Suicide or Murder? Englishman Found Hanging as House Burns Down in Pattaya

webfact

Suicide or Murder? Englishman Found Hanging as House Burns Down in Pattaya

Story by Albert Jack

pat5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 4am, on the morning of August 1, Huay Yai police station was informed of a suspected suicide and fire at a house on Soi Tessabal Road, next to the Huay Yai Temple, Pattaya.

Of the four house complex the last in the row was ablaze and fire fighters took some time to bring the situation under control.

At the side of the property investigators found the body of Andrew Green Thomas, a fifty-six-year-old Englishman, hanging from a water tank platform. Rescue teams released the body.

Twenty-nine-year-old Ms Narumol Jaemwong, the step-daughter of the dead man, said that her mother had received a call from Mr Thomas threatening to kill himself and so she wanted to come and see.

Her mother, she said, did not join her as she was afraid of Mr Thomas and he regularly ‘beat her up.’

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/229108/suicide-murder-englishman-found-hanging-house-burns-pattaya/

-- PATTAYA ONE 2016-08-01

Hard to decipher this story now the Englishman is dead albeit murdered or suicude. No worry, some TV theorists will work it out no doubt with far-fetched armchair detective work and slate this guy to pulp. New upgraded TV will unfortunately never be able to upgrade its members. Same old song I'm afraid. 

Just saying ....... 

Did he hang himself first then set the house on fire or the house was set on fire after he was hanged?

It seems highly unlikely the poor chap set the house on fire then went to the back yard to hang himself. Would he have enough time without anyone noticing the fire? How long will it takes him to do the whole 2 crimes?

10 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Did he hang himself first then set the house on fire or the house was set on fire after he was hanged?

It seems highly unlikely the poor chap set the house on fire then went to the back yard to hang himself. Would he have enough time without anyone noticing the fire? How long will it takes him to do the whole 2 crimes?

The "poor chap" sounds like he got his jollies from smacking the old lady around. 

In such an endeavor would you rely on Chinese rope?

i wouldn't. 

14 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Maybe he hung himself first  :whistling:

13 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

The "poor chap" sounds like he got his jollies from smacking the old lady around. 

In such an endeavor would you rely on Chinese rope?

i wouldn't. 

Yes, we should always be a little apprehensive when Thais give their sneering stories of contempt for any recent deceased Farang. Considering it's a good ploy to get the seal of approval as another suicide.  

At the side of the property investigators found the body of Andrew Green Thomas, a fifty-six-year-old Englishman, hanging from a water tank platform. Rescue teams released the body.

Did they actually waited for the police to arrive before they tampered all over the place.

In Germany it is standard procedure for the fire brigade to bring the fire under control and then the police will do the investigation.

4 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Did they actually waited for the police to arrive before they tampered all over the place.

In Germany it is standard procedure for the fire brigade to bring the fire under control and then the police will do the investigation.

Actually, when a body is swinging then its pretty common practice to cut him loose and see if CPR will get him breathing...save a life and all that.

1 hour ago, ScotBkk said:

Hard to decipher this story now the Englishman is dead albeit murdered or suicude. No worry, some TV theorists will work it out no doubt with far-fetched armchair detective work and slate this guy to pulp. New upgraded TV will unfortunately never be able to upgrade its members. Same old song I'm afraid. 

Just saying ....... 

You don't seem too fond of TV members......maybe time for you to look elsewhere :) 

14 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

You don't seem too fond of TV members......maybe time for you to look elsewhere :) 

Funny thing about Suicidal people...they are often Homicidal as well.

Especially if they were abusers...smart ex-girlfriend to steer clear.

50 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

I was actually waiting for such a reply it was on the cards so to speak. I do sometimes find TV amusing also a good source for other expats experiences in Thailand hence the reason I float in and out occasionally for any such information. If I ever decide to leave I'll commend you as my first instigator for self banishment.

Thank you again for caring I know deep down your all heart and would bring a tear to a glass eye. 

Edited by ScotBkk

"Twenty-nine-year-old Ms Narumol Jaemwong, the step-daughter of the dead man, said that her mother had received a call from Mr Thomas threatening to kill himself and so she wanted to come and see."

Amazing!  Every time a farang is found dead, the word "suicide" is always foremost in the report, before the investigation has even taken place.  I smell a rat somewhere!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines.  What a place this is!

2 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"Twenty-nine-year-old Ms Narumol Jaemwong, the step-daughter of the dead man, said that her mother had received a call from Mr Thomas threatening to kill himself and so she wanted to come and see."

Amazing!  Every time a farang is found dead, the word "suicide" is always foremost in the report, before the investigation has even taken place.  I smell a rat somewhere!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read between the lines.  What a place this is!

Now if I were to judge the average mindset of farnags from the negative postings they contribute to TVF then I would say there are alot of very unhappy and lonely farangs in Thailand and when the money is spent then I am guessing there are quite a few suicides.

41 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Now if I were to judge the average mindset of farnags from the negative postings they contribute to TVF then I would say there are alot of very unhappy and lonely farangs in Thailand and when the money is spent then I am guessing there are quite a few suicides.

You are no doubt correct on your assumption about the number of suicides, but I think you're missing the point.  The word "Suicide" is frequently used in reports of a farang's death.  It's almost the same as saying, "It's only a farang!  Let's not be bothered about investigating in case we find evidence we don't want.  Case closed".

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Why do TVF posters see murder in every suicide? 

After about how many months of residing in Thailand does this ailment usually start? 

depends entirely on your first up close murder/suicide and after you have witnessed the propaganda and ridiculous

lies that get spread most residents get the feeling that something is a bit sick here.

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Why do TVF posters see murder in every suicide? 

After about how many months of residing in Thailand does this ailment usually start? 

It usually happens when a Thai has sleighted them in some small way and then it's the whole nation is out to get them.They are never wrong,of course.

5 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Funny thing about Suicidal people...they are often Homicidal as well.

Especially if they were abusers...smart ex-girlfriend to steer clear.

And you know this about suicidal people because...? 

7 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

i like your logic, makes absolute sense to me.

Why would the man hang himself and set the place ablaze first? As obviously he could not had set the place on fire afterwards. Another mysterious Farlang death to add to the statistics.

5 hours ago, Alwyn said:

And you know this about suicidal people because...? 

its pretty common knowledge...the suicidal person figures they have nothing to lose (since they will soon be dead). Many times they blame others for their unfortunate circumstances. (Obviously this guy was at the end of his rope).

This is especially true of those with a history of DV.

If you ever approach someone who is about to commit suicde then do so very cautiously.