Tiger Temple’s land now seized for allocation to landless farmer

rooster59

Tiger Temple’s land now seized for allocation to landless farmer

post-247607-0-02154000-1468679662_thumb.

KANCHANABURI: Government authorities yesterday seized 13 large plots of lands in Kanchanaburi province in respond to the government's policy to reclaim all lands illegally occupied by influential people.

One of the large plots confiscated is owned by the Tiger Temple.

Authorities from the Kanchanaburi provincial agricultural land reform office were accompanied by soldiers to post official seizure notices on 13 plots of properties.

The plot occupied illegally by Tiger Temole or officially called Wat Pa Luang Ta Maha Bua temple covers more than 1,042 rai.

Authorities said so far lands seized from the temple and those belonging to Ms. Piengjai Harnphanich – who owns Land and House Company; alone account for more than 1,263 rai.

A further plot seized from an unnamed association brings the official total to more than 3,000 rai now in Kanchanaburi.

The local land reform office revealed that these lands would enable them to allocate land to more than 500 landless families to farm.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tiger-temples-land-now-seized-allocation-landless-farmer/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-16

"Authorities said so far lands seized from the temple and those belonging to Ms. Piengjai Harnphanich – who owns Land and House Company; alone account for more than 1,263 rai."

"A further plot seized from an unnamed association brings the official total to more than 3,000 rai now in Kanchanaburi."

"all lands illegally occupied by influential people."

And when will these "influentials" be prosecuted?

Call me stupid, but how can you be a farmer if you do not have land??

can any one walk up and say i am a farmer give me land??

There are many small lot farmers who rent land to eke out a living, little more than subsistence farming, and people who work as farmers for an employer.

It's possible that it's people like them to whom land will be given.

3000 rai split 500 ways is about 9600 sq meters each, 1 hectare, 120 X 80 meters, quite a bit of land, but it's not great quality land out near the old tiger temple.

Edited by F4UCorsair

There are many small lot farmers who rent land to eke out a living, little more than subsistence farming, and people who work as farmers for an employer.

3000 rai split 500 ways is about 9600 sq meters each, 1 hectare, 120 X 80 meters, quite a bit of land, but it's not great quality land out near the old tiger temple.

I'm sure you all read the full article!!!!!!! "The local land reform office revealed that these lands would enable them to allocate land to more than 500 landless families to farm.

But I'm sure you all read down that far and not just the headlines!!!!!????? Didn't you

I would really like to believe that this land will improve the lives of many landless farmers, but this is Thailand and I can't help but believe that it will somehow find its way back into the hands of the "influential people"

Interesting caption "Landless Farmer" !! So they are Farmers too poor to purchase and will now rent from the government or will the government give a conditional deed, covenant not to sell ?

Hey Yall, I think that back in the Southern states 100 years ago this was called" Share Cropping".

I'm sure you all read the full article!!!!!!! "The local land reform office revealed that these lands would enable them to allocate land to more than 500 landless families to farm.

But I'm sure you all read down that far and not just the headlines!!!!!????? Didn't you

Why are you berating me? I obviously did read the entire article, even did the calculations.

6 rai is not a lot when it's mongrel land, and completely worthless without sufficient water for cropping.

I was fortunate that I did not get to see this tiger temple.

I am glad that some poor farmers will get some land of their own to

farm. Thailand has enough problems with, corruption and this

will at least help out a few people.

Geezer