Soldiers visit northern residents over vote-no tees

webfact

Soldiers are to protect a countries boarders , police are there to up hold the law , pretty plain really , not so in Military run Thailand ,however it is indeed a pretty piss poor run country that you cannot wear the "T" shirt of your choice, it doesn't matter what people do so long as they are dressed properly and obey the law , seems that isn't good enough for a totalitarian Junta who must by now realize that international companies are looking else where and the one's in Thailand are starting to quietly piss themselves , with behaviour like this from the administration , I can understand why...................................coffee1.gif

For your information......

There are many countries in the world where the military have additional functions, like upholding the state, in whatever form.

And that is described in the base laws.

Thailand is one of those countries.

And police are there to uphold the law.

Ehhhhhh.

Really?

Maybe time to open your eyes, your mind maybe.

Not all countries are the same, not all people think the same.

Turkey, to name but one, is a (democracy?)

Where do you prefer to live?

Thailand or Turkey?

By the way, I come from The Netherlands.

Very democratic, yes?

However, all countries in Europe are in fact governed by an undemocratic, unchosen, autocratic bunch of bastards that do not give a d**mn about people but are only doing it for the power, the money, or a combination of the two.

I am getting fed up by figures moaning and ranting about politics in Thailand while imagining they come from a country steeped in democracy.

There are many forms of democracy, and voting once every 4-6 years on figures that promise you the world and then do the opposite is no democracy, at all.

SE Asia is very different, don't try to push your ideas into here.

Not needed, at all.

I do agree a coup is not very nice.

But just imagine what the alternative might have been.

why people there had worn “Vote No” T-shirts as seen in the photo.

Seems a bit of a silly question IMO. I would think they didn't agree with the draft charter and didn't think it should pass the referendum. Is there another explanation?

That's how I read it, so I assume they figure people in power in the government should be 'elected' and 'not appointed'?

But I'm still not super clear...

^^

Go on... What might the alternative have been?

Generally when they say that it means people that they don't approve of winning the election.

Which they take as proof conclusive that the people of Thailand are not ready for / don't understand / don't want or can't manage democracy.

They fortunately know better, and can see the benefits an unelected imposed junta bring to the foolish people who left to their own devices would select the wrong sort of people.

It used to be known as "the white mans burden"!

biggrin.png

Edited by JAG