Non O extension based on marriage. Did it today. All the updates here.

Ok so I decided the "suicide" mission and go on Monday.

Arrived 8.10am. There was already about 100-150 queue behind the door snaking around lobby.

8.30am doors open and there was that 100-150 people before me. I went straight to queue number lane and there was one foreigner before me and he had only passport and almost blank TM7. His tactic most likely was to get the queue number and then do everything while waiting. Did not work. Queue lady asked "where is copy of your passport page". Well the guy did not have it and he did not get the queue number. All he said was "<deleted>"... He probably lost 1-2 hours with that mistake.

Queue lady asked me questions like where I work (Well I don't work anywhere) and asked what I am doing here because my last extension was at Samuprakan. Well I said I moved to Bangkok. She gave me 2 queue numbers. I asked why. She said go and change your address first. Well I've done it already 5 months ago. Well I got queue number 48. This was like 8:40am. The number was 6 that time. 42 people before me even I was there 20 minutes before opening time... Nice :D.

1,5 hours wait and I was well prepared. Had the TM32, TM28 originals and copies (they wanted both). She interviewed me in Thai but with my bad Thai language skills I was able to say that I don't have many Thai friends and my Thai is bad. She asked how long I've been here. Had to sign and do some forms I've never done before. Write about my social media accounts, car registration numbers. where I usually hang out. They took photos. Asked from my wife about her and my family. How many sisters/brothers/name of parents/where from etc.Thing was finished in 45 minutes. Now the passport is stamped under consideration until 22nd of next month.

Got out from immigration 10:50.

One change form Samutprakan days is that in CW you don't need 2 copies of everything. Just all originals and 1 copy. So next year I will make only one TM7.

Overall feel was that CW is much more tougher and tighter place. Many additional things were asked what never happened in Samutprakarn. My advice is that prepare yourself for everything. Take every single document from your house so you won't regret if they ask. They asked some document from 2007 which we luckily had.

• Like 1

Good to be prepared. thumbsup.gif

We visit our Immigration office about 1 month in advance of annual extension, get the check list and touch base with the I/O we usually deal with to ask her if there are any new things (crack downs, etc) to be aware of.

Very good advice!!! I tried to change from Retired to Spouse in April 2016 and supplied everything from the internet and advice by another TVF member who had just done it himself. It turned out that my local immigration office uses a different interpretation of the bible from that used in his local office. Net result is they considered my paperwork incomplete (example they wanted colour photos not A4 Hi-res. B&W) etc, etc, etc and simply but helpfully renewed me on Retired again, so I did not have to go back again. Ultimately I will have to change but it was only desirable this year whereas in 2017 it may be necessary. They (sensibly) advised me to visit 1-2 months before I need to actually renew/change my extension-of-stay status in 2017 and get an exact checklist from them which I would then follow. As every branch has it's own little wrinkles in how they do this, I suggest everyone follows this plan, regardless of where you live, otherwise you will probably think you have done what they want, following good advice offered in good faith, including advice from TVF, based on another office, or even based on the same office but now out-of date. You then might simply and waste a day and possibly a long drive and risk opening your mouth and saying something you regret in frustration. I was careful not to!!!! I had to hurt my face smiling and being polite.

Edited by The Deerhunter

At CW, if you do it there as I have said several times there are shortcuts you can use..

As I've pointed out before most if not all of the paperwork can be done in CW BEFORE you get a queue number.

First of all copies can be done down on the fist floor, and pictures are taken at the same place, and one of the girls will fill out the form for you for a 30 Bhat fee.

If you need a bank letter, you can get one at the bank office there on the first floor printed on a form letter in less than 15 minutes .

Just show them your bank passbook and your passport as I.D..

Now take all your completed paperwork and passport upstairs to th immigration,

Walk right past all the crowd milling about and go straight to get your queue number.

All your paperwork is properly completed, so it won't take long to get your queue number.

Now see how fast the applications are being processed, if it looks like you have some time to wait for your number to be called, you can always exit back to the first floor again and get a cup of Coffee and maybe some doughnuts to.

When you think it's time, go back upstairs and continue the process.

no need to hurry, they will call your number soon.