Face off! Japanese fugitive allegedly changed his face and hid in Thailand 10 years

webfact

He used his own name, his accomplices were arrested years ago, did the cops think that paying off police and others in huge sums might be more likely the reason why this guy wasn't arrested? His face has little to do with it.

Re this recent spate of International arrests - all of them should have been arrested years ago, instead of now, when International Agencies come calling with warrrants, having done the Thai police's work for them. They all know the game here. So do senior police.

You don't get rich by doing your job.

What is the going rate for Farang felons to pay Thai police to turn a blind eye?

Is it too personal for me to ask what you pay?

You seem to have quite alot of first hand knowledge on this subject.

If you are in need of these services, unfortunately I can't help you in explaining how it works. At the very least It would be against forum rules...

Must be loads more around Thailand. Most westerners hiding out like this guy buy a yellow shirt, wear amulets, wai everyone politely always, say krub, show their love of Buddhism and other Thai institutions and stand at 8am and 6pm.

Yeah, until the local policeman starts wondering why you never go to renew your retirement permit or other visa . . .

I think that it is very hard to hide in Thailand without papers. If you try to hide in plain sight, say in Jomtien with the other expats, the authorities have found their treasure trove of undocumented people there already and keep on eye on things. In the village, everyone knows everything.

Better not have a girlfriend/wife - otherwise she may find out. Hard to run a bank account or any other convenience, such as renting a vehicle without some ID. Get stopped by the cops for anything and you are done.

On 7/29/2016 at 8:19 AM, NCC1701A said:

I have been here for two years doing the dissipation thing and I look 10 years older. no joke.

And 4 billion baht worth of securities is $114,807,309 USD at today's exchange rate. I would have gone to some place better than Thailand and just got a new ID and passport..

With so many passport forgers in Thailand you think this guy would have got one. Smart enough to embezzle all that money but not smart enough to go somewhere were Japan could have him extradited.