Attack on respected teacher angers students past and present

webfact

Attack on respected teacher angers students past and present

s3a.jpg
Image: Daily News

SURIN: An attack on a respected teacher at a well known Surin school has brought a wave of sympathy from past and present students.

The teacher of the school, that was not named, was punched to the ground by a M 1 (year 8) student. He ended up in hospital with blood
on the brain and required surgery, reported Daily News.

There are suspicions from students online that nothing is being done about the attack to protect the good name of the school.

But one alumnus called "Boy" said he had been into the school he left three years ago to confront the person who had carried out the attack.
"I didn't go to fight him, " said Boy. "I went to ask him why he did that. He said matter of factly "I just knocked him over"".

Boy said that the teacher concerned was head of a unit that tried to help wayward students. He was enormously respected and loved by
everyone at the school.

"I can't believe that anyone would hurt him, "he added. "He is like a second father to me and when I heard what happened I had to try and do
something".

Many students and alumni went online to condemn the attack as pictures of the teacher recovering in hospital were shared.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-15

Why is he not in the cells?

Why because the school director is trying to protect the good name of the school.

Get the police arrest/ charge him. Too many times institutions protecting their good name.

Protecting their good name? What kind of school does NOT call the police if a teacher gets knocked down and needs surgery after that?

I sure would not send my kids to this school, it must be lawless there, kind of anarchy.

Why because the school director is trying to protect the good name of the school.

Get the police arrest/ charge him. Too many times institutions protecting their good name.

The sad thing is they actually think harbouring a thug who bashed a respected teacher and trying to keep things hush hush is protecting the good name of the school...

The teacher himself probably wanted it all kept quiet.

Knocked out by a 12 year old is something you'd want hidden from public view . . . ph34r.png

So they all act like nothing has happened? And who'll pay for the hospitalbill?

It would be nice if the teacher insisted on a charge being brought but I'll bet he's under pressure not to.

He'll probably comply to keep his job but the official reason will be something that sounds more appropriate and reflects well on his attitude and that of the school towards care and understanding.

According to the internet an M1 student is around 12-13 years old.

In the country where i come from they only look you up (before the court case) if you are a flight risk, or if its needed for the investigation or if the crime is real serious with a lot of jail time.

Now.. most countries would not lock a kid this age up.. plus here in Thailand assault does not carry a lengthy jail time.. so starting to lock him up now does not make any sense.

To say that this is the schools doing is just crazy, have you always been such a grumpy old git ?

Of course this is a bad crime.. but to imply that its the school keeping the boy out of jail, this is just how the penal system works in Thailand.. comment on that not on something that has nothing to do with it.

Well that boy might have influential connections...

I would imagine the social pressure on this M1 student will be tremendous. He has stepped over the line. Say what you like about Thailand and violence but, unlike the West, there are still certain societal taboos, you don't hit monks and you don't hit teachers. Vicars in the UK now remove their dog collars when out in public, because wearing one makes them more likely to be attacked, and violence against teachers is such a problem that it's a Union issue.

Sometimes harsh punishment is not going to improve the situation, I'm sure this teacher who deals with these troubled kids knows that.

expel is a minimum or maybe they should all sit around the school camp fire and hum kumbaya?

"kuru" is the image of of God in asian cultures.

the student who attacked the teacher should be brought

to justice.

"protecting the good name of the school" and thereby keeping

the assault under wraps goes to show that it is not a good school.

such cover up could provide fertile ground for repeated acts of this

nature.

I would imagine the social pressure on this M1 student will be tremendous. He has stepped over the line. Say what you like about Thailand and violence but, unlike the West, there are still certain societal taboos, you don't hit monks and you don't hit teachers. Vicars in the UK now remove their dog collars when out in public, because wearing one makes them more likely to be attacked, and violence against teachers is such a problem that it's a Union issue.

Vicars remove the clerical collar in public?

Why?

Let me think.

Ahhhhhh..........

I taught M1 and that is 7th grade and average age is 10-11 and they are little guys 3 feet tall, please the teacher must of been on knees.

According to the internet an M1 student is around 12-13 years old.

In the country where i come from they only look you up (before the court case) if you are a flight risk, or if its needed for the investigation or if the crime is real serious with a lot of jail time.

Now.. most countries would not lock a kid this age up.. plus here in Thailand assault does not carry a lengthy jail time.. so starting to lock him up now does not make any sense.

To say that this is the schools doing is just crazy, have you always been such a grumpy old git ?

Of course this is a bad crime.. but to imply that its the school keeping the boy out of jail, this is just how the penal system works in Thailand.. comment on that not on something that has nothing to do with it.

Well is he arrested by now?

Several schools this year alone have had teachers knifed kicked and beaten but there will be no report so as to keep things quite.Many of the so called "international schools" have had students sexually molested by both the LOS teachers and the foreign "back packer" teachers.but no police report.One foreign teacher got a "week off without pay" as punishment.

.....that is where 'good intentions' often lead.....to self-sacrifice or worse.....

...the problems in this society are myriad....and run too deep......

....and most people couldn't care less.....or are products of this pathological society themselves.....

...a society in denial.....

...100% employment....and no problems to speak of........???

...yeah right.....