Monk questioned to determine money trail of Wat Dhammakaya

rooster59

Monk questioned to determine money trail of Wat Dhammakaya

BANGKOK: A senior monk of Wat Dhammakaya who is in charge of financial matters of the temple was questioned for over five hours by enquiry officers of the Department of Special Investigation on Friday.

Phra Thawalsak Yatiko later told the media that he was summoned by the DSI to give testimonies but he declined to elaborate.

However, he said that Phra Dhammachayo is still sick and is being treated at a germ-free room at the hospital.

Pol Lt-Col Pakorn Sutheevakul, commander of the financial and banking office of the DSI, however, said the questioning of Phra Thawalsak was part of the DSI’s attempt to trace the money trail of Wat Dhammakaya as the monk is one among those who are in charge of financial affairs of the temple.

But he declined to offer any details about the questioning, saying that it might affect the case.

He added that the public prosecutor had asked for more details about the money laundering case in connection with Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives and, hence, the need to question Phra Thawalsak.

Next to be questioned by the DSI is Phra Maha Boonchai Charuthatto who is in charge of financial and accounting affairs of the temple.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/monk-questioned-determine-money-trail-wat-dhammakaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-30

I don't understand where in the revenue department in all of this? they have the powers to freeze, confiscate

and shutdown account suspected to be have been tempered, falsified or without explanations as where the

wealth if from, Or, could it be that the long tentacles of the ' sic ' abbots have also reached that department?

I for one, would be surprised.....

I don't understand where in the revenue department in all of this? they have the powers to freeze, confiscate

and shutdown account suspected to be have been tempered, falsified or without explanations as where the

wealth if from, Or, could it be that the long tentacles of the ' sic ' abbots have also reached that department?

I for one, would be surprised.....

I don't see what's difficult to understand.

Reading into the PBS report it looks like a typical investigation that from the beginning was handled ass backwards from a knee-jerk reaction that the prosecution's been forced to realize. Now they're having to back and fill with as close to the kind of investigation that should have been done from the beginning instead of simply trying to nail "the obvious and current usual suspects" based on loosely corroborated evidence - from at least one proven thief.

In TV terms, just because you're caught driving a stolen spaceship, (because there is no honor among thieves),that doesn't necessarily mean you were the one who actually stole it or even knew Mork stole it to get from Ork.