New car dealer discounts

Just hum and har for a few days,say you are looking at different cars every time you go in you get more ,how do I know we just bought a new car ,took about 10 days in all but boy did we get lots of goodies,as for sending in the wife,just go in with her ,if you are not a wimp they will treat you with respect as well

Nonsense.

& what's here that's not making any sense to you?
The content of your post.
The contents are from first hand experiences..what seems nonsense to you has indeed been practically witnessed by not only myself but a few friends as well..people learn after they're either ripped off or when they understand they could've got a better deal

I do not for one second believe a new car dealer will take the toolbar from the vehicle if they gave a discount.

Nonsense.
& what's here that's not making any sense to you?
The content of your post.
The contents are from first hand experiences..what seems nonsense to you has indeed been practically witnessed by not only myself but a few friends as well..people learn after they're either ripped off or when they understand they could've got a better deal

I do not for one second believe a new car dealer will take the toolbar from the vehicle if they gave a discount.

How about a brand new Isuzu pickup bought from dealership with a toolkit found missing?being in denial is not so uncommon..

How about a brand new Isuzu pickup bought from dealership with a toolkit found missing?being in denial is not so uncommon..

so they left you with no means to change a flat tyre ?

Did you take the matter up with head office ?

I still call buffalo excrement.

Edited by Don Mega

Those Free things are valued at whatever dream the dealer had last night, but in reality the only thing worth anything is a Years Insurance, the window film is cheap rot , and the rest you could buy at Big C for a few Bht. Plus if you buy the latest model thats in big demand all you get a Plastic Rubbish Bin , and a Bunch of Flowers. .I am refering to Cars though...sad.png

Well after 3 trips to my local ToyOta dealer I final got them to give me the deal I wanted. The list price of the car posted ar every Toyota dealership is 519000 baht. They gave me I year 1 st class car insurance, window tint, floor mats and vehicle registration.

The price I paid was 507000. I thought this was a fair price

A little negotiations can go a long way

In the (partial) defence of the dealer, this was probably stolen by some employee. The remote control for my car DVD player was missing also, not that I needed it or wanted it.

Trust no one: check everything.

Those Free things are valued at whatever dream the dealer had last night, but in reality the only thing worth anything is a Years Insurance, the window film is cheap rot , and the rest you could buy at Big C for a few Bht.

I got a free liner and free 1st year premium insurance (both offered to all buyers by the manufacturer). From the dealer I got free 3M film (I went and checked the brand as they fitted it), various little bits of trim, mats, a reversing camera, a lock for the spare wheel (which someone still managed to steal within a few months) and 20,000B off the list price (this was at a time when there was massive demand for new vehicles). This required quite a lot of effort and playing two dealers off against each other.

I was very careful to note down all the negotiated extras in English on the order slip.

Now I see that the same vehicle is offered in supermarket displays for 70,000B off list price and is a few thousand Baht cheaper than when I bought mine. I suspect that deals remain to be done on the current advertised prices even with the advertised 70,000B discount.

thank you all for your replies. I went back to the Toyota dealer in Buriram 3 times and finally got the deal i thought was right and fair. The list price was 519,000 baht. I bought the car for 507,000 out the door including 1 year insurance, registration, red plate, window tint, floor mats, license plate holder, spare tire. I negotiated with the sales person directly. I did not send my wife in as some have suggested. I thought either they want to sell the car or they don't . does not matter if you are a farang or Thai. Thank you for all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I,m currently looking to buy a Nissan Almera Sportech (the 1.2 E spec) and as I spend 70% of my time in Pattaya I went last week to one of the Nissan dealers there,he offered many extras and 20,000 baht discount for cash.... OK now I,m down in Huay Yot Trang where I have a house with my TGF (in my GF name of course and yes the cynics may say its not mine etc etc but thats another matter) and we spend the other 30% of our time here...........yesterday we went to the local dealership to see what deal they could offer,cutting a long story short we got  the same extras as before BUT a discount of 35,000 baht (my TGF told the sales lady we had been offered 40,000 in Pattaya) this I think is a great deal but upon returning to Pattaya in a few days I shall see if any of the dealers there can match it as it will be more convenient for me,we shall see  :whistling:    the dealer in Trang told us that there was a special promotion on this model but could only offer us the 35,000 baht discount,which of course we think is excellent. I shall update you further

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 11:03 AM, petermik said:

I,m currently looking to buy a Nissan Almera Sportech (the 1.2 E spec) and as I spend 70% of my time in Pattaya I went last week to one of the Nissan dealers there,he offered many extras and 20,000 baht discount for cash.... OK now I,m down in Huay Yot Trang where I have a house with my TGF (in my GF name of course and yes the cynics may say its not mine etc etc but thats another matter) and we spend the other 30% of our time here...........yesterday we went to the local dealership to see what deal they could offer,cutting a long story short we got  the same extras as before BUT a discount of 35,000 baht (my TGF told the sales lady we had been offered 40,000 in Pattaya) this I think is a great deal but upon returning to Pattaya in a few days I shall see if any of the dealers there can match it as it will be more convenient for me,we shall see  :whistling:    the dealer in Trang told us that there was a special promotion on this model but could only offer us the 35,000 baht discount,which of course we think is excellent. I shall update you further

Back in Pattaya now and managed to squeeze the  Siam Nissan dealer to discount 40,000 baht + the usual extras,car ordered pick up on saturday...:thumbsup: