We're to buy stainless steel bolts

WilliamCave

Tons of shops in Chinatown.

Specifically, there's a shop at the corner of Yaowarat and Mahachak (I think it's Mahachak). It's the Yaowarat end of the vendors' alley leading away from Klong Thom market. They're closed on Sundays.

Also, quite a few shops in the metals market in the neighborhood around the Temple of the Golden Buddha. That makes it an easy 10 minute walk from Hua Lampong MRT. Look for the shop display windows with bazillions of bolts in them. Keep in mind the market is quite a few city blocks, so don't look for any signs. Just wander around. A lot of those shops will also be closed on Sundays, but a few of them will be open 7 days a week.

Best way to get to that market is to exit MRT at the first exit (Says Chinatown), walk around the corner and cross the stinky river at the first major bridge (Bing Maps call it Thanon Khao Lam). You should see a bunch of steel bars and pipe immediately. Then just wander around.

Edited by impulse

Just a thought. Wouldn't galvanized bolts be a lot cheaper than SS ? Good idea if only a small fence but could be very expensive if l-o-n-g fence.

304 SST bolts aren't expensive unless you buy them at retail DIY places like Home Mart. They package them in ridiculously small quantities and gouge the beejeezus out of you because you have to buy 120 packages for your project. Buy them in bulk and they're pretty reasonable. Edited by impulse

Take along a small magnet. SS is weakly magnetic, steel/iron decidedly magnetic but bright shiny new steel ones may fool you by the looks.

Just make sure they are stamped:

A2 = SS304

A4 = SS316

Nuts, bolts, washers, all should have identifying marks. A2/A4 is the most common but some manufacturer's have their own identification marks.

The exception is spring washers which aren't stamped.

I am going to China town . I do recall an area there were I seen lots of hardware ,

I am looking for carage bolts SS

China town is so big I get lost and would any one know the street were I could find these types of hardware

My experience of China town is it seems to be broke up in to areas like clothing garments , tools etc

And I think there is an area for bolts

Thanks in advance

In Thaiwatsadu they had nice bolts which looked like SS. I asked the sales if it was stainless and after repeating my question 3 times he finally said yes.

So i bought 30 of them , installed them outdoors and they are all rotting now.

Later i was in the same shop and asked another sales if they those bolts were ss, no he said but hab...then he showed me other ones who costs 10 times more.

Of course nobody cares about the 30 i bought and installed allready.

I would order them online, might even be cheaper and sure you get the real thing. Marine grade SS.

There was a nut and bolt specialty store on Rama 4 I found several years ago. They had it all.

My memory is not so hot.

Across from Big C and to the left a block or more. Motorbike taxi in that area should know how to find it.