Gran, 61, reports rape by man, 37, under Bangkok expressway

webfact

Gran, 61, reports rape by man, 37, under Bangkok expressway

s2a.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A sixty one year old grandmother who lives under the expressway in the Nonthaburi area of Bangkok reported to police that she had been raped.

She said that her assailant who was about 37, punched her repeatedly in the stomach before raping her, reported Thairath

She was then told not to say anything or he would kill her. He returned next day for more but she managed to escape his attentions before a friend persuaded her to report the matter to police.

The hunt is now on for the rapist who police fear may strike again.

Chan, 61, (no surname given) is part of a community that lives under the expressway near the temple of Wat Bua Khwan in Nonthaburi.
She was taken to Ratanathibet police by a friend called Yuwadee, 35, on Monday.

Chan told police that the attack happened on Saturday. A man she knows as Phon who is a construction material delivery driver invited her to drink beer with him.

He soon requested sex and Chan refused saying she has a husband. He forced himself on her but she fought back and then he repeatedly hit her in the stomach before raping her once.

She said that he threatened her that if she told anyone he would kill her. He came back on Sunday to invite her for more beer but this time Chan locked herself away quickly in her room. When she told a her friend on Monday what had happened the friend persuaded her to report the matter.

Chan was sent to hospital for an examination as police descended on the area to look for Phon. They said he must be found quickly as he could strike another innocent person again.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-12

Poor demented man must have been desperate.

Having said that rape is a serious crime, and i hope they catch him and jail him for a long time.

Why do you expect him to be demented? He is 37.

And maybe grandma is still vely sexy, we don't know without a pic.

This guy needs a serious sentence but isn't it bad that people have to live under an expressway? Money is being spent like there is no tomorrow yet the people can not be properly housed.

Mostly they are construction workers who live like that. They live in very basic houses everywhere close to their job.

Many times they have big houses upcountry but there's no money to be made so they move and live illegally somewhere in BKK.

....is it true that a great number of people live under bridges.....

...wonder how they factor in that statistic in all the wonderful thing we hear about .....'here'......

Edited by SOTIRIOS

I have a 61 years old SIL, who looks younger than her 42 yr old sister

funnily a few years back the 42, then 35 yr SIL looked more like 17

they either go very old early, or stay young forever (especially in their own mirror)

my 61 yr SIL is married (for 18 years now) to falang who is now 41 himself, and he looks more like her dad, in tree ring talk

...the years mean nothing...

This guy needs a serious sentence but isn't it bad that people have to live under an expressway? Money is being spent like there is no tomorrow yet the people can not be properly housed.

Mostly they are construction workers who live like that. They live in very basic houses everywhere close to their job.

Many times they have big houses upcountry but there's no money to be made so they move and live illegally somewhere in BKK.

I know what you mean but most do not have big houses in the area they come from. Even so the company they work for should provide decent accomodation for them and not expect them to live like feral animals

they either go very old early, or stay young forever (especially in their own mirror)

my 61 yr SIL is married (for 18 years now) to falang who is now 41 himself, and he looks more like her dad, in tree ring talk

Pic of your SIL, please...

The guy needs to go to top Charoen and get his eyes checked, but first he needs a taste of street Justice Thai style.

He doesn't need his eyes checked. It looks like you are suggesting he should check they are young and hot before he rapes them.

i am sure you didn't mean that, but not quite sure what your point was.

Why are people getting hung up on whether this woman was hot or not. It is irrelevant, rape is not a crime about sex it is a violent crime and all about control and domination. This 61 year old woman, whatever her circumstances has been through a traumatic affair,,, please show some respect.

The guy needs to go to top Charoen and get his eyes checked, but first he needs a taste of street Justice Thai style.

He doesn't need his eyes checked. It looks like you are suggesting he should check they are young and hot before he rapes them.

I'm sure that was exactly what the poster you quote meant. Edited by Bluespunk

I'm sure that was exactly what the poster you quote meant.

I hope you're wrong fella.

NO means NO

what part of NO

did you not understand !

once caught a public

spectacle of removing his ears

as he sure did not use them.

then off to the monkey house for 20 years,

Now that is the best punishment I've read so far! The man sounds stupid, even for a truck driver! (not to put the moxy on truckdrivers of course!) biggrin.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Poor demented man must have been desperate.

Having said that rape is a serious crime, and i hope they catch him and jail him for a long time.

Why do you expect him to be demented? He is 37.

And maybe grandma is still vely sexy, we don't know without a pic.

Desperate? Is any justification for rape?sad.png

facepalm.gif

I know what you mean but most do not have big houses in the area they come from. Even so the company they work for should provide decent accomodation for them and not expect them to live like feral animals

Guess you don't know what i mean. Not all of them work for big company's in BKK, many of them are streetvendors or do some other kind of business. Many of those people are squatters.