Foreigner Beaten in Walking Street A-Go-Go

webfact

I hope this does not put him off Thailand.

They cannot afford to lose quality tourists like him.

Your pure quality yourself

How have you found this tourist guilty after reading this post? Was you there? We Ferangs are here to be accosted, robbed, murdered, molested, conned and taken for granted. It's our birthright we deserve this treatment. How dare we think we can come here and walk away scot free.

All this shit about protection and get a free teddy bear is a loada <deleted>. Anybody sporting gold deserves a good beating just for wearing it since that's asking for it. Don't recall how many times I've seen people being over charged it's part & parcel of Thai culture.

Just saying .......

Where does it say I found the tourist guilty ?

Just saying..........

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody aware of this from the report -

There have been many warnings on social media about this venue and westerners have been warned before to avoid it.

If so they seemed to have passed me by?

You mean nobody told you? And they should have?

Since you need it spelling out - I have not seen any warnings on social media and was asking if anybody else had.......

How have you found this tourist guilty after reading this post? Was you there? We Ferangs are here to be accosted, robbed, murdered, molested, conned and taken for granted. It's our birthright we deserve this treatment. How dare we think we can come here and walk away scot free.

All this shit about protection and get a free teddy bear is a loada <deleted>. Anybody sporting gold deserves a good beating just for wearing it since that's asking for it. Don't recall how many times I've seen people being over charged it's part & parcel of Thai culture.

Just saying .......

Just saying..........

I beg to differ

Did you or did you not imply we can afford to lose quality tourists like him ?

Is that not a presumption of guilt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

Read the link and look at the photo of the bill. With a bill the physical size of his it's difficult to see how he wouldn't know about what he was being charged for.

Anyone other than an idiot know that if you order lady drinks you'll have to pay for them at the end of the journey.

The bill get updated each time you make an order, and stays in front of you in the little pot, hardly any argument to claim that your didn't know the bill was huge if a receipt that size is located right in front of you.

Just saying .......

Just saying..........

I beg to differ

Did you or did you not imply we can afford to lose quality tourists like him ?

Is that not a presumption of guilt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in my mind.

4,130 baht drunk by one person would put most people on their arse let alone walk around after being beaten . something stinks with this story from the go go bar and maybe a lot of lady drinks added to his check bin without his knowledge .

Or maybe he was just pissass drunk and picked a fight with the wrong people...

A 4k tab is not difficult to accomplish depending on what one drinks

Question for Patts residents;

Who's worse, the likes of this tourist or Chinese tourists sitting outside 7-11's eating mama noodles?

Don't know, have no idea what he did, he may be completely innocent and has in fact done nothing wrong. Maybe he had 2 drinks and got hit with a bill and protested, none of us know.

I also noted he declined to file charges and even to give his name through fear of retribution, doesn't really sound like a man who is used to trouble if he is doing that.

Or do you mean that people who frequent Go Go Bars in general are undesirable?

Just to play Devil's advocate:

Don't know, have no idea what he did, he may be completely guilty and has in fact done everything wrong. Maybe he had 2 drinks and rang the bell a couple of times and then protested, none of us know.

I also noted he declined to file charges and even to give his name through fear of retribution, sounds like a man who is used to trouble if he is doing that and keeping his id secret.

There is no way of really knowing one way or the other, but as this is really just a bit of speculation what I think happened was this:

He went into a bar drunk, ordered a couple of drinks and was convinced by a girl(he may not have actually agreed, may have been miscommunication) to ring the bell once or twice. He enjoyed his evening until he realised that ringing of the bell cost him so much. He then kicked off and the bouncers overreacted(as they tend to do the world over) and here we are guessing on thai visa.

Personally, having lived here for a while if I got a bill for 4k that I questioned, I would just pay it as this sort of thing is likely to happen if you "protest" too much at 4am in the morning, it isn't too much to pay for your safety. But in saying that, in all my time here I have never had this happen to me and I have been in this gogo a few times(among others)

Quote; The injured tourist was treated at the hospital and then quickly discharged himself after being told that this particular venue has a record of beating up guests and he feared somebody would turn up to look for him in the emergency room.

So this go-go place apparently have staff that like to beat up customers, <deleted>?? I wish the army would give some payback big time, send in 25 troops after they been told to trash the place including the bouncers.

Seems some of the bouncers in Pattaya loves to beat up westerners but off-course not one on one, but 4 to 1 minimum. Brainless cowards.

+4000 baht bar bill, another typical scam some venues practice when the times are hard.

Pay for each drink, don't wait until you want to leave.

paying for each order is a good suggestion provided the bar

owners are well intentioned. the bar owners will then not be able to

pad the bills.

The "possibly" many unrecognized Lady Drinks are the problem of these bills! lol rolleyes.giftongue.png

this part of the hospitality of the land of smiles is the

one that i do not understand.

the thug operators apparently have succeeded in instilling

fear in the the patrons as this guy discharged himself from

the hospital due to fear of further reprisals.

put in place an immediate shut down order for one week in cases

of tourists being beaten up for issues related to bar activities

and you will see immediate improvement in such assaults.

I've also noticed a 7-11 where they only ring up the sub-total (discounts not applied) take your money, then press the total bill after you have left and keep the difference.

How does that work? dont they need to total for the till to open and give you your change?

Maybe it was a fake 7/11 !

Always found my local 7/11 above board- bullsh*t nonsense post.

Back to the OP- not sure anyone has much sympathy for this guy - it happens in clip joints all over the world, was notorious in London- with bottles of Champagne and a bill in £1000 s - then you got your legs broken.

If you swim with the pond life in places such as LK Metro what do you expect- what happened to his shirt?

Did he take it off to show his fabulous body? Has more belly than I have- and I must be 40yrs older!

Usual hilarious incredible story. cheesy.gif

Customer refuses to pay bill.

Fellow customers attack him.

CCTV kaput.

Agogo bar "know nothing".

Police suspect manager telling a big "porky".

And "Walking Street" Agogo in LK Metro. cheesy.gif

Whatever !!

Edited by Pattaya28

Don't go to one of these bloody places to start with they are not run by nice upstanding decent businessmen are they? Personally I think if you go to a girly bar you have to expect to be ripped off in the bar and ripped off again on bar fine and then again to pay the girl. Is it honestly worth it. Can't you go to Thailand and just meet an ordinary girl. I wouldn't go in one of those bars ever sorry

Here we are on "Page 4" reporting on one of the most well known scams in Thailand.

Really are there any members here, apart from those joining in the last few days, who would not know this has been happening for many more years than this forum itself?

Having 3 girls 1 each side and one on the lap with your hands everywhere and not asking how much is lady drink? just keep buying at supermodel rate.

Feel sorry for the girls not getting any money..hope the beatdown taught him a good lesson biggrin.png

what bars like Showgirl Go Go Bar on LK Metro dont seem to realize is that these news items are going to come up every time someone searches them on the internet. its not a great way to promote your bar

True, though I'd say they hardly give a fark...

For every punter who is warned/reads this and stays away, there are 10 more that don't know, don't care. Over the long stretch this incident won't make no difference in my opinion on customer numbers.

Staff said "nobody working at the venue was involved and that he had been beaten by other guests".

I really believe this. Honestly, I do.

I think it happens all the time, you know, patrons beating other patrons for not paying their bill!?

Being a tourist of the mongering kind, carry certain number of risks to life and limbs, be it known

to all ' tourists ' that comes to Thailand looking for action that there're limitations as how far

you can let your hair down and play the field thinking that the locals are bunch of morons.....

Think the tourist was the moron.