Yellow lemons; where in thailand ?

federico

Hello everybody,

I like very much those yellow lemons we have in europe especially those from around mediterranea, big and juicy

But here in thailand i have only seen the little green limes which are good too but... not as much to my taste

Have you ever seen yellow lemons here in the markets or supermarkets ?

Do you know if this specie could grow here ?

Just a question i was asking myself as i am pretty much boring in my bkk hotel room waiting for taxi to airport

Someone has any answer ?

Cheers

fred

Didn't see therm in our Makro (Khlong Luang) this week.

We did have a tree that Wifey's sister brought from Italy, we had fruit for two years then something got it, all the leaves fell off and it died :(

Is there an alternative for cooking where lemon juice is required ?

Real lemon juice in the small bottles, same as is sold in European countries, is available at Big C extra, and probably Tesco or other foreign oriented super markets.

I don't know where they are grown, but they were for sale in Makro Pattaya last weekend, so i assume other Makro's will also have them

That's right, they do, at about Baht 55 each
Your Macro is pricey.

Bought some in Phitsanulok by weight,worked out about 11 baht each.

Made lemon meringue pie and lemon curd,hmmmm delicious.

I heard you can get them in Chang Mai, Thsiland not really cold enough

There are a couple of rai of organic-lemons, on the organic-farm next to Prem Center/PTIS-Intl-School, just outside Chaing Mai.

http://farm.threegeneration.org/#

I also see them for sale at branches (there are several) of Rimping Supermarket in Chiang Mai, albeit at a horrible price, I think roughly B300/kg.

What I'd call a Mediterranean-Lemon is apparently called a 'Hawaian-Lemon' here in Thailand, perhaps they were introduced from there ?

• 1 year later...

Real lemon is totally different from lime. I had lemon tree in the back next to swim pool in Palo Alto California. Tiny tree but almost covered with fairly large lemons. The flowers are beautiful little things and a lovely smell. I do see the, here in Phuket but not common and expensive vs. limes. Different name also: limanao vs. manao.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Squeezed red ants do the trick in Isaan. ?

I can suck a lemon, yes I know there's going to be comments, but red ant eggs (to be more more precise) are too bitter.