Cost Of Living

bennyboy0102

Not sure if this is in the right place but here goes:

Im thinking of going to Thailand for 2 months and I was wondering if you people think 1800 bht per day is enough to live off easily?

Thanks for any reply's :o

I live comfortably for 25,000-28,000 Baht per month. Remember the more time you have on your hands, the more you'll spend.

Pattaya is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be, especially as you will not pay for accomodation.

1800 Baht is plenty for some people for a whole day, others spend more than that for one round of drinks when they ring the bell in a beer bar.

If you only have 1800 per day, then that should be fine, just don't ring any bells!!

:o

Edited by Creeper

I smell troll here.

If he has a dad who lives here and a Thai (step) mother, certainly he has the inside track on good information about Thailand.

Makes no sense for him to be asking here.

JMHO

I was asking because I have been there 7 times on holiday but I have never been able to work out how much it would cost a day, if I was to stay for 2 month. A holiday is a lot different because it is non stop partying for 2 week :o

Edited by bennyboy0102

:o

You're a young lad, and you look like you have a soft spot for the ladies.

I'd double your allowance ;-)

:D

...and I dont think he's a troll...........look at the avatar - just young, dumb 'n' full of cum! :D

(no offence intended :D ).

Your true there! :D I would be alot more tighter with my money if I was to go for 2 month and I would have to try and hold back on going out every night drinking and other things.... :D

Your true there! :DI would be alot more tighter with my money if I was to go for 2 month and I would have to try and hold back on going out every night drinking and other things.... :o

LOS 2 Week @ 2000 THB x 14 = 28000 THB

2 month @ 2000 THB x 60 = 120000 THB

IMO Thais are masters :D at making farang reach into their pocket, lots of reasons to do so, all cheap but it all adds up, why come for 2 months and hold back thus not enjoying yourself so much, or 2 weeks and totally blow out? Are you returning to see just your dad or is there someone else in the equation? :D

Your true there! :DI would be alot more tighter with my money if I was to go for 2 month and I would have to try and hold back on going out every night drinking and other things.... :o

LOS 2 Week @ 2000 THB x 14 = 28000 THB

2 month @ 2000 THB x 60 = 120000 THB

IMO Thais are masters :D at making farang reach into their pocket, lots of reasons to do so, all cheap but it all adds up, why come for 2 months and hold back thus not enjoying yourself so much, or 2 weeks and totally blow out? Are you returning to see just your dad or is there someone else in the equation? :D

My dad does 6 months in Thailand and 6 months back home in the UK, but when I am hoping to go, he will be there at that time. So I will be going to see him and probably a few more people :D I will be taking around £1600 for the 2 month so that works out roughly at 1,800 bht per day. Plus I will be selling a few things on Ebay to keep my car paid for back home :D

A young, intelligent, good-looking lad should only need about 1000 baht at the most a day. All you need buy is the beer - if you need to pay for sex, there's something way wrong.

It's not about paying for sex, its about going to see my dad for a couple of months and to see a couple of girls who are not bar girls, who I have seen in the past :o . I would say £1600 is enough to stay for 3 month but I want to be able to live comfortably. :D

I know 2 farangs who live for under 10,000 a month including rent. One is teetotal, one drinks lao khao neither uses taxis, one has a regular girlfriend, one takes girls on very cheap dates. Contrastingly some of my colleagues spend over 50,000 a month by having 20,000 rents, taking taxis all the time, eating at western joints, Starbucks etc.

You take your pick for the life style you want. If you hang around in bars every night, 1800 a day might not be enough.

I know 2 farangs who live for under 10,000 a month including rent. One is teetotal, one drinks lao khao neither uses taxis, one has a regular girlfriend, one takes girls on very cheap dates. Contrastingly some of my colleagues spend over 50,000 a month by having 20,000 rents, taking taxis all the time, eating at western joints, Starbucks etc.

You take your pick for the life style you want. If you hang around in bars every night, 1800 a day might not be enough.

10,000 bht per month is just over 300 bht per day which I don't know how anyone could live on that but fair play to them if they can :D . I will be looking to go out 3-4 nights per week for a few beers etc :o

Bennyboy, you have to bear in mind that many posters on this forum are old codgers who would have to pay for female companionship of any kind....

Young good looking guys like you and me, we get by a lot cheaper than the rest, 1800 per day is massive when the girls fall all over you, for free.......... :o

Bennyboy, you have to bear in mind that many posters on this forum are old codgers who would have to pay for female companionship of any kind....

Young good looking guys like you and me, we get by a lot cheaper than the rest, 1800 per day is massive when the girls fall all over you, for free.......... :o

A bit harsh on some of the posters, but you are to true there about the free :D:D

I will try not to :D . It will be going on the beach for the morning and afternoon, thai food for dinner then out some nights for a few bevvies. I think 1,800bht will cover that :o

Its always a hoot when someone else asks for a cost per day idea. All the gurus and groovers get our money barometers out and check the financial weather! :D

<Rustle of clothing>

Right my Barometers out! Checking the weather now!

As its coming into high season I'd say about 1200 baht a day would be easily doable!

Have fun out there!

I will try not to :D . It will be going on the beach for the morning and afternoon, thai food for dinner then out some nights for a few bevvies. I think 1,800bht will cover that :o

Its always a hoot when someone else asks for a cost per day idea. All the gurus and groovers get our money barometers out and check the financial weather! :D

<Rustle of clothing>

Right my Barometers out! Checking the weather now!

As its coming into high season I'd say about 1200 baht a day would be easily doable!

Have fun out there!

I think I would be going there around July to September time. So that is low season isn't it? :D

After a few bevvies, generally financial discipline goes out of the window. Mine generally does. This is why I think you will spend more than your 1600 quid in 2 months. You will be amazed at the way your Thai girlfriend affects your spending. I'm not talking about handing over cash. More like buying drinks for 2, food for 2, taking her out to shows etc. Too much free time will lead you to spend more also.

One month into your holiday, make a new post showing how much you have spent so far.