulting list package prices also have been higher.

Caught the Friday morning doubleheader of live games carried by the NFL Network. Good coverage, well done and presented -- although as is standard for pre-season games, the announcers belong to the host team, so the announcing slant isnt exactly balanced.

But the replay broadcasts of a couple games that I caught later in the day were a different experience. For the replays, NFL Network cut out the half-time breaks, which was fine, but then during the regular parts of the game, they appeared to insert commercial breaks and just skip/not show those parts of the actual game. That's a bush league move, even for pre-season.

1 hour ago, streetlite said:

What channel is the NFL network?

Not sure I understand your question. NFL Network is a U.S. cable TV network that now is also available online via SlingTV's Blue channel package. 24/7 NFL football news/features coverage, showing all 64 preseason games this year, and the Thursday night football games this season.

NFL Network doesn't have a channel number, just goes by its name. The number assignment will vary depending on what cable network it's on. SlingTV channels don't have number channel assignments, just go by name.

NFL Network, as a cable TV channel, is available via various cable and satellite TV systems in the U.S.

As of this month, it's also available entirely online for streaming via SlingTV's Blue $25 a month cable TV package of 40+ U.S. channels, which requires a U.S. billing and IP address to subscribe.

It's also included as part of the NFL's GamePass' entirely online subscription package for non-U.S. residents (no U.S. IP address required) that costs $200 for the full season and includes live and replay streaming access to every NFL Game during the entire regular and postseason.

As with most streaming services, SlingTV's user interface has different settings available for varying bandwidth speeds of its users. The better your bandwidth, the better and higher resolution video you'll get via the stream. Anything in the 3-5 Mbps range should work fine.