Where to buy vitamins and supplements

emgthailand

On 31/10/2016 at 1:54 AM, emgthailand said:

I already know most of the foods that are high in magnesium, this is not some new revelation you're trying to provide me. Leafy greens, nuts, coconut water (which is obviously prevalent here, but also very high in potassium for anyone concerned with that), sweet potato, etc, this is nothing new. Blood magnesium tests don't tell the full story so they're basically useless.  You can believe what you want to believe about vitamins and supplements.  Chelated magnesium is highly bioavailable, especially in comparison to magnesium oxide (what's sold in most stores in the US, for example).  I know what works for me. So you can attempt to lecture me because you think you know ohhh so much better than I do, or you can accept that what you have is an opinion and is not fact, and move on.

What medical condition do you have that requires the suppliments? 

If it's not a medical condition why do you have such specific needs?

I am not having a go at you I am just curious and willing to learn. 

don't trust pills, prefer fresh fruits and vegetables

Great to get as much as you can from food but optimal levels are not possible with today's produce and the way it's grown . IHerb has been a game changer and the cheap blood work one can get here to monitor and make adjustments in dosing make things really helpful .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 8:10 AM, Saastrajaa said:

Of course you don't care, because you don't care about science, you've bought into the many common stupid Western superstitions about vitamins, thinking that coefficients in necessary biological processes in your body which are in fact needed in tiny amounts must somehow must be consumed in mega-quantities.  

Okay, like others have said, if you feel a burning desire to produce expensive urine in Thailand (because that's where all your super-doses of vitamins will go--right out in your urine), then stock up in farangland before you come.  You'll spend less for your needlessly expensive urine in farangland than you will in Thailand.

Absolute correct all multivitamins is no good for you, in best case just harmful

28 minutes ago, evilebxxx said:

Absolute correct all multivitamins is no good for you, in best case just harmful

If you drink alcohol............

Alcohol consumption is by far the greatest concern because alcohol destroys/flushes out/renders useless the following vitamins and minerals: – Vitamin B1, B3, B6, B12, Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium and Calcium to name but a few, as well as Omega 6. So anyone who drinks more than, say two units per day, runs the risk of, in essence, being vitamin deficient in those mentioned above.

And as for a ''balanced diet''................

Even if one looks locally, despite what is available in the supermarkets, a lot of the produce comes from China, for example, dragon fruit, apples, onions, tomatoes, garlic and various vegetables, and there is absolutely no restriction on what chemicals or sprays are used before they come into the country. In fact a recent report showed that Chinese garlic imported into Thailand was almost toxic because of the amount of spray which was used on it.

So the notion of eating locally and thereby getting a balanced diet has to be looked at very cautiously, also remembering that there are few restrictions in Thailand as to what can be sprayed on fruit and vegetables.

Eating meat...........

The farming industry is one of the biggest users of antibiotics throughout the Western world and these are fed to animals to fatten them up, not necessarily to fight disease, because the animals seem to get fatter when fed these antibiotics, not to mention the inclusion of steroids and other chemicals designed to increase weight and thereby increase profit for the farmers.

What follows is alarming…………….”currently, the following antibiotics are used in livestock and poultry feed: chlortetracycline, procaine penicillin, oxytetracycline, tylosin, bacitracin, neomycin sulfate, streptomycin, erythromycin, linomycin, oleandomycin, virginamycin, and bambermycins. In addition to these antibiotics, which are of microbial origin, there are other chemically synthesized antimicrobial agents that are also sometimes used in animal feeds. These include three major classes of compounds: arsenical, nito-furan, and sulfa compounds. Arsenical compounds include arsanilic acid, 3-nitro-4-hydroxy phenylarsonic acid, and sodium arsanilate; nitro-furan compounds include furazolidone and nitro-furazone; sulfamethazine, sulfathiazole, and sulfaquinoxaline. Other chemicals are also used as antiprotozoal agents to prevent coccidiosis and histomaniasis in chickens and turkeys. Antibiotics are used regularly in animal feed at a rate of 2 to 50 grams per ton for improved performance in the animals. The reasons include a more efficient conversion of feed to animal products, an increased growth rate and a lower morbidity/mortality rate in general. The levels of antibiotics are often increased to 50-200 grams/ton or more when specific diseases are being targeted as when the spread of a particular disease is rampant. The levels are also increased in times of stress. This increased amount is often decreased when the threat of a disease is gone".

So in light of the above and this http://www.news-medical.net/news/20160603/New-dietary-supplement-can-prevent-reverse-massive-brain-cell-loss.aspx 

I will continue to take supplements.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2016 at 9:50 AM, Rob13 said:

Taking supplements iisn't stupid,, you're doing something for your health and if you're a heavy drinker /smoker and eat an unhealthy diet, it's  a smart thing to do.. I was spending a bunch of moneyt every month on them. I had a cardio rehab doctor explain  the targeted diet vs supplements choice and it hit home . Taking supplements is a bit like waking up and drinking a bunch of water and not drinking any the rest of the day. Most of it gets pissed out and you're going to have a deficiency later on in the day. The targeted diet does a better job of keeping a sustained level of  vitamins/minerals through ouit the day which is what the body really needs. Comes down to lifestyle really.

To each his own though.

In an ideal world, we would have time to shop for and graze  on nutritionally dense foods all the time.... 

In reality things get  hectic and it your diet is less than stellar, it doesn't hurt to take a multivitamin once a day or even just a  couple of times a week

On 30/05/2017 at 12:50 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

Just received another package from iHerb containing one container of Magnesium Glycinate (Solray) and one of High Absorption Chelated Magnesium. Remarkably the order was placed on 22nd May and received 29th May with no duty.

The two other on-line sites mentioned above (Thailand and Guernsey) only seem to have Magnesium Oxide, which is considered to be 'not well absorbed by the body' (and is also easily available in Bangkok drugstores).

So that's two successful deliveries from iHerb for me. Now just waiting for the third.

Try and keep the packages small if possible and you will have better luck

It's easy to order a lot at once because of the shipping cost isn't free anymore but larger it is the most likely to come with a bill from customs.... 

local shops are so silly overpriced so i think you should start trying to order online,
i have ordered myself with no problem.
i do go to local shops for buying steroids tho, and i bought protein online from thai company

Edited by poanoi

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Willington said:

It's not so hard to find out supplements online. Within a moments you can get a big list of supplements according to your needs. Did you try it online? If not, why not try there. Actually one of my neighbor was trying to do that. She was upset what to do. Then I recommend him to try Methyltestosterone  tablets dosage. She is happy to get this supplements and by using this she is recovered now. And leading an happy conjugal life. You can try for it.

Methyltestosterone is not a dietary supplement. It is a medication which in i requires a Doctor's prescription.

• Like 1