This Saturday is a no Alchol Day??

PomPui

I have been told by multiple people that from Friday 6pm till Sunday 10am is no alcohol sales but have yet to read it anywhere online.

Has anyone else heard the same?

Edited by PomPui

I have heard a few differing but similar versions and would like to know exactly what the story is.

Sigh......there's never a mod around when you need one.........what do we pay them for I want to know ?? :)

Saturday Aug 6, 18:00h (6 PM) to Sunday Aug 7, 24h (midnight).

It is a rule from the election law.
On Sun Aug 7 there is the national referendum on the constitution draft.

Discussed in other threads already.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Saturday Aug 6, 18:00h (6 PM) to Sunday Aug 7, 24h (midnight).

It is a rule from the election law.
On Sun Aug 7 there is the national referendum on the constitution draft.

There seems to be a bit of an obsession with alcohol among a good few TV posters. As an ex-drunk myself it would never occur to me to post about the topic of "no alcohol days" on a Forum when I was an active drinker (if one existed then). Instead, I would just be getting on with the business of stacking up with supplies to cover me for that day (and the next morning).

OP, thanks for the heads up. I only keep 2 or 3 beers on hand so I now know to get a few extras Friday before 6pm. Feel sorry for those who depend on selling beer for a living. Feel sorry for the drinkers who signed up for tourism months ago with no knowledge of alcohol free days as they walk off the plane.

Tourist can not vote so shouldn't be deprived of buying beers, etc...

Edited by IAMHERE

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Thanks for the info.  Don't forget Friday 12 is the Queens birthday too. The bar I'm going this Friday will be closed next Friday because of this. 

Yes, this was not normally a no alcohol day, neither was the king's birthday.

The last time it was enforced was 2005, 

Now, the powers that be have decided that it should again become an abstention day.

As far as I can see from the various websites, there is no change in the sale of alcohol on August 12th.  I've since asked the policeman who lives a couple of houses from me (not sure of his rank but he has pips on his shoulder) and he has said that there is no mandatory alcohol ban.  Some local police forces may issue a ban but in the main, any closure is voluntary and out of respect.

I am happy to report that most everyday is an alcohol free day for me now.  No more aching head, feel like a new more energetic person, improved stamina and strength, not to mention the money saved so I can contribute to more Thai ladies retirement funds.

I heard that "Beefeater's Gin" stock took a hit when I gave up gin and tonics.

cant find my post. so if this is a duplicate sorry.i did say i wonder why Hilary 4 is open on the Sunday (probably all Hilary bars) when Sunday is the voting day and no alcohol sales until mid night on Sunday

11 hours ago, dotpoom said:

There seems to be a bit of an obsession with alcohol among a good few TV posters. As an ex-drunk myself it would never occur to me to post about the topic of "no alcohol days" on a Forum when I was an active drinker (if one existed then). Instead, I would just be getting on with the business of stacking up with supplies to cover me for that day (and the next morning).

Many of us do not sit at home and drink but prefer going out to bars/pubs and the like. 

8 hours ago, HHTel said:

The official reason for the ban on voting days is for voters "to keep a clear head!"

Any bars closed on Friday 12th will be voluntary.  There is no official ban on royal birthdays.

I do wonder if abstaining from alcohol before voting will make any difference to the result.

On 03/08/2016 at 5:03 AM, anotheruser said:

Okay so there is a window of time between 17:00 and 18: to go get some beer at 7/11. Once again good luck making it through this boys. I will see you on the other side.

..earlier in the day from 11am to 2pm :lol: