Bus company promises much improved service as new fleet unveiled

webfact

Nice new buses ok but will they be operated by nice new competent drivers ?

Those are very good buses, MAN is very big in Germany. Why not hire some Germany drivers with them as well and even i will start travelling by bus in Thailand!

But the buses on picture look Thai to me, are they customised in Thailand?

Nice new buses ok but will they be operated by nice new competent drivers ?

Those are very good buses, MAN is very big in Germany. Why not hire some Germany drivers with them as well and even i will start travelling by bus in Thailand!

But the buses on picture look Thai to me, are they customised in Thailand?

Check Post #25, interesting comment if accurate.

To be fair, if you're travelling by plane CNX-BKK, you need to add about 3 hours to the flight time.

Security at the front door. Check in before the airline gate closes. Security again. Wait until boarding.

Arrive BKK. Wait for baggage anything up to 45 minutes. bus/taxi to city.

Wow! All those shiny new toys.

I imagine that was a huge opportunity for kickbacks. I do hope they remembered to grease the army's squeaky wheel, otherwise there'll be trouble ahead, one way or the other.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

I see from the photo that these new buses are MAN vehicles. German manufacture and are generally regarded as very reliable. I wonder how much of the vehicle itself is actually the original German component. I wouldn't be at all surprised that the 'MAN' portion comprises only of the engine and chassis. The rest of the bodywork could well be all that flimsy chromium, glass and gaudy paintwork that the Thais are so fond of.

Hardly any proper reinforcing of th body structure whatsoever, any accident more serious than a scrape and the bodywork crumples like a plastic bag.

I did note however that the seats are fitted with safety belts. A step in the right direction.

MAN only supplies (them with) diesel engines.

Chassis is made in Thailand according to Thai standards.

I don't understand why top-quality brands start lowering their standards when they can sell to Thailand. Japanese brands like Tefal also do it. It gives their whole industry a bad name. VW ruined the German quality allready and now MAN follows?

Many years ago i was doing leasecontracts for MAN-trucks. If memory serves me well the maintenance contract for a MAN truck was 5 eurocent a km when you took a contract for 1 million km. All inclusive in that price.

So can anybody tell me than, those new Mercedes cars they are building now in Thailand are they also of a lower quality? Not that i think MB is a very good brand last decades (before that it was) but i just hope german standard stays german standard...same goes for japan. I only buy products from these 2 nations.

Edited by Thian