Ukraine: journalist Pavel Sheremet killed by car bomb in Kyiv

snoop1130

Ukraine: journalist Pavel Sheremet killed by car bomb in Kyiv

606x341_339092.jpg

UKRAINE:-- A well-known journalist in Ukraine has been killed by a car bomb in the capital Kyiv.

Pavel Sheremet was a host on Radio Vesti and worked for the news website Ukrayinska Pravda.

The car he was driving exploded at about 7.45 on Wednesday morning.

According to the website the vehicle belonged not to the journalist but to its founding editor.

Originally from Belarus, Sheremet had worked in Russia but was based in Ukraine for the past five years.

“Everything will be done in order to collect all available evidence on spot, to search the crime scene and carry on the investigation. All leads will be explored,” said a police investigator at the scene.

Announcing the news, Ukraine’s prime minister Volodymyr Groysman sent his condolences via Twitter.

The Prosecutor General has described it as murder.

The journalist is said to have been heading to the radio station to host his show.

Ukrayinska Pravda has a reputation for tackling corruption and campaigning for free speech.

Its co-founder Georgiy Gongadze was kidnapped and murdered in 2000.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-20

Putin the Chekist Tsar must be involved.

Chekist and Tsar?

you know the meaning of these words?clap2.gif

Yes, I know the meaning of these words but there's another passenger on this forum called Publickus, he might give a better and more trendy information of these words

With so much corruption there, it might be hard to find out who did it. Sad news.

Its every there be hard to find who did it..

But can get version and even the confession of a crime by a person or group of people..blink.png

Edited by ardokano

Chekist and Tsar?

Yes, I know the meaning of these words but there's another passenger on this forum called Publickus, he might give a better and more trendy information of these words

biggrin.png

chekisty its active part (specializing in torment and murder) of the criminal terrorist group, which destroyed Russia and destroyed the Russian monarchy.

chekist its the Tsar and the Russian enemy..

rolleyes.gif

Chekist and Tsar?

biggrin.png

chekisty its active part (specializing in torment and murder) of the criminal terrorist group, which destroyed Russia and destroyed the Russian monarchy.

chekist its the Tsar and the Russian enemy..

rolleyes.gif

clap2.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif Thank you, you've made my day

clap2.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif Thank you, you've made my day

Are you welcome..rolleyes.gif

but its true..

Forget say, name terrorist group its be- Russian Communist Party (Bolshevik) radical terrorist group from Russian Social-Democratic Labour Party..

thumbsup.gif

He was a close friend of Boris Nemstov. Who was killed last year. Both anti Putin and anti corruption.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Sheremet

Sheremet resigned from the Public Television of Russia (OTR) in July 2014, saying that journalists who didn't follow the "style of Kremlin propaganda" while covering the ongoing crisis in Ukraine were "hounded".[14]

He was a critic of Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko, of Russian President Vladimir Putin and, as of lately, of Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, as well as a personal friend of assassinated Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov.[5][15][16] He publicly criticized the Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation and the Russian military intervention in Ukraine.[5] In his last blog post, on 17 July 2016, he worried that militias could attempt a coup in Ukraine, and accused some of their members of being above the law and having alliances with crime syndicates.[17]

Of course Russians killed him, who else? In this wonderful, peaceful, cultural, intelligent, tolerant country called Ukraine which is ruled by oligarchs and nazis and is directed by we-all-know-how, only the bloody Tsar Chekist Putin could have designed that murder. Sometimes I feel that if tomorrow will be bad weather, it will be Putin's fault. The West is boring, not interesting, aggressive, arrogant, rude and unfair. Russians will remember this attitude for a very long time. There are no more illusions about so-called Western democracy in the Russian society. Russia should impose stronger sanctions on the West, as in fact, these unlawfully imposed sanctions on Russia have started boosting it's own economy which is now showing better results than some of the EU member states. Russia should protect itself from NATO aggression which is boldly deploying nuclear missiles on Russian borders and should certainly take measures against it.

He was a close friend of Boris Nemstov. Who was killed last year. Both anti Putin and anti corruption.

Sheremet resigned from the Public Television of Russia (OTR) in July 2014, saying that journalists who didn't follow the "style of Kremlin propaganda" while covering the ongoing crisis in Ukraine were "hounded".[14]

He was a critic of Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko, of Russian President Vladimir Putin and, as of lately, of Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, as well as a personal friend of assassinated Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov.[5][15][16] He publicly criticized the Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation and the Russian military intervention in Ukraine.[5] In his last blog post, on 17 July 2016, he worried that militias could attempt a coup in Ukraine, and accused some of their members of being above the law and having alliances with crime syndicates.[17]

cheesy.gif

Anti coruption?

Nemcove be billionaire.

Who are anti corrupt. certainly can not be in Russia or Ukraine in politics.

it's just an advertising slogan in politics

cheesy.gif

Chekist and Tsar?

Milles pardons, Monsieur "Publicus" I hope I have not insulted his excellency Publicus with accidentally added "k" in his name, I admit my crime and I will write down 1000 times "Publicus" correctly in order not to make such a terrible mistake again

Of course Russians killed him, who else? In this wonderful, peaceful, cultural, intelligent, tolerant country called Ukraine which is ruled by oligarchs and nazis and is directed by we-all-know-how, only the bloody Tsar Chekist Putin could have designed that murder. Sometimes I feel that if tomorrow will be bad weather, it will be Putin's fault. The West is boring, not interesting, aggressive, arrogant, rude and unfair. Russians will remember this attitude for a very long time. There are no more illusions about so-called Western democracy in the Russian society. Russia should impose stronger sanctions on the West, as in fact, these unlawfully imposed sanctions on Russia have started boosting it's own economy which is now showing better results than some of the EU member states. Russia should protect itself from NATO aggression which is boldly deploying nuclear missiles on Russian borders and should certainly take measures against it.

The West is boring, not interesting, aggressive, arrogant, rude and unfair.

Same could be said of Russia! LOL

There are no more illusions about so-called Western democracy in the Russian society.

Right on! Putin ensured this. Unlawful sanctions? So, invading another country and taking their sovereign territory is OK and lawful? Really....

Economy doing good? Really?

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/22/putin-turns-to-xi-as-russian-economy-stumbles-on-sanctions-oil-price-drop.html

NATO aggression? Ask Georgia, Ukraine, Chechnya. Also ask the former USSR satellite states how it worked out after Russia took them over. Memories are long in those countries. Ukraine being one. Which suffered a humanitarian disaster beyond belief. They've not forgotten:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

During the Holodomor millions of citizens of Ukraine, the majority of whom were ethnic Ukrainians, died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in the history of Ukraine.[10] Since 2006, the Holodomor has been recognized by the independent Ukraine[11] and 14 other countries as a genocide of the Ukrainian people carried out by the Soviet Union.[12]

Early estimates of the death toll by scholars and government officials varied greatly; anywhere from 1.8[13] to 12 million[14] ethnic Ukrainians were said to have perished as a result of the famine. Recent research has since narrowed the estimates to between 2.4[15] and 7.5[16] million. The exact number of deaths is hard to determine, due to a lack of records,[17][18] but the number increases significantly when the deaths inside heavily Ukrainian-populated Kuban are included.[19] Older estimates are still often cited in political commentary.[20] According to the findings of the Court of Appeal of Kyiv in 2010, the demographic losses due to the famine amounted to 10 million, with 3.9 million direct famine deaths, and a further 6.1 million birth deficit.[17]

Craig,

The sanctions can be imposed only by the decision of the UN, you know that very well.

Yes, the Russian economy has shown a little but growth especially in agricultural sector as Russians started their own production.

The absense of illusions about benefits of the Western democracy in the Russian society is not because of Putin but because of the West which by unknown reason refused itself to have good relations with Russia when it was such a chance during Gorbachev and Yeltsin's pro-Western governments. Russian were very happy when communism fell and they felt that the liberty has finally came. The result was opposite. Nato bombings of Serbia (a Russian ally) and so on.

Chechnya - i am sorry, it was occupied by Al-Quaeda and decided to become an independent state in 90s and the beginning of 2000x.. You know this very well.

Georgia first attacked Russian soldiers in Southern Ossetia and invaded capital Tshinval in 2008 and received what it should have received.

Ukrainean president Yanukovich fled to Russia because of the coup, now the country is ruled by groups of oligarchs and nazist who are even changing the names of the streets in cities to their Nazi heroes: Stepan Bandera etc.

The civil war in Ukraine started because of that stupid law about using Russian language on the territory of Ukraine as a second state language and turned out in what we see now. Tens of thousands casualties now and whole regions are in ruins.

You refer to holodomor in Ukraine, sorry, it was in 30s last century during Stalin and has nothing to do with modern Russia. Russia is not a communist country anymore (thanks God) and Stalin's crimes against own population is very well known and are condemned. Stalin is respected by the population as a winner in WW2 which saved the country from destruction by Nazi Germany.

Nato aggression. NATO has recently deployed nuclear missiles in Poland, Romania right on Russian borders and is telling Russian that it should relax as these missiles are against Iran ( this is ridiculous).

Edited by Hammock

They've not forgotten:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

During the Holodomor millions of citizens of Ukraine, the majority of whom were ethnic Ukrainians, died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in the history of Ukraine.[10] Since 2006, the Holodomor has been recognized by the independent Ukraine[11] and 14 other countries as a genocide of the Ukrainian people carried out by the Soviet Union.[12]

Early estimates of the death toll by scholars and government officials varied greatly; anywhere from 1.8[13] to 12 million[14] ethnic Ukrainians were said to have perished as a result of the famine. Recent research has since narrowed the estimates to between 2.4[15] and 7.5[16] million. The exact number of deaths is hard to determine, due to a lack of records,[17][18] but the number increases significantly when the deaths inside heavily Ukrainian-populated Kuban are included.[19] Older estimates are still often cited in political commentary.[20] According to the findings of the Court of Appeal of Kyiv in 2010, the demographic losses due to the famine amounted to 10 million, with 3.9 million direct famine deaths, and a further 6.1 million birth deficit.[17]

facepalm.gif

Citizen of Ukrainion ? holodomor?

where are ethnic Ukrainians?
and then it is checked? With the caliper rials face the Nazis?
It is a flat on the bones of people.bah.gif
Deliberate destruction along ethnic lines was not.
It was the destruction of all who not to obey the terrorist group - the Russian Communists.
Russian Communists deceived them. The territory modern Ukraine was a large independent peasant farm at that time..
But also people died on the territory of modern Belarus and Russia.
SO what Holodomor millions of citizens of Ukraine? If not terrorist Group Russian communist its even not be any Ukrainerolleyes.gif
Normaly must say:
HOLODOMOR millions peasant Rissian Empire territoryas a result of criminal activities of the terrorist group by name Russian Communists died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in The history of Russia!!

so no neede say bullshit about "as a genocide of the Ukrainian people carried out by the Soviet Union."

Soviet Union this is a state (because it recognized the Western countries)created by terrorist group Russian Communists. And in Ukraine in the ranks of this group were ethnic Ukrainians.

a group of people against whom this action .. the peasants were not subordinate the terrorist group .

Its be different Ethnics.. Not only Ukrainians.. and not only on territory of Ukraine

Edited by ardokano

The civil war in Ukraine started because of that stupid law about using Russian language on the territory of Ukraine as a second state language and turned out in what we see now.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sillier version is difficult to come up with.

" stupid law" came with the proclamation of independence of Ukraine..

In the main law of Ukraine-Ukrainian Constitution.

why it waited so long? almost 25 years?

Edited by ardokano

Craig,

The sanctions can be imposed only by the decision of the UN, you know that very well.

Yes, the Russian economy has shown a little but growth especially in agricultural sector as Russians started their own production.

The absense of illusions about benefits of the Western democracy in the Russian society is not because of Putin but because of the West which by unknown reason refused itself to have good relations with Russia when it was such a chance during Gorbachev and Yeltsin's pro-Western governments. Russian were very happy when communism fell and they felt that the liberty has finally came. The result was opposite. Nato bombings of Serbia (a Russian ally) and so on.

Chechnya - i am sorry, it was occupied by Al-Quaeda and decided to become an independent state in 90s and the beginning of 2000x.. You know this very well.

Georgia first attacked Russian soldiers in Southern Ossetia and invaded capital Tshinval in 2008 and received what it should have received.

Ukrainean president Yanukovich fled to Russia because of the coup, now the country is ruled by groups of oligarchs and nazist who are even changing the names of the streets in cities to their Nazi heroes: Stepan Bandera etc.

The civil war in Ukraine started because of that stupid law about using Russian language on the territory of Ukraine as a second state language and turned out in what we see now. Tens of thousands casualties now and whole regions are in ruins.

You refer to holodomor in Ukraine, sorry, it was in 30s last century during Stalin and has nothing to do with modern Russia. Russia is not a communist country anymore (thanks God) and Stalin's crimes against own population is very well known and are condemned. Stalin is respected by the population as a winner in WW2 which saved the country from destruction by Nazi Germany.

Nato aggression. NATO has recently deployed nuclear missiles in Poland, Romania right on Russian borders and is telling Russian that it should relax as these missiles are against Iran ( this is ridiculous).

The Russian Economy is not growing, it's contracting. Lack of freedom of speech, free press, and Western style democracy is purely because of Putin. He's running the country! LOL What has Serbia got to do with this?

And perhaps best if you educate yourself regarding Chechnya. Problems with Russia have been going on forever. Well before Al-Quaeda was ever formed. They want to be independent. Just like most of the other former USSR satellite states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechen%E2%80%93Russian_conflict

Same with the Georgian war. Best you read up on this. I was in Georgia 2 weeks ago. In Gori, which was bombed by Russia, killing 60 civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Georgian_War

Following Vladimir Putin's rise to power in Russia in 2000 and a pro-Western change of power in Georgia in 2003, relations between Russia and Georgia began to deteriorate, reaching a full diplomatic crisis by April 2008. By August 1, 2008, Ossetian separatists began shelling Georgian villages, with a sporadic response from Georgian peacekeepers in the region. To put an end to these deadly attacks and restore order, the Georgian Army was sent to the South Ossetian conflict zone on 7 August.[30] Georgians took control of most of Tskhinvali, a separatist stronghold, in hours. Georgia later stated it was also responding to Russia moving non-peacekeeping units into the country.

Russia accused Georgia of "aggression against South Ossetia",[30] and launched a large-scale land, air and sea invasion of Georgia on 8 August with the stated aim of "peace enforcement" operation.[31] Russian and Ossetian forces battled Georgian forces in and around South Ossetia for several days, until Georgian forces retreated. Russian and Abkhaz forces opened a second front by attacking the Kodori Gorge held by Georgia. Russian naval forces blockaded part of the Georgian coast. This was the first war in history in which cyber warfare coincided with military action. An active information war was also waged during and after the conflict. President of France Nicolas Sarkozy negotiated a ceasefire agreement on 12 August.

I've given up on the rest. You are way off regarding Ukraine. I was there last year, in Maidan Square.

Craig, I do not agree with a single word which you are saying, we are in the opposite sides of the wall so I won't waste my time arguing with you. Your position is pro-western, there is nothing for us to explain to each other. I know what is happening in Russia, Ukraine but whatever I will say will be rejected. You can't accept my truth, so do I. Have a nice evening.

PS What did you do on Maidan square during coup, I guess you were not a tourist there?

Edited by Hammock

Craig, I do not agree with a single word which you are saying, we are in the opposite sides of the wall so I won't waste my time arguing with you. Your position is pro-western, there is nothing for us to explain to each other. I know what is happening in Russia, Ukraine but whatever I will say will be rejected. You can't accept my truth, so do I. Have a nice evening.

Understood. You are pro-Russian. I've been in Russia also. Fantastic country, lousy leaders.

I believe what's printed in the Western news, mostly, and from what I've seen during my 6 months of touring the various former USSR satellite states. The people there agree with what I've said. Simple!

P.S. I'm not pro-Western at all. Just pro-truth. When was the last time you were in Ukraine? Kiev?

Craig, as i told you, your point of view will not be accepted by 90% of Russians, your position is pro - Western and not pro-truth. We have different views on what is truth. Continued discussion is pointless. Try saying what you have wrote on the Russian - Thai forums and you will see. I won't waste my time in useless discussions.

Craig, as i told you, your point of view will not be accepted by 90% of Russians, your position is pro - Western and not pro-truth. We have different views on what is truth. Continued discussion is pointless. Try saying what you have wrote on the Russian - Thai forums and you will see. I won't waste my time in useless discussions.

Ok. Give me one credible link that proves your argument. Please, not from Russian media as it's owned by the government. Just one.

Go to Russia, go to Crimea and talk to people there. There you will see truth. Which links do you want me to provide? Visit Baltic states where all population has gone to EU to find work to survive and only government officials are native Baltic citizens, the rest of the population are native Russians. Hold a referendum in the Baltic states and you will be surprised and will immediately declare the referendum unlawful or whatever you would say. By the way, why were you in Maidan, a US citizen during coup d'etat? What were you doing there?

Go to Russia, go to Crimea and talk to people there. There you will see truth. Which links do you want me to provide? Visit Baltic states where all population has gone to EU to find work to survive and only government officials are native Baltic citizens, the rest of the population are native Russians. Hold a referendum in the Baltic states and you will be surprised and will immediately declare the referendum unlawful or whatever you would say. By the way, why were you in Maidan, a US citizen during coup d'etat? What were you doing there?

Where is your link proving this? I've been to Russia, been to all the Baltics, last year. Not ALL have gone to the EU, quite the contrary. Estonia is doing fantastic. Latvia is doing very well. Lithuania less so, but still OK. Why is the population native Russians? Do some research on this.

I've been in all these places in the past year or so. Sentiments towards Russia are not good. For good reasons. You do know their history, right? Visit some of the genocide museums there. It will change you mind quickly.

Ukraine, like Russia, is a great country. Maidan Square is a great place to be. Especially on a Sunday. Streets are closed and everybody is out enjoying themselves.

Again, post links proving what you are saying. Otherwise....well....

Craig, you want me to post some links but not of the Russian origin. Do you want me to post CNN or BBC links or what? You do not believe Russian links, i do not believe western links. Internet is not a reliable source of information. Anyone can write here whatever they want. How can anyone judge facts basing on someones Facebook posts? Reminds me the "investigation" of shot MH over Ukraine which was also based on "links" and "posts in internet. Maybe we should start consider notes made on walls in public toilets as well as an evidence? I was in all Baltic states, Ukraine, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and tens of other countries and so what? I can tell you absolutely opposite things that you are saying. Hold a referendum, like it was in UK, in Crimea and in the Baltics and then you will see the truth. Otherwise... Well

1) Bandera spent most of WWII in a Nazi prison (1941-44). So much for being a "Nazi hero". I know Russians hate him, because he really hated

them.

2) The war in Ukraine was started because Putin would be dead by now if Muscovites were allowed to see the Ukrainian people rising up against their corrupt leadership and set themselves free. Putin could not risk them getting any bright ideas. So he started a war that has cost nearly 10,000 lives and displaced over 1 million.

3) Stalin is becoming popular in Russia again, too many people don't care about his crimes. He DID NOT save the USSR from Nazi Germany, he was the direct cause of it. In the 1930s he allowed the Germans to secretly train in the USSR, he purged the vast majority of Soviet officers, then teamed up with Hitler in the early years of WWII and finally, ignored warnings from his generals that Hitler was preparing to attack. What a hero.

4) Do you have a link to NATO deploying nukes in Poland and Romania? I don't think NATO has nukes in its arsenal. The USA sure does as do some other individual members. There was supposed to be a missile shield placed in Czech and Poland but Obama cancelled that when he took office. Romania doesn't have a border with Russia, and Poland has a border with Kaliningrad, but that is really German territory anyway.

Go to Russia, go to Crimea and talk to people there. There you will see truth. Which links do you want me to provide? Visit Baltic states where all population has gone to EU to find work to survive and only government officials are native Baltic citizens, the rest of the population are native Russians.

Riiiiight, and there are no more Russians in Moscow, only Chechens and Uzbeks.

Hammock, on 25 Jul 2016 - 22:09, said:

Craig, you want me to post some links but not of the Russian origin. Do you want me to post CNN or BBC links or what? You do not believe Russian links, i do not believe western links. Internet is not a reliable source of information. Anyone can write here whatever they want. How can anyone judge facts basing on someones Facebook posts? Reminds me the "investigation" of shot MH over Ukraine which was also based on "links" and "posts in internet. Maybe we should start consider notes made on walls in public toilets as well as an evidence? I was in all Baltic states, Ukraine, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and tens of other countries and so what? I can tell you absolutely opposite things that you are saying. Hold a referendum, like it was in UK, in Crimea and in the Baltics and then you will see the truth. Otherwise... Well

Any link from a media site that is not owned by a government or is near the bottom of the list for freedom of press. Sadly, that includes all media from countries like Russia and China. And no, I don't believe Russian links. Just like I don't believe news items put out by the CIA.

This might help you. A link from a credible site:

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

As for not believing western news links, well, sad you don't believe some of the best media sites in the world. With fantastic journalists who really do try to get at the truth. Doesn't cover all of them, but some, for sure.

You're grasping at straws and starting to border on trolling. I think we need to get back on topic. OK? Ukraine, killed journalist.

1) Bandera spent most of WWII in a Nazi prison (1941-44). So much for being a "Nazi hero". I know Russians hate him, because he really hated

them.

Agree : Russians hate him and calling him a nazi

2) The war in Ukraine was started because Putin would be dead by now if Muscovites were allowed to see the Ukrainian people rising up against their corrupt leadership and set themselves free. Putin could not risk them getting any bright ideas. So he started a war that has cost nearly 10,000 lives and displaced over 1 million.

Disagree. Even Mrs Nuland admitted that the US spent around 4 billion dollars to organize withdrawal of Ukraine from Russian spheres of interest. Mr Soros spent billions on brainwashing Ukrainian kids at schools publishing text books spreading russophobia. Technically the war started because of the law which was prohibiting usage of Russian language as a second official language. Native Russians were against this which triggered the war.

3) Stalin is becoming popular in Russia again, too many people don't care about his crimes. He DID NOT save the USSR from Nazi Germany, he was the direct cause of it. In the 1930s he allowed the Germans to secretly train in the USSR, he purged the vast majority of Soviet officers, then teamed up with Hitler in the early years of WWII and finally, ignored warnings from his generals that Hitler was preparing to attack. What a hero.

Stalin was a bloody dictator killing millions of own citizens. Only Russian Communists support him in small amount. It was the Soviet people and heroism of the Red Army which led to victory over Nazi Germany. Nobody is making him a hero in Russia, everybody remember his crimes against own people.

4) Do you have a link to NATO deploying nukes in Poland and Romania? I don't think NATO has nukes in its arsenal. The USA sure does as do some other individual members. There was supposed to be a missile shield placed in Czech and Poland but Obama cancelled that when he took office. Romania doesn't have a border with Russia, and Poland has a border with Kaliningrad, but that is really German territory anyway.

Anti-misiles warheads can be replaced by nuclear ones in a matter of hours, what is needed is only to change some software. Poles or Romanians wouldn't even notice this. (Source: Russian Defence Ministry)