Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai

bobfish

Can't see the original video for some reason, so not sure what he is apologizing for.

But can some Thai scooter rides now apologize for riding the wrong way along roads and putting everyone else in danger too? :-p

Sent from my turnip using Tapatalk

28 minutes to climb Doi Suthep ; it's an excellent time ;

Me with a MTBike I did last year ( I was 66 y old ) 45 minutes, but never cycling in the wrong way; have a look at the beginning of the climbing, a grey pickup have to stop quickly because of him .1zgarz5.gif ; and as he has no brain, he continues to ride on the wrong lane many times.

sure with a road bike and 30 years less cheesy.gif I can do as good as he did or maybe better, like Peter Pouly ( 25 minutes );

I like to climb Doi Suthep, it's very easy except the last 5 or 600 meters before arriving to the steps of the Wat

The original video shows him putting drivers in danger as he cut corners so tight that he was on the far right side of the road at times. The video was posted on several Thai cycling sites where he got hundreds of negative comments. I agree. he acted like a total assclown and showed absolutely no respect for other road users.

I was looking forward to accepting his apology until, at the end, he turned it around and used it as an excuse to promote veganism. It's no longer an apology. He's still a jerk.

The funniest part is that he's proud to be the "Fastest Vegan up Doi Suthep". That makes it sound as if veganism is a handicap and that the riders who were faster were so because they aren't vegan.

Hey, Sam, instead of promoting veganism, how about apologizing and promoting respect?