"Where was the sign?" cries angry motorist after Vios takes a dip in a ditch

snoop1130

"Where was the sign?" cries angry motorist after Vios takes a dip in a ditch

s4p.jpg

Image: Daily News

SAMUT PRAKARN:-- An angry motorist in Samut Prakarn drove into a deep ditch half submerging his Toyota Vios on Tuesday - he is furious that there was no signage.

Work is going on in the Sri Nakharin area to improve the drainage. But heavy rains made negotiating the area difficult.

Sutsadorn Ornrahung, 36, has reported the matter to police so he can get compensation from the authorities who have been digging up the road.

He claimed there was just one cone and no signage or barrier to warn about the large hole in the road near the PTT gas station.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-19

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"...he is furious that there was no signage."

Has he been in a coma all of his life? Rarely is there any indication of bad roads, pot holes, soft shoulders, and most of all idiot drivers coming in your direction. Responsibility has always taken a backseat to Mai Pen Rai. As mentioned in previous posts, a caring person might have put a tree branch down on the road. That's about the highest level of responsibility in the LOS.

Edited by jaltsc

Someone who buys a Vios is very obviously not driving for fun. I mean, a Vios! And people who don't like to do a thing are usually not very good at it.

IoW. Bad cars are used by bad drivers.

(Why is there always a Vios in front to of me on the right most lane on the Motorway?)

Thai traffic management is, well, on comparison same same but different to every other thing they seem to overlook on our roads, Lack of cops or should I say, lack of police enforcement actually doing what they are paid for.....................................

I live in Hat Yai, ,, I see everyday cops on motorcycles, sitting stationary at a red light, then the light is green, but NO, the policeman on said bike watches, on average, six bus, car, songtell etc etc..... but hey, no problem, its not his job,,, well after the 3 second delay. ... ha aha...

Look left, look right, because there aint nobody taking care of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!blink.png

I'd like to see the photo more zoomed out, chances were high he was moving where he shouldn't have been in the first place 555

But yea....large puddle of water and the surroundings look "just fine"....reason enough to go for a swim I guess.

Unlike Britain where there would be three miles of cones and a snail trail of traffic until you finally reach a roadworks area with no work whatsoever being done !

Australia does better than that: in addition to the miles of cones there would be at least 5 or 6 men directing traffic , holding 'slow' signs as the traffic crawls ( unless it's raining,then, no one to be seen).

Losing your temper in this case resulted in losing your car. Calm down and count to 10.

Is that a Toyota work suit ? maybe a customers car being taken on a test drive to find leaks ..confirmed.

If the guy in the tan work suit had been the driver, do you figure he'd be soaking wet?

In BKK they do block lanes who are under contruction but that makes it even far more dangerous. They just place huge concrete barriers on the road (in a corner or other dark spot) without any warningsigns or reflectors on them.

Several times we could just hardly avoid them because they are invisible. Just grey conrete is hard to see through a dark tainted window.

Also with my motorbike i have been very lucky to be able avoiding roadbloks which the workers just push on the road without looking at the coming traffic. And if they have Thai text on them i even can't read it at all.

I still remember the noise of screaming car-tires right behind me because i had to make an emergencystop infront of Somchai who pushed a roadblock onto my lane.

Someone who buys a Vios is very obviously not driving for fun. I mean, a Vios! And people who don't like to do a thing are usually not very good at it.

IoW. Bad cars are used by bad drivers.

(Why is there always a Vios in front to of me on the right most lane on the Motorway?)

Great, So I am not paranoid about Vios (and Honda City) drivers after all.

Unlike Britain where there would be three miles of cones and a snail trail of traffic until you finally reach a roadworks area with no work whatsoever being done !

Australia does better than that: in addition to the miles of cones there would be at least 5 or 6 men directing traffic , holding 'slow' signs as the traffic crawls ( unless it's raining,then, no one to be seen).

So true, I noticed now in the NT they are hiring more females as traffic controllers, apparently they have more patience holding signs for an extended time than males.

What a load of BS. Grow up. If it was your kids, working, on the road you'd be damn pissed off if drives sped past, or are you one of those the workers/public needs protection from.

So true, I noticed now in the NT they are hiring more females as traffic controllers, apparently they have more patience holding signs for an extended time than males.

Every state hires both males and females, show some "proof" of your comment. As well as traffic controllers, in most cases, the men ALSO do the more physical roadworks. More BS from narrow minded people.

I remember, a few years ago, when I brought my fiancé to the airport, on my way back home in the middle of the night I was driving that other land road. And when I finally approached the curve onto the highway WITHOUT PROPER LIGHTING, about just 7 meters away with "considerable steady speed"(<-to mildly put it this way) and only a split second to react, I almost smashed a dark skinned and dark shirt migrant road worker to death who was performing road construction duties along with a few other fellows...........

Well where was the sign for roadwork??? Get it???

This is indeed Thailand.... Safety last.

Edited by MaxLee

short cuts often lead to deeper problems.

it is incumbent upon the contractors to provide suitable

signage in work in progress zones.lack of proper signs

resulted in this accident.

drivers too need to exercise extra caution in such areas.