Changing Jobs Without Changing Visa?

I'm thinking about changing jobs when my current contract is up and I am wondering if it is possible to do so without having to get a new visa?

Basically, here is my situation:

I got a type B visa in Penang in February 2004. I was supposed to get a TL and WP and an extension, but, as I hadn't finished a TEFL course, could not extend the type B visa. However, I had sold some assets back in the states and had over 200,000 baht in a Thai bank and so was able to convert the type B to a type O "Thai Wife", one year visa.

By the following year the "Thai Wife" visa requirment had risen to 400K baht and I could not extend the type O on that basis. Fortunately, I now had a WP and employment contract showing a 40K per month income and was granted a one year extension with those. This extension was not stamped "Thai Wife", like the previous year's extension, but the name of the company I worked for was hand written in (in Thai).

This year's extension is the same.

SO... here is my question: do I have a marriage visa that has been extended based on income or a business visa?

If I have a marriage visa, do I lose it if I leave my current job?

I'm thinking about changing jobs when my current contract is up and I am wondering if it is possible to do so without having to get a new visa?

Basically, here is my situation:

I got a type B visa in Penang in February 2004. I was supposed to get a TL and WP and an extension, but, as I hadn't finished a TEFL course, could not extend the type B visa. However, I had sold some assets back in the states and had over 200,000 baht in a Thai bank and so was able to convert the type B to a type O "Thai Wife", one year visa.

By the following year the "Thai Wife" visa requirment had risen to 400K baht and I could not extend the type O on that basis. Fortunately, I now had a WP and employment contract showing a 40K per month income and was granted a one year extension with those. This extension was not stamped "Thai Wife", like the previous year's extension, but the name of the company I worked for was hand written in (in Thai).

This year's extension is the same.

SO... here is my question: do I have a marriage visa that has been extended based on income or a business visa?

If I have a marriage visa, do I lose it if I leave my current job?

Marriage visa.

It is not tied to your job, except for the income, when you renew the extension of stay permit based on marriage. You can have 400K in the bank as well ( you were grandfather) before Oct 1st 2006.

You will not have your visa cancel if you leave the job.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com