Thai Cabinet endorses new segments of Red Line electric train project

webfact

So you think the military designed the roads in Bangkok so they can take over it on purpose and with ease? and that the previous government which I'm guessing you are referring to Thaksin / Yingluck are the ones helping the poor. The poor in rural areas could have roads, water, and what not if it were not for rampant corruption. Thats the fact.

Do you know how the tax system works? do you think the low income pay tax?...silly statement to say tax Bangkok not the whole nation.

The people who fill the nation's factories are rural people. You should know this. And those people serving tourists and expats aren't rich city people. The working people make things run.

As for the roads, many of Thailand's roads were laid out in a way to protect the nation. The problem is the people protecting the nation are also using them to protect their personal political groups. Only two real roads to southern Esarn? Why? Only one main road in from Ayuttaya? Why? Try turning on a side street and see where that takes you. Everything is easily shut down by tanks and soldiers here. If there were more and better planning for traffic flow, there wouldn't be these massive traffic jams every holiday with everyone using the same routes to get out of the city.

all I have to say is that you are delusional in thinking roads are built two lanes because its easy for the army to take over...guess that applies to mooban and condos as well....all these developers are tyrants ready to seize these properties in the future?

Did you think the army built the roads in the north as well a red stronghold? lol

Didn't know one can turn a BTS thread political

I'm not saying there is an evil genius behind it. It's perfectly logical and probably goes back to the whole reason Bangkok is where it is, the threat from the Burmese. The communism of the 60s and 70s also has had some influences. There were real threats out there. The military always has coups in this country and they know exactly where to park their soldiers and tanks when they do. Ask any long term member here and they will tell you the spots they park. There should be more sideroads on the route into Bangkok but they don't exists. I mean in places like Prathumthani. It's extremely hard to go into BKK without taking the main road or a few other roads. If you are stuck in traffic on a main road its almost impossible to take a side street and get to another main road easily. Locking down and controlling what comes into BKK is easy as ever if they want to do it. If they opened up and built more connecting roads the traffic wouldn't all have to flow through the same congested channels. The design and the way it is kept fails drivers. That's all I am saying. I personally believe it is partly political/coup related. Others might just call it out as simply as stupid design. Another aspect of the politics of this is that the regime in power is spending billions and billions on Bangkok when it is totally unelected and crushing voices of opposition.

555555555 blaming he military for modern town planning, what a joke. Nearly every subdivision in western countries built in the last 50 years is designed with limited access points to stop rat-running and keep the through traffic on the main roads.

The rest of the nation is definitely improving from what ive seen...

Now i see seven elevens popping up in the little isarn villages and lots of new malls, construction projects, new condos housing etc.

Its happening but dont forget this...

The only reason its happening is because people (the general public) in those areas now have money to spend on shopping, tesco, macro, seven elevens.

There is no point in building something if the general public have no money to spend there.

I was pleasantly suprised when i took a trip to Nakhon phanom and Ubon last month

But if you check the land prices have soared from 50,000 a rai to now 500,000 a rai in some areas of nakhaon Phanom, maybe not so great afterall?