You've been charging your smartphone wrong

stander

Yes, we know. Our smartphone batteries are bad because they barely last a day.

But it's partially our fault because we've been charging them wrong this whole time.

Many of us have an ingrained notion that charging our smartphones in small bursts will cause long-term damage to their batteries, and that it's better to charge them when they're close to dead.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-best-way-to-charge-your-iphone-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

The report is correct and well written.

Not new for me as I have read the similar hints for other use of Li-Ion batteries like in notebooks/laptops.

Both empty and fully charged are bad for the lifetime.

Fully charged might be surprising for those who use a laptop stationary at home and keep it connected to the AC adapter.

all I do with the phones, is to activate the bluetooth and wifi, leaving them on, which means the battery is always being exercised. Overnight, the batteries usually become quite depleted, such that by the next evening, it is time again for a night of charging.

for the laptop, I never daily turn it completely off, but instead regularly use the Sleep mode, which itself continues a slow drain over night, meaning a good night charging on alternative nights

Ive heard the opposite, dont let your smart phone fall below 20% otherwise battery life will suck wiithin a year if you fast charge it

I get a new hi-so phone (my thai gf calls my phone that) every 2 years so i dont worry about it too much