Mother apologizes for hitting Thai/Aussie child, 4, black and blue

webfact

time for that father to step up and be a man

Maybe is or has supported his kid and probably even applied get custody, but this is Thailand where the mother, her family and the authorities want to see the colour of the money, lots of it. The child would be used as a bargaining tool and when they have bled the father dry, they would refuse.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She works as a bar lady in Soi Reggae, Chaweng, Samui.

Just about to say that she sounds like a typical uneducated ho from isaan....theyre not fit to be mothers....they just want a luk kreung baby as its a cute talking point/face thing with their friends and family.

I feel so sorry for this poor baby girl...in australia she'd have a chance....i hope she does not end up in a bar some day.

Hitting your kid with a stick or coat hanger is pretty common in most of all of Thailand. You could jail most people in this nation for doing it at some point in time.There has never been any leadership in this nation. TV could have so much positive information about raising kids but there's only propaganda and soap operas (and music) about only love, love love. No meaning in anything mainstream. The media here just doesn't get it. You need to change the culture and that won't happen easily.

Not in my house it isn't.

My son will be 13 next week and neither my Thai wife or I have smacked him. There are always ways and means to chastise a child without being physical or violent.

All that it proves if you hit or smack your child is that you are bigger and stronger than they are.

Super parents or super behaved kid. Never ever a little spank? Were you around all the time?

Of course the Malaysian won't send money. After a while, he'll stop feeling pity for "another man's child".

yeah! this more how like the scandal will evolve - to take it away from a Thai losing anymore face

What I also mean is that men should avoid getting into situations they are not mature enough to handle.

get a vasectomy like most of us who don't want anymore kids and/or wear a condom but DO NOT abandon a poor child to this fate

Hitting your kid with a stick or coat hanger is pretty common in most of all of Thailand. You could jail most people in this nation for doing it at some point in time.There has never been any leadership in this nation. TV could have so much positive information about raising kids but there's only propaganda and soap operas (and music) about only love, love love. No meaning in anything mainstream. The media here just doesn't get it. You need to change the culture and that won't happen easily.

You forgot the nightly violence in the soaps.

Anyway, yes, jail. Then her money worries would be over. Perfect solution.

yep, jail with a daily beating - good solution.

Hitting a 4 year old girl. Mother may you burn in hell soon. For you are the devils wife.

what a life... poor, poor kid and what a scumbag the father

Do we know anything about the father? I guess he was very very drunk and this hideous creature raped him. personally, I'd run a milt too.

Just about to say that she sounds like a typical uneducated ho from isaan....theyre not fit to be mothers....they just want a luk kreung baby as its a cute talking point/face thing with their friends and family.

I feel so sorry for this poor baby girl...in australia she'd have a chance....i hope she does not end up in a bar some day.

How wonderfully superior and arrogant you seem to be. You have managed to condemn millions of women by your thoughtless statement.

How many women do YOU personally know from Issan who have children?

My son will be 13 next week and neither my Thai wife or I have smacked him. There are always ways and means to chastise a child without being physical or violent.

All that it proves if you hit or smack your child is that you are bigger and stronger than they are.

Super parents or super behaved kid. Never ever a little spank? Were you around all the time?

Most of it. Were you around 24/7 with your family?

Pretty much yes. I took all 4 of them to school and picked all 4 of them up from school for over 20 years.

For some reason, I thought you were an offshore oil worker or in the navy or something.

Respect though if you never once spanked your son, you must be a saint!

Edited by Johnniey

Pretty much yes. I took all 4 of them to school and picked all 4 of them up from school for over 20 years.

For some reason, I thought you were an offshore oil worker or in the navy or something.

Well I am 72 and have learned to be patient over the years and he is my son from my second marriage. I smacked my first one about 3 times until he was 13 and started working offshore.

I do snarl at my son sometimes and there have been days when I thought I should go to the hospital with teeth marks on my tongue but overall he is a pretty good son.

He goes to school 65 km away on the school minibus. I am up at 04.30 to get me sorted out and I wake him at 05.20 for him to get washed and dressed etc and ready for the school bus at 05.40. His Mum used to get up and do his breakfast but he decided that he would have that at school so she gets to lie in. He does his homework at lunchtime and any left over he does at home

He generally arrives back home at 18.00 and eats his dinner. He then plays on the pc for a while then has a shower and is usually in bed Sunday to Thursday nights by 20.45.

He is not a bad kid when he is well scrubbed. I only speak English to him and his friends when they come around and his Mum only speaks Thai to him.

Well I am 72 and have learned to be patient over the years and he is my son from my second marriage. I smacked my first one about 3 times until he was 13 and started working offshore.

I do snarl at my son sometimes and there have been days when I thought I should go to the hospital with teeth marks on my tongue but overall he is a pretty good son.

He goes to school 65 km away on the school minibus. I am up at 04.30 to get me sorted out and I wake him at 05.20 for him to get washed and dressed etc and ready for the school bus at 05.40. His Mum used to get up and do his breakfast but he decided that he would have that at school so she gets to lie in. He does his homework at lunchtime and any left over he does at home

He generally arrives back home at 18.00 and eats his dinner. He then plays on the pc for a while then has a shower and is usually in bed Sunday to Thursday nights by 20.45.

He is not a bad kid when he is well scrubbed. I only speak English to him and his friends when they come around and his Mum only speaks Thai to him.

As it should be - only talk to your kids in your native tongue and the mother in hers. It is the optimal way for a bilingual child.

I've only hit my kids about 5 times and just a spank on the arse when they were out of order, or in a dangerous situation like running out onto the road. My wife, on the other hand hit them all with a stick. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Must be nice to be retired and be able to spend lots of time with your son, I'm sure it will benefit him a lot.

Jesus Christ, so she is stressed and decides to beat up a 4 year old, this is a person that should not be in contact with children unsupervised

Smedly, you have it 100% right,

Having suffered a similar history as a child, you are right, Unfortunately in many a child's mind better the devil you know and will in time ask to go back with the parent as public homes and foster parents can be even more evil...I've been there.

Even a child can read when an adult is becoming angry enraged and wishes to take it out on others., often they ( the child )will submit and try to pacify the adult as much as they can until the breaking point and there is there beatings, and then the I'm sorry . I'm sorry that follows every time, and then next week and next...

Jesus Christ, so she is stressed and decides to beat up a 4 year old, this is a person that should not be in contact with children unsupervised

Smedly, you have it 100% right,

Having suffered a similar history as a child, you are right, Unfortunately in many a child's mind better the devil you know and will in time ask to go back with the parent as public homes and foster parents can be even more evil...I've been there.

Even a child can read when an adult is becoming angry enraged and wishes to take it out on others., often they ( the child )will submit and try to pacify the adult as much as they can until the breaking point and there is there beatings, and then the I'm sorry . I'm sorry that follows every time, and then next week and next...

It's not entirely the woman's fault, she was probably beaten the same way as a child. it takes a lot to break the vicious cycle.

Whats with the off topic bash on offshore workers and those in the navy or military for that matter? Funnily enough some of us weren't already retired when we decided to have children and your occupation has never been an indication of your parental ability. Clown

Edited by starky

Notice how often the act of apology is mentioned in situations involving violence and generally very bad behaviour? Does that indicate a culture where people are subliminally less inhibited to do wrong, knowing that an apology will carry so much weight (in a culture where saving face is alleged to be so important)? Once I'd been here long enough to truly begin to understand Thailand, one of my first observations was that the extreme importance of "face saving" is one of the biggest obstacles in development and advancement.

Japan?

In the U.S., the police would have arrested and charged her with felony assault, Family Services would have taken the child and placed her with a foster family. But, IF the reporting is correct, I was surprised and heartened that there exists something called Family Services and that they intervened. I have been in Thailand for five years and read countless posts about children getting mistreated and I do not remember every reading about any intervention or that the structure existed to do something. Hope it is true.

Hitting a 4 year old girl. Mother may you burn in hell soon. For you are the devils wife.

disgusting how can the Australian government sit back and allow this to happen to an Australian child.

Is it possible the Aussie father doesn't know yet? Certainly if he hasn't notified anyone they wouldn't know and what exactly would you expect the Australian government to do? send in the Feds? The troops? Maybe the embassy could send a formal acknowledgement showing their displeasure. Honestly even if she is half Aussie if dad hasn't followed through she might not even have her citizenship by descent authenticated yet, that in itself is a bit of a process as I've just been through it with my 2 young daughters. Anyone that has kids here knows if push came to shove you would be fighting an uphill battle in a Thai court to win sole custody. Even if you are named on the birth certificate. I'm an Aussie and I am not sure what if anything my government would do. Granted this shiela is a lowlife piece of shit but what would you suggest a foreign government could do to a Thai mother with a half Thai child in Thailand?

Edited by starky

Prostitute is a bad mother ....... who would have guessed that?

I've had this discussion with my feminist English sister in law. When you come from a wealthy society, you haver a considerable number of choices. When you are less fortunate, less educated and the choice is working for a pittance or selling yourslef, particularly when you have mouths to feed, the choice isn't so clean cut.