Thai Lady Murdered In Jomtien

Pattayatony

yet another tale of a falang going off the rails in thailand with disastrous results for some innocent victim.

the animal has no excuse for his actions and will in all probability get a life sentence.

how he will be treated in gaol when it is known that he tied up , stabbed and hammered a thai woman to death whilst attempting anal intercourse with her is not worth thinking about.

is there something in the water in pattaya that results in so many falangs going off the rails ?

hardly a day seems to go by without a picture of some numpty falang sitting with a sorrowful and regretful look on their ugly - (and they are uniformly the most ugly of falangs , possibly some genetic link between that particular kind of ugliness and stupidity ?)- faces , surrounded by grinning policemen and often an aggrieved and angry looking miniskirted woman.

thankfully most of the cases are of a trivial nature , providing no end of amusement and mirth to both the police and to other falangs

unfortunately , every now and again , a gruesome murder comes along , followed by the inevitable capture a few days later.

i hope the local news follow this case and let us know what happens to this man , who in a couple of moments of madness , has taken one life and ruined his own.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This excerpt taken from the report

"When asked yesterday if he was aware of what he had done, Mr Leahy replied: "Yes, and I am so sorry. You should have known what happened the night before.

"My girl and I had a discussion . . ." he continued, before being stopped by police."

Well it would be nice for the full story to get out. Can't see it changing too much, but it certainly is NOT being fully said or being allowed to be said, so far??

I think that there is still a lot more of this story yet to emerge. It seems unlikely that she was murdered for turning down an alternative bedroom activity as the 'Pattaya City News' report suggests.

The Thai newspapers suggest that the woman was Denis Leahy's jhig and that she was known to his wife. It might well be a crime passionnel.

21_11_3_3.jpg21_11_3_5.jpg

Irish suspect caught in Petrol Station after Sunday's Jomtien Murder case

An update now on the story we featured on yesterday’s show regarding the murder case from Jomtien where the prime suspect was an Irish National, Mr. Denis Anthony Leany.

We joined Police at the Petronas Petrol Station in Central Pattaya on the Sukumvit Road after they received a call from a private hire car driver; Khun Komsan aged 25 who thought that he had just picked up the suspect from Jomtien who wanted the driver to take him to the Cambodian Border.

The foreign man quickly fell asleep in the back seat and the driver spotted injuries to his arms and recognized his face from the news he saw earlier in the day on TV. He called the Police and arranged to meet them at the Petrol Station where the man was arrested and identified as Mr. Leany.

He was taken back to Pattaya Police station and was initially interrogated by Police Major General Rapipat, the Deputy Commander of Region 2 Police under the guidance of a Thai Lawyer.

Initial findings from the interview suggested that the argument between Mr. Leany and the victim, Khun Bupha related to a rejection by the victim to engage in sexual intercourse with the accused.

The argument escalated from there; however Lawyers advised Mr. Leany to refrain from confessing to the murder at this point and suggested that the case should be heard in a court of law.

He will now be placed on remand pending an initial court hearing into this murder case.

- PCN

Edited by sriracha john

SOURCE: IRISH INDEPENDENT 22-11-06

Man could face death penalty in Thai case, say police

AN Irishman charged with the murder of a young prostitute in Thailand is likely to face the death penalty if convicted.

Police sources in Pattaya have confirmed that it is "very probable" that they will request the death penalty in the case of Denis Leahy, a 40-year-old former taxi driver from Dublin.

"The act was very cruel and he tried to escape. This makes it difficult to defend him," the source said.

Mr Leahy will come before a judge in Pattaya today and is expected to be remanded on custody to Pattaya prison.

Help

He is charged with the murder of Bupha Thanychiangphin, a 24-year-old prostitute. Ms Thanychiangphin's naked body was found in Mr Leahy's apartment on Sunday. She had been stabbed 22 times in the back, chest and neck.

Yesterday, the events surrounding the murder were re-constructed. Pattaya police say that they are confident they have enough evidence to go to trial and claim that Mr Leahy has confessed to the crime.

The Dublin man has made two phonecalls to Ireland since he was arrested on Monday. It is understood that one of them was to a sister, requesting help to pay for a lawyer. He is also understood to have an adult daughter living in Dublin.

"He cannot afford a lawyer, but he needs to get some help," his German neighbour in Pattaya, Oliver Engel, said yesterday.

Dangerous

If he is remanded to Pattaya prison, as expected, Mr Leahy will be entering a building designed for 1,600 inmates which currently holds 2,500.

He will also be forced to wear a red ribbon on his arm, marking him out as a person the authorities consider dangerous.

His case is expected to come to trial within six months.

Ms Thanychiangphin's husband and parents indicated yesterday that they intend to sue Mr Leahy for compensation if he is convicted of her murder.

The case has been making headlines in Thailand and particularly in the Pattaya region, where some local bar girls admitted to being relieved that police had arrested a man over the gruesome murder.

A Thai kills a Farang and there are hundreds of posts on Thai visa..................

A Farang brutally murders a Thai and there is very little interest, it don't even make it to the General section of the forum.........

There have been more posts in the 'what country do you come from' thread. :o

A Thai kills a Farang and there are hundreds of posts on Thai visa..................

most of them directed at the time it takes , or the inability of the police to arrest the perpetrator.

A Farang brutally murders a Thai and there is very little interest,

he was arrested the next day , and admitted it , theres not a lot to say about it.

Crap reporting.

His nationality has gone from Finnish to Icelandic to Irish.

His name from Anthony to Leahy.

His age from 38 to 40.

From the time my G/F came running in to tell me the lady was being murdered to the time I reached the crime scene (3 Minutes) it changed from, British, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, German, Norway and Irish.

There were many mistakes in the news reports like the time I know the exact time because I was on my cell phone to Australia when I heard the screams and I thought someone had their T.V. turned up. Yes the security guards did run but in the oposite direction when they saw he had a knife. There is also a lot of other information which I won't put on a public forum because I didnt want to defame the murdered lady her family or the accused wife. So please let the law take the action and let the poor girl R.I.P.

Managment are now looking for a mew security company?????

:o

Police hunt for Irishman after Thai girl's murder

One newspaper summed up Pattaya's attraction to British criminals, saying: "In the 1980s, Spain's Costa del Sol was the destination of choice for many British criminals. Today, they head to Thailand, where the beaches are stunning, the women cheap and the police are bribable."

- Irish Independent (Ireland)

Ouch!!! That one's gonna raise some eyebrows at City Hall...coming from an outside news source.

2 outta 3 right anyway

A Farang brutally murders a Thai and there is very little interest, it don't even make it to the General section of the forum.........

And which do you think would get the most posts on a forum mainly frequented by Thais?

Crap reporting.

His nationality has gone from Finnish to Icelandic to Irish.

His name from Anthony to Leahy.

His age from 38 to 40.

This is easy to explain. When a bar girl asks where you are from, if you say you are from Ireland or are Irish, they think you have said Iceland.

SOURCE: IRISH INDEPENDENT

Irishman locked up after Thai court appearance

Ex-taxi driver denies brutal murder of bar girl

AN IRISHMAN charged with the murder of a young prostitute in Thailand last night spent his first night in Pattaya prison.

Denis Leahy (40), a former taxi driver from Dublin, appeared before a judge in Pattaya yesterday and was charged with the gruesome murder of Bupha Thanychiangphin, a 24-year-old bar girl.

Despite earlier claims from Pattaya police that Leahy had confessed to the crime, the Dublin man pleaded "not guilty". It is understood he has been in contact with family in Ireland in an attempt to source money for his legal defence. He is currently being represented by a local lawyer.

Ms Thanychiangphin's naked body was found in Leahy's apartment on Sunday. She had been stabbed 22 times in the back, chest and neck.

Yesterday, Leahy was remanded in custody to the prison, where he was forced to wear iron chains around his legs and wrists, and a red ribbon on his arm which marks him out as a potentially dangerous prisoner.

"The prison is very overcrowded despite being relatively new, and there may be concerns about his safety when the rest of the prisoners know that a farang (foreigner) has been charged with the murder of a Thai girl," a Pattaya police source said last night.

Leahy's case is due for mention in court in the next two weeks, but a date has not yet been set for the trial.

Meanwhile, army sources said yesterday Leahy had been in the Defence Forces here for three years. It is understood he played in the pipe band of the Fifth Battalion that was based at Collins Barracks between 1985 and 1988.

Leahy later worked as a taxi driver in Dublin, and was based at the Gresham Hotel rank in Dublin.

His father, Denis Snr, lives in Dublin's inner city but neighbours said yesterday he had left his apartment since he learned his son was charged with murder. Denis Leahy Jnr had lived with his father for some time after he became estranged from his Irish wife.

He later married a 28-year-old Thai woman, and had lived with her in Pattaya for the past two years.

he played in the pipe band of the Fifth Battalion

he may be forcibly required to play a few pink oboes and fleshy flutes over the next few years !

:o

Taxexile..Couldnt agree more, but the ones I feel for are The Girls Family and His Poor Old Dad..

Cant be fun having your family disgraced like this in a National newspaper..

dont think he will have much of an organ left.

i think he will be have a lot of problems.

i dont suppose they have segregation cells for prisoners at risk.

and yes , his family and the victims family will suffer too.

would be interesting to know how this murder came about , i'm sure his wife could throw some light on it all.

If he is remanded to Pattaya prison, as expected, Mr Leahy will be entering a building designed for 1,600 inmates which currently holds 2,500.

2,500 prisoners in Pattaya ? Shocking news. :o

LaoPo

2,500 prisoners in Pattaya ? Shocking news. :o

LaoPo

Where is Pattaya Prison ?

2,500 prisoners in Pattaya ? Shocking news. :D

LaoPo

Where is Pattaya Prison ?

Pattaya-Walking-street-front.jpg

Good one SJ....

Where's Warden Dave? :o

I don't see where this guy has been convicted yet (or have I missed a post?)

Personally I don't much like the look of him, but until he has been found guilty I would suggest that everyone is jumping to conclusions (and giving the guy labels that at present are not justified or warranted) TIT (or should it be 'FIT' "farangs in Thailand)

I don't see where this guy has been convicted yet (or have I missed a post?)

Personally I don't much like the look of him, but until he has been found guilty I would suggest that everyone is jumping to conclusions (and giving the guy labels that at present are not justified or warranted) TIT (or should it be 'FIT' "farangs in Thailand)

I agree, innocent until convicted; BUT

1. Shouts and screams from the apartment.

2. Flee of the accused.

3. Blood on his hands.

4. Wife arrives after discovery of body is made.

5. Escape attempt to Cambodia by accused.

6. Initial admission of guilt, and saying "sorry".

7. Accused blaming steroid drugs.

8. Shaven-headed obese social misfit who looks like a psychopath and acts like one. (citation pending).

'I say Christie done it' won't wash in this case.

john b good, stop reading the Manchester Guardian, wearing a woolly 'bennie' hat, supping on mueseli and knitting organic yoghurt and be a realist.

Edited by libya 115