Jetstar flight from Sydney to Phuket forced to land in Bali to offload ‘disruptive’ passengers

webfact

Jetstar flight to Phuket forced to land in Bali to offload ‘disruptive’ passengers
Airline says passengers on flight from Sydney refused crew’s requests to settle down and were handed over to police in Indonesia

SYDNEY: -- A Jetstar flight from Sydney to Phuket has been forced to land in Indonesia because of a group of rowdy passengers who had to be taken off the plane.

Flight JQ27 was diverted to Bali on Wednesday night after a group of six passengers travelling together became “extremely disruptive amongst themselves” and refused requests from the crew to settle down, a Jetstar spokeswoman says.

The passengers were handed over to Indonesian police in Bali and the flight then continued onto Phuket.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/21/jetstar-flight-to-phuket-forced-to-land-in-bali-to-offload-disruptive-passengers

-- The Guardian 2016-07-21

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phuket-bound flight dumps Aussie mid-flight brawlers in Bali
The Phuket News

1469068032_1-org.jpg
The Jetstar flight to Phuket was diverted to Bali, where the six rowdy passengers were ordered off the plane. Photo: Ken Fielding / file

PHUKET: -- Six Australian passengers were kicked off a Jetstar flight from Sydney to Phuket last night (July 20), landing themselves in Bali police custody overnight.

The Jetstar flight to Phuket was diverted to Bali, where the six rowdy passengers were ordered off the plane. Photo: Ken Fielding / file

The passengers were engaged ins “a wild mid-air brawl”, reported the Daily Mail, citing Balinese authorities saying the passengers were drunk and fighting on the flight.

Flight JQ27 from Sydney to Phuket was forced to divert last night (July 20) night to Bali.

“During a flight from Sydney to Phuket last night a group of six passengers travelling together were being extremely disruptive amongst themselves and refused requests from our crew,” the airline said in a statement.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-bound-flight-dumps-aussie-mid-flight-brawlers-in-bali-58326.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-07-21

Australian news reports 5.

Five men are in police custody in Bali after a Jetstar plane bound for Phuket was forced to land in Bali after a wild fight broke out between five passengers.

Bradley Beecham, Brett Eldridge, Michael Matthews, Mark Rossiter and Lynmin Waharai are all in airport police custody in Bali after the captain of flight JQ27 from Sydney diverted to hand the men over to police.

oh well that's 5 that aren't going to get drunk and obnoxious in Thailand.

The unscheduled stop-over in Bali must have cost Jetstar thousands of dollars.

I do hope that the airline has the means to pass any added costs onto the five bogans concerned.

Without being held financially accountable for their actions, the selfish idiots may just wear the experience like a badge of honour.

Edited by Radar501

Aussie yobbos, most likely on their first international flight......just got themselves banned from flying for quite a while I would imagine....best thing that could happen..!

No doubt Jetstar will have a very good case for claiming costs from these idiots!

I think the offence goes something like - 'endangering the safety of a commercial flight' which carries very heavy punishment worldwide; including a worldwide ban by all airlines on flying anywhere for a couple of years. Considering the traumatic effect their behavior would have caused to other passengers, who most certainly cannot escape, I would endorse even more radical punishment. With the increased incidence of terrorist attacks around the world the last thing we need is idiots like these on a plane to terrify innocent passengers.

To try and cut a long story short it has a lot to do with isolationism. They are fed a daily dose of Hollywood heroics and all think they are super studs going off to some place where everyone should rightly bow down to them.

Also I cannot understand the thinking of any person who commits wanton violence against another. I have had my share of kinghits and blindsides in my life and they hurt like hell. I am damn sure that I would not want to inflict that same pain on someone else.

All I can think is that they have never been hit before and if they have then they must have some sort of sadomasicist thing going on..

Of course an empty head helps.

Add to that the fact that so many people worship the Connor McGregors' of the world. Armchair warriors all of them with no culture and no upbringing, just a Rex Mossop mentality.

I was in the Business Class lounge at SFO once. had a 10hr wait for my flight back. The girl working there warned me that I might not be allowed to board. I was just sitting there drinking copious amounts of Black....

Edited by NickJ

I think the offence goes something like - 'endangering the safety of a commercial flight' which carries very heavy punishment worldwide; including a worldwide ban by all airlines on flying anywhere for a couple of years. Considering the traumatic effect their behavior would have caused to other passengers, who most certainly cannot escape, I would endorse even more radical punishment. With the increased incidence of terrorist attacks around the world the last thing we need is idiots like these on a plane to terrify innocent passengers.

Banned from flying effective immediately.

Force them to use land and sea transport to get back to Sydney.

Should be a sobering experience and take up their holiday time.

If I were going to behave obnoxiously on a flight, I might choose some other airline than Jetstar.

On a good day Jetstar cabin crew can be quite pleasant but on a bad day (check their flight reviews if you don't believe me) they treat all their passengers, even the docile ones, like s***, and would have zero tolerance for people as stupid and as obnoxious as these guys. Wonder if the crew attitude might have been a contributing factor in the problem escalating.

The other question in my mind - most airlines have policies against bringing alcohol onboard so how come these guys got so drunk, if the airline is the one selling the stuff?

If I were going to behave obnoxiously on a flight, I might choose some other airline than Jetstar.

On a good day Jetstar cabin crew can be quite pleasant but on a bad day (check their flight reviews if you don't believe me) they treat all their passengers, even the docile ones, like s***, and would have zero tolerance for people as stupid and as obnoxious as these guys. Wonder if the crew attitude might have been a contributing factor in the problem escalating.

The other question in my mind - most airlines have policies against bringing alcohol onboard so how come these guys got so drunk, if the airline is the one selling the stuff?

Some people drink too much BEFORE the flight.

Australian news reports 5.

Five men are in police custody in Bali after a Jetstar plane bound for Phuket was forced to land in Bali after a wild fight broke out between five passengers.

Bradley Beecham, Brett Eldridge, Michael Matthews, Mark Rossiter and Lynmin Waharai are all in airport police custody in Bali after the captain of flight JQ27 from Sydney diverted to hand the men over to police.

oh well that's 5 that aren't going to get drunk and obnoxious in Thailand.

Bloody Australians!

Bloody champions!

Five Drunken Aussie, in a brawl, no less, and they still had the time for a little breeding... To become six

Beat that y'all.

Banned from flying effective immediately.

Force them to use land and sea transport to get back to Sydney.

Should be a sobering experience and take up their holiday time.

They had their wish came true - a free holiday in Bali. Hope it is a long one...

What a pity they didn't landed in Singapore and by lunch time they would be sentenced already to at least a year in prison.

Don't be so sure - the Indonesians do not like drunks, especially fighting drunks. Personally, I would prefer Singapore as they speak English and are not religiously against alcohol.

At the end of the day, such losers might prefer to spend a year in jail so as to have bragging rights when they get back to Oz. Much better to hit them where it really hurts, in the wallet. How about 10,000 Aussie dollars each to get them to cool their jets? or more if they are rich low-life!

Some people drink too much BEFORE the flight.

Maybe, but I was on a Thai flight recently which had to divert because of a sick passenger -- and we diverted to Darwin, more than four hours after leaving Melbourne. Why did this flight divert to Bali and not to Darwin? Bali is quite a distance beyond Darwin. Maybe those guys did drink before the flight, but it seems like this is a situation that's worsened as the flight's gone on -- so that's my question, how has it escalated?

I think if you closer at the photo's and the names you might find that one of them maybe a K1-W1 if so he may just join the list for deportation, hope so any way they should all have passports cancelled and banned for life we do do not need sh/t like them here.