Briton Jailed in Pattaya on Defamation and Visa Overstay Charges

rooster59

....seems more and more that...... coming here...investing...trying to live here...are just a losing proposition....

...but very beneficial to Thais.....

...all manner of Thai criminals ...even drug dealers...never have 1 baht of their assets confiscated.....

...foreigners...ignorant...misinformed...and greatly outnumbered.....

...just end up losing everything...time and again.....

....makes no difference what the truth is....justice is absent for foreigners

...and so often.....'just because someone(s)*** 'said so'....

The guy has been involved with bad company and received bad advice from foreigners he believed were ' connected within the Thai legal system and in the know ' He has been tricked and conned out of money and is at the end of his tether. The man is on the verge of a serious breakdown.

Most of these charges against him are regards Thailand's infamous ' libel laws ' and have been instigated by the very people who have cheated him out of money.

The alleged injured parties who brought these charges have themselves also skipped Thailand and it is without a doubt that they will NOT return as they are on multiple charges of theft and dishonesty and have jumped bail conditions and there are warrants out for their arrests.

Moving now to his overstay, what he should be doing is reporting to Immigration and then an appointed officer goes to Pattaya court and clears his stay with the court otherwise he is technically on overstay { in their eyes and their rules } He does not have to pay any fees for these extensions as he is here by order of the court and cannot leave. However, foreigners are never told this important piece of information and are just expected to know it by themselves which in itself, is a disgrace.

He does look a totally broken man and its sorry to see. what you write is pretty much how I see what's happened and its a pity that this forum is full of idiots that cant give this guy some slack and see how and why he has ended up as he is.

Lots of rumors and Chinese whispers so far but not one of his so called 'mates" have the balls to spell out exactly what happened so he will have a long stretch in jail, thats the only facts 100%

So, 'harassing Thai nationals online' constitutes defamation in this country?

Should be a big wake up call to Regime bashers here on TV. They are coming for you

Its just a foolish thing to be doing

I think I would like to know more about this before passing judgement.

His crime might just be 'telling the truth' and 'whistle blowing'.....

Perhaps better to sit quietly and say nothing with a pacifier in your mouth, yes, but some folks can't seem to do that.

1. THREE ‘suspended’ prison sentences for violent assault, or offences relating to threatening behaviour.
  2. THREE suspended prison terms, without either coughing up large amounts of cash, or, having friends in high places?
  3. THREE suspended prison terms, ‘subsequently awarded’ whilst ‘already’ on previous suspended sentences?
  4. A ‘one hundred day’ prison term recently served?
  5. Six additional outstanding charges, including threats to kill, yet to be adjudicated?
  6. New deformation charges against Thai persons?
  7. Then, there are the unreported assaults?
  8. Then, there are the reported assaults that were ‘IGNORED’ due to the friends in high places scenario?

Boy, does this guy seem to have the endless ability to land himself in the wrong place, at the wrong time?

Or, maybe he's just guilty as charged!

Save your sympathy for those more deserving of it...

So, 'harassing Thai nationals online' constitutes defamation in this country?

Should be a big wake up call to Regime bashers here on TV. They are coming for you

Its just a foolish thing to be doing

There is no evidence that he bashed the regime. It seems as if his problems are business related that led him to the situation he is in now.

weed out the over stayers.

they cannot be quality tourists.the immigration data base should be

tweaked to list out those who have exceeded their legal visa limits.

inform the lodging sources, clinics, hospitals, vehicle rental companies and

even telcos to verify valid visa before extending their services to the visitors.

Too stupid to keep his head down.

I once had a significant overstay many moons ago, and I personally don't understand how people can go on indefinitely, but I cleared it up when circumstances changed.

The simple absence of the ability to present documentation made doing anything ridiculously difficult. I couldn't live like that - as persona non grata - for any long period of time.

I don't know anything about this case. But nonetheless I am rarely surprised by the amount of baying animals that post without perusing the thread, as they are so keen to get the boot in.

His 'overstay' has been clearly explained, but yet the ignorant or stupid still ply the same nonsense.

Jezus the guy was taken to court by Brian Goudie aka Goldie a Scottisch confidance trickster who spent time in jail in Australia for simular offences and was posing as a fake lawyer in Pattaya and has taken many to the cleaners in that wonderfull beachtown....

Google the name .....Brian Goldie or Goudie and Drew Noyes !

The guy who filed defamation charges against matthews is now wanted by Thai law himself and on overstay himself because his pasport was confiscated in relation to courtcases against the fake lawyer wich he lost

and an arrest warrent has been issued for Goudie/Goldie.

Archived