Aussie bicyclist fined over reckless Doi Suthep ride

snoop1130

rash, cheap publicity stunt undertaken with

disregard to their own and other road users.

suppose youngsters treated it like an adventure

but could have kept safety considerations in mind.

an apology is fine as long it is sincere and the rash

act is not repeated.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess many people never took that road.

I did it many times and still do (by car) and most vehicles I meet, cross the lane to get a faster curve thinking they are at a F1 race... nothing strange here.

yes, he did that far too much! but I see most thai drive on that road making troubles to oncoming vehicles in the same way.

There is a large group of Thai cyclists (up to 50 at a time) that block our road 4-5 times a week. Meanwhile, the new city bike path installed for Bike for Mum only lasted 6 months and has already been ripped up.

Yeah, these guys are taking a big safety risk here and he's a pretty annoying personality, but I doubt you'd ever see Thai in trouble for this. At least they are wearing helmets! Although I'd prefer he put a shirt on too!

What a jerk....how about other people's safety??

Go,HOME!!

"We don't want them", we have these turds everywhere in here, I think it's because the Australian government have "mamil" riders in their ranks that want to be protected EG: they just past a law that requires that a registered vehicle that the road was built for has to give 1.5 metre clearance from them or be fined. It doesn't matter that they behave like this wakker.

I watched the first 10 seconds and then skipped to bits where he was riding on the wrong side of the road.

he's a D I C K H E A D from Melbourne, enough said

I watched about 10 seconds of his apology also

I hoped he also apologized to other Australians living in Thailand for giving us a bad name

I also hope he apologized to other melbourne people

I also hope he apologized to vegans

his 15 minutes of fame is over and he is now the officially <deleted> #1 for today

Yah, did some dumb stunts. But hey! cut the kid some slack; we all did stupid things when we were young. Or at least I did. If you survive them they are called learning experiences and you grow up a bit. He got caught out and probably learned a lesson and possibly a bit of wisdom. Yes, he screwed up and got caught. But at the same time he accomplished quite a feat. Good for him. All you old fat guys sitting on your bar stools and calling him names should be ashamed of your selves. Get out there and do something yourselves instead of calling people names. Especially, you who have made homosexual slurs need to take a good hard look at yourselves. Full disclosure: I ride a bike about 125 kms a week, follow the rules of the road (such as they are in Thailand) and at age 74 am down over 20 pounds from a few years ago.

Yes, a very careless stupid rider. Bad-ass for all of 13 mins, thinks he quick, right. Myself and my boys rode the STP : Seattle to Portland 200s like miles in one day. My time 12 hours and 13 minutes. RAMROD Ride around Mt. Rainer one day 165 miles with a 11,000 foot climb from sea level . Cheekie little skinny guyS like him wasted on the side of the road 1/2 through these rides out of legs.

Want to show off, ride with people who can spin, not showing off in front of Thai's riding 30k and think their LANCE ARMSTRONG.

Please rearrange these words, hole arse.

But hey he is a Vegan!

yea he is a vegan alright ... the all powerful keystone coppers of the Thai roads just made him their vegan bitch ......

My take. What a short circuited minds these cyclers are. All over the world in fact. They have an atitude that the road is theirs.

What else is he proving than being a self kicker. Oh, watch me going mommy.

Besides, the Tour the France is in Europe, go that way.

And these outfits, what a queers.

So he apologised; haha, Not so, this over confident vegan guy will NOT learn and shows only that he is a narcist and not an ambassador.

Another quality farang.

Please forgive him for littering and spitting as this is what all these cyclists do. Lucky for you if you are not just passing them by.

Big Deal

Be honest. Have you ever in your entire life committed anything worse than this wayward cyclists jaunt. All these TV members rants are pathetic given that people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

Hypocrites tend to enjoy having a good bash at others folly once reaching or getting anywhere near retirement age.

Nothing else to do I suppose hahaha

It makes me sad to think of all the people who died in world wars for this little cockroach to live.

Yeah, that was why they fought, not over oil or territory, but for Sam the vegan.

Sadly, even in your glorious frenzy of righteous indignation you couldn't come up with anything better.

What's the last thing you did that was worthy of any comment?

Yes, a very careless stupid rider. Bad-ass for all of 13 mins, thinks he quick, right. Myself and my boys rode the STP : Seattle to Portland 200s like miles in one day. My time 12 hours and 13 minutes. RAMROD Ride around Mt. Rainer one day 165 miles with a 11,000 foot climb from sea level . Cheekie little skinny guyS like him wasted on the side of the road 1/2 through these rides out of legs.

Want to show off, ride with people who can spin, not showing off in front of Thai's riding 30k and think their LANCE ARMSTRONG.

I rode the STP in one day as well... on a track bike, all carrying our own bags with clothes/tools. The days following were very painful.

It makes me sad to think of all the people who died in world wars for this little cockroach to live.

Yeah, that was why they fought, not over oil or territory, but for Sam the vegan.

Sadly, even in your glorious frenzy of righteous indignation you couldn't come up with anything better.

What's the last thing you did that was worthy of any comment?

Haha, I sense a butt hurt vegan.

Please rearrange these words, hole arse.

But hey he is a Vegan!

And I wonder who he expects to clean up after him when he throws his water bottle on the side of the road? Litter-bug vegan.

He says in the pseudo-apology that he always returns and picks up the bottles. Oh yeah, of course I believe him! Very easy to find his amongst the thousands of others, it has a homing beacon.

What a complete utter idiots they are! Taking corners against traffic just for fun, what if a bus full of children came downhill at the same spot?

I don't believe a cyclist is any danger to a bus full of children, no matter what he does.

It's the kit gets me, but then I suppose one wouldn't want to get mistaken for a poor person, would one. All this gear for cycling, yet Thais'll happily go out on a motorbike wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.

No, the cycling Thais are usually in full lycra kit. For them it's the posing that's important.

Call it what you want....this kids a powerhouse and frankly....good on him, nice to see bikes command the road for once where cars, trucks and busses rule with total disregard to pedestrians.

Bike riders are not pedestrians and are subject to the same road rules as motor vehicles.

What a complete utter idiots they are! Taking corners against traffic just for fun, what if a bus full of children came downhill at the same spot?

I don't believe a cyclist is any danger to a bus full of children, no matter what he does.

Could be if the bus driver swerved to miss the cyclist and then lost control. Rather like the vehicle that swerved to miss a dog the other day and ended up crashing into a building.

Cause and effect not your long suit, MissA. You don't think the bus driver would instinctively swerve to miss the bike?

Sam the Vegan is a dick-head!

Two references to the offender in this being gay or a queer. What a broad minded bunch you all are. This is 2016 so wake up and smell the coffee. Calling someone gay or queer is inappropriate. Please <deleted>, nimrod, dip stick, <deleted> by all means. Because he is.

Why is gay offensive? Gay parade comes to mind. Do you feel that reference is wrong? It was introduced by gay people. If a person goes with another of the same sex then they are GAY. A kettle is a kettle not "an implement in which to boil water". Sounds like you are gay and do not like the label. As for the cyclist he is dressed in flamboyant colors that is seen at the gay parades so that, I guess, is why the poster called him that. Toughen up Princess and get a thicker skin

Archived