2 cops accused of embezzling traffic fines

webfact

2 cops accused of embezzling traffic fines
By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

TRAFFIC-DANCE.jpg
Traffic police officers dance April 6, 2012, in the middle of Ratchaprasong Intersection in Bangkok to promote road safety. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — A pair of police deputy inspectors were suspended and placed under investigation Monday for allegedly embezzling more than 50,000 baht in traffic fines.

In another embarrassment for the police force, the news comes at the heels of two other scandals involving cops and their alleged abuse of power in recent days.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/07/19/2-cops-accused-embezzling-traffic-fines/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-19

If the boys from Thonglor police station would have a say in it, this will never be prosecuted at all.....

just do the Red bull boy way of justice......

Edited by ezzra

According to the link, the alleged embezzlement happened back in Jan 2015... and now they want another year to investigate, the word incompetence springs to mind..

The evidence (bank notes) went missing??? gigglem.gif

Only 2 ???

As the RTP has over 200,000 officers I suspect the real number of officers on the take to be a 6 digit number.

I think a more shocking headline would read "2 cops not accused of embezzling traffic fines" - I mean, that would be news!

Me think it would be a lot harder to find 2 BiBs which are not 'on the take'...! Don't know of any single occasion where some kind of 'transaction' was not offered at a lower price than the, justified, ...or not, 'fine' requested (and 'fast service' too).

Remember being stopped and fined for 'speeding' (on the left lane, between trucks and busses, but the only Farang around...), where my Thai wife 'negociated' it down to 300B-straight-in-the-pocket, with as premium a little piece of coloured paper to show when stopped again not to have to pay several times on the same day... LOL, TiT

as long as crooked police only "are being transferred to an inactive post" (of course enjoying full salary) in such cases, this will never stop.

this and the sick bail system (that benefits the rich and VIPs) is what is poisoning the Thai society most

2?

I'd be more impressed if it was 2,000, but 2?

Another sop to what they evidently believe is a very stupid public.

Besides, they left the free haircuts out of the photograph.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Traffic police officers dance April 6, 2012, in the middle of Ratchaprasong Intersection in Bangkok to promote road safety. Photo: Matichon

Shows that sometimes super tight brown uniforms do work. Why is it that all the ones I see bulge in exactly the wrong places?

This would be the cops that stole the ticket books - am i remembering right?