400k in a bank. Do you touch it during the 1 month waiting period?

I've been doing extensions at Samut Prakan since 2009 and past 5 years I've been using the money what is required for the application straight after the Non O extension application based on marriage has been cleared for the 1 month "under consideration".

I remember last year at Samut Prakan the immigration lady said that keep it over 400k until you get the stamp but I did not because I've never had any problems.

So what I would like to ask is that is there anyone here who has been asked again when you get your stamp after 1 month to show that you have over 400k in your bank account? And other questions. Do you do the same that you just use the money after you've done the application and wait 1 month.

They did not say anything at CW to keep the money at the bank and I've never seen any documentation to keep the money while waiting.

Their have been some reports of immigration checking the bank balance during the under consideration period given for an extension based upon marriage. You can take enough out for living expenses during the 30 days but emptying the account would not be accepted.

• Like 1

The rule is that the money must be in the account for 2 months prior to the application date. So once you've made the application you've met the requirement. As said above, taking a small amount out during the 30 day consideration period shouldn't be an issue. Taking the lot might cause a problem as that money is supposed to the money you live on for the year.

10 hours ago, Topah said:

So you mean it can be under 400k when you get the stamp? Is there any documentation what it has to be?

It is not related to the date you get the stamp. On that day your application has already been approved. It is when the application is being approved at division headquarters during the 30 days.

As I wrote before you can take money out for normal living expenses but not all of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not related to the date you get the stamp. On that day your application has already been approved. It is when the application is being approved at division headquarters during the 30 days.

As I wrote before you can take money out for normal living expenses but not all of it.

I just did my marriage extension in June at Chang Wattana and although I didn't ask, the immigration officer volunteered that I could withdraw "a small amount but not too much."

Edited by gjoo888
  • Like 1

A question every one, I am now on a retired extension with 800,000 Baht in my bank 3 months before the date, in case I change one day for marriage extension, I understood it will be only 400,000 Baht, but 3 month before the date too?

39 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

A question every one, I am now on a retired extension with 800,000 Baht in my bank 3 months before the date, in case I change one day for marriage extension, I understood it will be only 400,000 Baht, but 3 month before the date too?

It's two months for the marriage extension. 

I do not what Country or what your fix income is each month. I am from Us and every year I go to US Embassy and get a motorized letter stating I have more than 65,000 THB a month in retirement income. If you are not from US check your Embassy to see if you can get a letter. Although the I am married to a Thai Lady I do not us marriage as basis.