restaurant franchise options?

manarak

After doing some quick research, I noted that most big name international restaurant franchises (McDonald's, Burger King, ...) had been sold exclusively to Thai big companies.

Are there any opportunities left for becoming a franchisee in Thailand of some big brand?

I wouldn't know where to look if franchises are available for the normal person. I can name a few and you can check if they have been "reserved" already.

Subway

Popeyes

Dominoes

Pizza Hut

Carls Jr

Denny's, IHOP, Taco Bell ( I dont think they're present in Thailand, but maybe they are looking to? )

On 3.8.2016 at 7:01 AM, blackcab said:

Do you mean you want to obtain the master country franchise, or you want to open a single franchise outlet?

yes, I'm looking for franchising opportunities for single outlets.

On 2.8.2016 at 8:38 PM, NiwPix said:

I wouldn't know where to look if franchises are available for the normal person. I can name a few and you can check if they have been "reserved" already.

Subway

Popeyes

Dominoes

Pizza Hut

Carls Jr

Denny's, IHOP, Taco Bell ( I dont think they're present in Thailand, but maybe they are looking to? )

I checked a few.

I'm only really interested in concepts that can appeal to Thai customers, I consider that Carls Jr for example is not.

Dominoes and Pizza Hut already have master franchisees in Thailand, and Popeyes could be interesting as they are available - but they are looking for a master franchisee too.

• 1 month later...

Definitely want a five guys in thailand but it may go under very quick if you give nuts away for free and refills. 

Carl Jr is here bang na awful place only saw yanks in there.

Mexican seems fairly popular that sunrise tacos. but I like Chipotle (not here) that's a nice food brand and rice and meat sell well here.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Thailand Franchise Fair 2016 website, found some interesting ones Denny's (but I'm sure this doesn't appeal to Thais, no stores opened yet they are looking for master franchise I believe), Subway (could be good depending on location - busy stores I've seen are located in office buildings, but only good business during lunch. Tourist locations are good).

Coffee is always a good segment.

Korea shave ice is a popular one lately. Korea fried chicken is popular, take a look at Bon Chon - always a line during dinner for almost all of their stores (they don't offer franchise) but there is so many other brands from Korea you can bring in.

Sante Fe steak caters to Thai and offers franchises.

Donut King - Donut stores have little competition and is growing segment.

One I have seen pop up everywhere in NE thailand is cha phayom 1 price for many different shakes. 25 thb coffee and ice tea included come in a shake style cup with lid. Looks good seen about 40 open in two cities in last 3 months. Not sure it's hit bkk yet? Or maybe it began there.

Archived