Non-Imm O 90 days due border run

Why would you leave the country just because your 90 days using a Non O will expire?? It is a lot easier and cheaper to just extend the Non O for another year if based on marriage, work, or retirement while in the country.

Leaving will only make a hassle and a sh_tload of paperwork if you plan to get another Non O.

Why would you leave the country just because your 90 days using a Non O will expire?? It is a lot easier and cheaper to just extend the Non O for another year if based on marriage, work, or retirement while in the country.

Leaving will only make a hassle and a sh_tload of paperwork if you plan to get another Non O.

Why would leaving to get another 90 day entry effect applying for an extension of that entry? FYI visas are not extended only a permit to stay can be extended.

i got my last 1 year non O while i was in nz. went to jomtien immigration 90 days after i got back to thailand. they said i needed to do a boarder run so i did and had to pay the 1 day overstay. not a big deal but no idea why i could not do 90 reporting at immigration in jomtien. was about 4 weeks ago.

non 'o' visa gives you 90 days on each entry, no need for a 90 day report, as your permission to stay expires,

a year extension for retirement reasons can be obtained. A yearly or 60 day extension can also be obtained to support/visit Thai wife

i got my last 1 year non O while i was in nz. went to jomtien immigration 90 days after i got back to thailand. they said i needed to do a boarder run so i did and had to pay the 1 day overstay. not a big deal but no idea why i could not do 90 reporting at immigration in jomtien. was about 4 weeks ago.

If you have a multiple entry non 'O' visa it only permits you to stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days. At the end of the 90 days you need to leave the country or apply for an extension of stay. 90 day reporting is only required be someone staying in the country more than 90 consecutive days. As you can't stay more than 90 days (without an extension) you don't need to (can't) report

If you want to stay in Thailand without needing to exit every 90 days you need to apply for a 1 year extension of stay.

There is far less paperwork required in getting a non 'O' visa than a 1 year extension of stay. And you are assuming that they can meet the financial requirements for an extension, which not everyone can.