Change of Visa Status

Right now I have retirement visa and have to keep 800,000 b in the bank, untouched for the previous 3 months before the visa application.

I would like to change this so this money is reduced. I understand that one method is to have up to 65,000 B income from overseas with the make up part in the bank.

This would be my UK pension which varies with the exchange rate.

So how can I get this certified?

I live in Chiang Mai so presumably I must visit the British Embassy in Bangkok. How will they (if they will) do this? What documents do I require and how many visits to Bangkok will I need, considering that they don't post anything and require me to go again to collect documents. Finally, how much will they charge?

Does anyone have recent experience of how to do all this from Chiang Mai?

Option 2: I have a Thai daughter 16 and in my recent divorce, I was made the full guardian which is the same as saying I've got to pay for everything.

How difficult is it to change from retirement visa to the one where I would only have to keep 400,000 B in the bank. Actual recent experience in Chiang Mai would be helpful.

Thanks

Changing from an extension of stay based on retirement to one as a parent should be straightforward if you have custody. One advantage is that the 400K only has to be in your account on the day you apply or have a certified income of 40K pm. A combination of the two isn't allowed when applying as a parent.

You can get your income certified by post from the British Embassy in Bangkok. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/536851/Pension_13_07_16.pdf

Edited by elviajero

Thanks for quick reply.

I don't have a credit card so I'll call them to see how I can pay.

Do I have to make the letter every year or will one time be sufficient. 50 quid might be peanuts to embassy but not to me.

If I make the letter now, will it still be accepted by Thai immigration in September or should I wait and apply 2 weeks before the visa date?

For piece of mind and as it's a change, can I apply for this visa now or do I need to wait until September?

Thanks for quick reply.

Do I have to make the letter every year or will one time be sufficient. 50 quid might be peanuts to embassy but not to me.

If I make the letter now, will it still be accepted by Thai immigration in September or should I wait and apply 2 weeks before the visa date?

For piece of mind and as it's a change, can I apply for this visa now or do I need to wait until September?

You can pay by debit card also see this form: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/480710/Credit_Card_Authorisation_Form.pdf

In the past you could also pay by using a money order.

You will need a new letter every year.

Immigration will accept a letter that is up to 6 months old.

• You are not applying for a visa. You are changing the reason for your permission to stay.
  • They won't let you change now, and there is no reason to do so as you already have valid permission to stay until September.
  • You can apply within the last 30 (maybe 45) days of your current permission to stay.

Thanks for quick reply.

You can pay by debit card also see this form: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/480710/Credit_Card_Authorisation_Form.pdf

In the past you could also pay by using a money order.

You will need a new letter every year.

Immigration will accept a letter that is up to 6 months old.

Thanks

• You are not applying for a visa. You are changing the reason for your permission to stay.
  • They won't let you change now, and there is no reason to do so as you already have valid permission to stay until September.
  • You can apply within the last 30 (maybe 45) days of your current permission to stay.

Thanks