Suicide or Murder? Englishman Found Hanging as House Burns Down in Pattaya

webfact

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

i like your logic, makes absolute sense to me.

Why would the man hang himself and set the place ablaze first? As obviously he could not had set the place on fire afterwards. Another mysterious Farlang death to add to the statistics.

Its actually painful to hear you two guys hypothesize.

37 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I bet there are a fair number of farangs over here who smack their little Thai wife around.

This dead guy set his building on fire even though it was a 4-plex.

I don't get the impression he cares much about others.

Just to put a few things straight;

It was a private four bedroom house which belonged to the deceased and his wife, not a 4-plex.

The house was in a compound with 2 additional properties they use to rent out, not 3, all of which belonged to the deceased and his wife, his wife of around 15 years.

Andrew, or Alfie as he is better known locally, is Welsh, not English.

If you knew how much time and effort the deceased put into caring for and maintaining his properties, you would find it hard to imagine him setting the property alight, they own several properties and land plots in that area and take exceptional care of them all.

The reporter in the original story makes so many mistakes in the reporting and he is a foreigner too, cant blame Thai reporters for this one!.

His stepdaughter is 19, not 29.

His wife is there at the scene, the one in the red vest top, the stepdaughter is the one in the blue and red striped top.

As for the allegations of beating, i have known this family for many years and have never known of that, but what goes on behind closed doors is anybody's guess - and i see TVF members are doing their best at that as usual!

Condolences to Alfie's family as i know some of them read here, RIP old friend.

It seems that many of the posters in this thread did NOT read the entire PattayaOne story.  In the last paragraph it clearly stated that the police investigator was NOT convinced by the wife and step-daughter's story.  That he further wanted to collect and analyze more evidence.

17 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

I was actually waiting for such a reply it was on the cards so to speak. I do sometimes find TV amusing also a good source for other expats experiences in Thailand hence the reason I float in and out occasionally for any such information. If I ever decide to leave I'll commend you as my first instigator for self banishment.

Thank you again for caring I know deep down your all heart and would bring a tear to a glass eye. 

Well the article opens by asking whether it's a murder or suicide, so people are naturally guided into questioning it.

Bla bla glass eye.

10 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Its actually painful to hear you two guys hypothesize.

Think yourself lucky that you can't really hear them - chuntering on with their mindless drivel in some sandal and socks ossie bar or mid west retirement home.

9 hours ago, LennyW said:

Just to put a few things straight;

It was a private four bedroom house which belonged to the deceased and his wife, not a 4-plex.

The house was in a compound with 2 additional properties they use to rent out, not 3, all of which belonged to the deceased and his wife, his wife of around 15 years.

Andrew, or Alfie as he is better known locally, is Welsh, not English.

If you knew how much time and effort the deceased put into caring for and maintaining his properties, you would find it hard to imagine him setting the property alight, they own several properties and land plots in that area and take exceptional care of them all.

The reporter in the original story makes so many mistakes in the reporting and he is a foreigner too, cant blame Thai reporters for this one!.

His stepdaughter is 19, not 29.

His wife is there at the scene, the one in the red vest top, the stepdaughter is the one in the blue and red striped top.

As for the allegations of beating, i have known this family for many years and have never known of that, but what goes on behind closed doors is anybody's guess - and i see TVF members are doing their best at that as usual!

Condolences to Alfie's family as i know some of them read here, RIP old friend.

Thanks very much for the additional details and corrections. Reading your version and the original article makes it sound like two completely different stories.

So how do you suppose he wound up being hanged? 

On 8/1/2016 at 4:40 PM, ScotBkk said:

Hard to decipher this story now the Englishman is dead albeit murdered or suicude. No worry, some TV theorists will work it out no doubt with far-fetched armchair detective work and slate this guy to pulp. New upgraded TV will unfortunately never be able to upgrade its members. Same old song I'm afraid. 

Just saying ....... 

Present company excluded? Just saying.............

On 8/1/2016 at 2:11 PM, louse1953 said:

Just a good reason to stay away,as she did.I suppose she lifted his body up into the noose.

R.I.P TO the poor chap something fishy here she is claiming battery thus a good reason to murder him

Im sure there was money involved as there always is then she certainly could  pay for any help to get rid of so called abusive husband. Greed never ceases the amaze me not only in Thailand but all over the world 

On 8/1/2016 at 5:28 PM, ScotBkk said:

Yes, we should always be a little apprehensive when Thais give their sneering stories of contempt for any recent deceased Farang. Considering it's a good ploy to get the seal of approval as another suicide.  

My guess is that he bought the house and decided he's going to take it with him.

Edited by tropo