PTT to open 20 EV-charging stations next year

webfact

PTT to open 20 EV-charging stations next year

BANGKOK, 22 July 2016 (NNT) - PTT is accelerating negotiations with European and Japanese carmakers to construct 20 more charging stations for electric cars in 2017.

Under the concept of an electrification strategy which is gaining momentum, the electric energy is one of the many solutions which have a potential to provide answers to mobility in the context of global warming concerns.

PTT currently has four Electric Vehicle charging stations and can serve three EVs simultaneously with the following charge types: a DC Quick Charge achieved in 30 minutes, an AC Normal Charge in three hours and a Normal Charge in eight hours.

Given infrastructure and technical development, Thailand could be in the forefront of "green" technology and become a regional leader in the field of EVs.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-22 footer_n.gif

Don't forget that generating electricity also has global warming issues,not to mention the construction and disposal of the batteries, as well as the large loss on distribution of electricity. I would like to see some real numbers. Forget the rubbish about so many tonnes of carbon for the household stuff.

If you ask me all this is all over rated and appeals to the global warming crap that is currently in vogue.

In many of PTT's service stations, there's already very little space to park and shop at the store, so Electric cars stationary for an hour is not going to help.

And I presume that the PTT charging stations will not be free, unlike the Tesla ones?

the temperature is off 2 standard deviations in SE Asia. yeah, right, "global warming is crap".. blah blah blah.... while your at it why not hail Kim Jung Un, the Great Leader? keep repeating your mantra while we add a 15th month to the 14 months in a row that were the hottest ever recorded since 1880. 14 in a row... it's easier to score 14 grand slams in a single inning against the Yankees... in the Bronx.... than to have a 14 month record like we have right now. 2 degrees takes us back to the Pliocene, that's how stable the temperature ****was**** and ****that**** was a miracle.... not the stuff with two eyes and 4 limbs that can out of the Cambrian... and then by random luck eventually spermed out the Chomskian Snowflake a mere 50,000 years ago..... the Pliocene was 3 ***million*** years ago.... dude.

Edited by maewang99

Yeah, be the third in the line and wait 1h30min for your quick charge. Pass.

charging stations are booked by an app on your smart phone. you book and pay for an allotted time space and the fee is deducted from your credit card. 30 minutes to have a coffee use the wifi included, toilet stop and you are on your way.

They could also glue a big solarpanel on the the car and park on the roof of a mall. Or just park on their driveway in full sun.

On internet are plenty movies about boats who drive pure on solarpower at a good speed. Why have i never seen that in Thailand? Thailand has superstrong sun every day again but they do absolutely nothing with it.

Germany has loads and loads of solarpanels these days but they only need more sunshine.

But also for green aircon-gases to fill the system, nobody uses them in Thailand because the gas is very expensive. Well very expensive, it costs about 5000 baht to refill my big aircon with that gas.

High temperatures reduce efficiency in solar panels. They do work here, but not as well as on cooler climates…

Oh i see, didn't know that.

But there are more ways to get energy out of the sun, in spain they have a huge parabolic mirrorsystem for that.

There is sooo much sunpower in Thailand that it's a real shame it's not being used.