ThaiVisa

dick dasterdly

For a while now I've found that ThaiVisa is often v slow, whereas International websites are far quicker! I've noticed that (not always, but often) when loading/doing anything on TV, the rotating circle is grey for quite a while before it turns to blue and starts working. Sorry for the layman terms - I'm computer illiterate. Any ideas as to why this would happen so often? Is it my laptop/notebook, or is it something to do with TV?

Edit - Typically, I eventually managed to post this and move to another forum - only to find that its working normally again biggrin.png .

But it happens often, and as TV is based in Thailand I find it a little odd that it plays up so often.

Edited by dick dasterdly

I don't have any explanation for the observed slowness but this is just to let you know that Thaivisa is not hosted in Thailand but in Singapore.

I'm in Europe now and I do experience the occasional sluggishness but not often enough to be annoying.

However, many other members report similar problems and I may not browse the site during the same hours as you.

There are a number of threads where admins have said being well aware of these problems and some possible explanations are discussed. Some are linked to actions being conducted on the forum server(s) (we're due for a major re-haul of the forum software) and some are around possible network bottlenecks along the path between the user's place and where the server(s) is(are).

I don't have any explanation for the observed slowness but this is just to let you know that Thaivisa is not hosted in Thailand but in Singapore.

I'm in Europe now and I do experience the occasional sluggishness but not often enough to be annoying.

However, many other members report similar problems and I may not browse the site during the same hours as you.

There are a number of threads where admins have said being well aware of these problems and some possible explanations are discussed. Some are linked to actions being conducted on the forum server(s) (we're due for a major re-haul of the forum software) and some are around possible network bottlenecks along the path between the user's place and where the server(s) is(are).

Thanks for the explanation - much appreciated.

I'd always thought that TV was based in Thailand, which is why I was so suprised that its generally slower than international websites.

Edited by dick dasterdly

In the past weeks there have been repeated performance problems due to hacker attacks.

In the last days though I didn't notice specific problems. Worked quite well.

(today I didn't use it before the late afternoon)

When a site like this (big database query) appears slow it is most likely due to performance problems on the server and not so much due to slow internet speed.