Any experience AA Insurance brokers for scooter?

cerox

Hello guys,

I read a few topics about first class insurance for motorcycles here. Somewhere AA Insurance and Axa were mentioned. For Axa I can't find any motorcycle insurance on their website for Thailand.

AA Insurance offered a first class policy for around 4100 THB which would be for a new Honda Click. Theft is insured about 45k, Third Party max. 500k, per accident max. 1 Million THB, Bail Bond 300k, 50k maximum for the driver - this seems a little bit low or is that normal that the driver himself does not get insured? I'm asking because 50k is a sum it's not really worth to insure at all.

My questions are what kind of insurance do you recommend (is it allowed to recommend here based on good experience? Because I almost never found somebody mentioning a specific insurance here) and if somebody has experience with AA INsurance - are they good or is it a scam / do they pay etc.?

AA is a brooker not an insurance company. when making a claim or reporting an accident you should deal direct with the insurance company that issued the insurance policy. Though sometimes the brooker can help with situations that become difficult.

a friend a few months back had an accident with his car, 100% his fault. He should have rang the insurance company straight away, but thought he had to contact AA. It was a long weekend so the AA office was closed and he didn't report it til Tuesday, 3 days later. Again 100% his fault. Of course the insurance company thought something fishy was going on, and kept asking question which peeved my mate off. AA sorted it out for him.

in the end it is up to the individual to make sure they get insurance that adequately covers the things they want, but of course insurance policies are notorious for small print! bah.gif

I need to get 1st class insurance for my Ninja in the next week or two, so i will see how i go with AA.

Hello Mark,

may I ask what happened and what they refused to pay?

I had to make an health insurance claim I posted about it at the time but suffice to say I was not impressed with AA and I would never use them again nor would I recommend them to friends and family...

Hello Mark,

I had to make an health insurance claim I posted about it at the time but suffice to say I was not impressed with AA and I would never use them again nor would I recommend them to friends and family...

I don't see what that has to do with AA. Any problem you had with the claim was surely between you and the insurance company.

Hello Mark,

I don't see what that has to do with AA. Any problem you had with the claim was surely between you and the insurance company.

Question in the OP was has anybody had any experience with aa,true it was not in relation to a scooter but I have used them and gave my opinion...

You don't have to like it or indeed agree with it, it is still however my opinion....

Hi cerox--AA health insurance has had some bad writes ups on here which you can look up---I do not have any experience with them, but with my cars after getting the first year free from maker---wife asked around & one of the most important things for transport insurance is the number of agents on the road, because unless you have a cam camera fitted to your helmet, it isn't advisable to move once you have had the accident, until the agent gets there assess it etc. So up Issan way we went with LMG....and yes the wife has had numerous accidents, most of the time she has been in the right, the odd time she had to move the car, the other driver (motor bike taking on the inside while she had indicated she was turning left ) came out with a completely different story about how she indicated to go right then change her mind last moment----it didn't matter all our cars have cam cameras in them, to show this was not so, but the agents for each accident were there within15 minutes, also good if you end up at the police station after an accident----they may try to get money from you, just say I am fully covered --ask the agent for whatever money is needed.

Hello Mark,

Question in the OP was has anybody had any experience with aa,true it was not in relation to a scooter but I have used them and gave my opinion...

You don't have to like it or indeed agree with it, it is still however my opinion....

AA has been very good, no problems and have 3 bikes insured through them - recommend

Archived