Hitler henchman Himmler’s diary extracts found

webfact

Hitler henchman Himmler’s diary extracts found

606x341_340423.jpg

PODOLSKI: -- Pages from the diary of Heinrich Himmler reveal shocking details of the Nazi’s daily routine, including a “comradely” lunch at Dachau concentration camp, the scene of over 40,000 murders.

The extracts – dated 1938, 1943 and 1945 – were discovered in military archives in the Russian city of Podolsk, and reportedly show how Himmler plotted the atrocities he committed, alongside honouring his familial obligations.

Damian Imoehl, who helped track down the documents for the German newspaper Bild, told the Times of London “The most interesting thing for me is this combination of doting father and cold-blooded killer.”

Himmler reportedly enjoyed a two-hour long massage to begin his days and made sure to set aside time for his wife, his young daughter, and his mistress.

“He was very careful about his wife and daughter, as well as his affair with his secretary. He takes care of his comrades and friends,” Imoehl said. “Then there is the man of horror. One day he starts with breakfast and a massage from his personal doctor, then he rings up his wife and daughter in the south of Germany and after that he decides to have 10 men killed or visits a concentration camp.”

Himmler was captured after the Nazi regime fell, but committed suicide before he could stand trial.

-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-0

38 minutes ago, SirDougless said:

They'll probably be serialised in The Sunday Times ...

I understand the intent of your comment, but for historical and education purposes, would that be a bad thing? Some of the things this depraved coward should be exposed. We still have  nutters who claim there were no gas chambers etc. There are people who have posted on TVF over the years that allied servicemen POWs who were murdered by Himmler's  units are fabrications etc. 

This little perv actually believed that the British would welcome him. He got quite the rude awakening.

23 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

I understand the intent of your comment, but for historical and education purposes, would that be a bad thing? Some of the things this depraved coward should be exposed. We still have  nutters who claim there were no gas chambers etc. There are people who have posted on TVF over the years that allied servicemen POWs who were murdered by Himmler's  units are fabrications etc. 

This little perv actually believed that the British would welcome him. He got quite the rude awakening.

Sadly those same nutters will still claim that the Holocaust was a hoax and that these documents have been fabricated.

1 hour ago, pitrevie said:

Sadly those same nutters will still claim that the Holocaust was a hoax and that these documents have been fabricated.

While I agree with your comments; I'm not sure you can ever change some peoples minds. All the top German's under Hitler were crazy. Himmler killed or order people to be murdered every day. It became normal for him. Sad that there are world leaders who do similar things today. Russia, North Korea, China. Then add in all the Muslim Terrorist.  And I sure that there are people on This Visa do not believe any of this. Some things never change.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Von Braun did similar stuff, and the Americans welcomed him.

People who get to the top of governments generally feel they have the right to kill others, mostly they get away with it.

Tony Blair was responsible for 500,000 deaths, and nobody worries about him.

Edited by MissAndry

16 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

People who get to the top of governments generally feel they have the right to kill others, mostly they get away with it.

There are plenty of people in the UK and elsewhere who believe Blair should be tried at the Hague.

That it might never happen is not evidence that nobody cares.

2 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Von Braun was only engaged in the development of missiles. He had no power at all to order nor commit any killings. See wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

42 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Von Braun was only engaged in the development of missiles. He had no power at all to order nor commit any killings. See wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

I think Tom Lehrer said it best:

"Once the rockets go up who cares where they come down?

That's not my department says Werner Von Braun."

Edited by ilostmypassword
to insert video

5 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Tom Lehrer may be right, but what i meant to express is: One cannot compare Braun with Himmler.

His vision wasn't to make rockets to carry nukes but travel to the Moon, the Mars and other planets.

NASA would have lost a couple of years without W.v.Braun.

Just now, maximillian said:

Tom Lehrer may be right, but what i meant to express is: One cannot compare Braun with Himmler.

His vision wasn't to make rockets to carry nukes but travel to the Moon, the Mars and other planets.

NASA would have lost a couple of years without W.v.Braun.

I was thinking more of the Jewish slave labour Von Braun used to build his rockets, he was responsible for 1,000s of their deaths. Unless you want to use the excuse "he was only obeying orders".

5 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

I was thinking more of the Jewish slave labour Von Braun used to build his rockets, he was responsible for 1,000s of their deaths. Unless you want to use the excuse "he was only obeying orders".

Braun himself was in a Nazi prison for two week, accused of siding with communists and sabotage.

Had he not obeyed orders he would not have survived.

It's so easy to condemn somebody 80 + years later without knowing what was really going on in those times.

Today I can say I am an anti fascist. Had I been born in Germany or Austria in 1915, I might have become a Nazi myself or an inmate in one of the thousand concentration camps. Who knows.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Himmler's death has been recently questioned by several Nazi scholars He died in a British prison and his death was called a suicide.

HImmler issued a statement in the fall of 1944 that has been considered hard evidence that it was a Nazi policy to exterminate the European Jews. Statement as follows:

"Between the middle of September and October 1944 I caused the Reichsführer SS Himmler to issue the following order, which I received in two originals, one each for SS Generals Kaltenbrunner and Pohl, and a carbon copy for myself: 'Effective immediately I forbid any liquidation of Jews and order that, on the contrary, hospital care should be given to weak and sick persons. I hold you (and here Kaltenbrunner and Pohl were meant) personally responsible even if this order should not be strictly adhered to by lower echelons.' I personally took Pohl's copy to him at his office in Berlin and left the copy for Kaltenbrunner at his office in Berlin."[2]

If such an order indeed existed, it would provide strong evidence that gassings actually took place. The allegation in question is based upon a written statement made by SS-Standartenführer Kurt Becher before the Nuremberg International Military Tribunal:

http://codoh.com/

Edited by Pakboong

There was no small cadre of Fanatics that caused the mass exterminations. It was State Policy and blind eyes and assistance was given by the General Populace. The saddest thing is that Germany and Austria were Nations of well educated people. The warning for all is that we all live in a thin veneer of Civilisation. Underneath us all is the most Base of Human traits.

The fact is out of sight out of mind. The chimneys were burning day and night cremating the trainloads of victims, but it wasn't seen, hidden in forests and behind pine trees, the populace could plead innocence.

Didn't that happen in Yugoslavia in the 1990s with the massacres? The rest of Europe carried on,too engaged in TV soap operas and other stupidity to care about wholesale slaughter on their continent.

But what I can't get to grips with is people like Himmler going home to his family after butchering fellow humans. People fear, people sometimes hate other races and religions as now, tarring everyone with the same brush, but to wholesale murder women and children, the old and the young, people who represent no threat and are the same colour and civilization, even speak the same language, German, in some cases is beyond comprehension to  me.

18 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

There was no small cadre of Fanatics that caused the mass exterminations. It was State Policy and blind eyes and assistance was given by the General Populace. The saddest thing is that Germany and Austria were Nations of well educated people. The warning for all is that we all live in a thin veneer of Civilisation. Underneath us all is the most Base of Human traits.

The thing is, America had no business business being in Vietnam and waged a very brutal war there. The low estimate of vietnamese casualties, both civilian and military is over 500,000. When you throw in the Cambodia and Laos, it comes to well over a million. And while it's true that lots of Americans protested, it's also true that, unlike Germans, they weren't risking imprisonment, torture and death by doing to.    Maybe if millions or even thousands of Americans had tried to sabotage shipments of weapons, we'd have a stronger case in condemning Germans. What's more, the press was very tightly controlled in Germany. The USA had a free press with much more access to information. I have to agree with Maximillian.  

3 hours ago, maximillian said:

Braun himself was in a Nazi prison for two week, accused of siding with communists and sabotage.

Had he not obeyed orders he would not have survived.

It's so easy to condemn somebody 80 + years later without knowing what was really going on in those times.

Today I can say I am an anti fascist. Had I been born in Germany or Austria in 1915, I might have become a Nazi myself or an inmate in one of the thousand concentration camps. Who knows.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

I recommend reading Hans Fallada "Every Man Dies Alone", that may be available to you under its other title 'Alone in Berlin".

I don't think you'll find a better explanation of the moral dilemma in which ordinary Germans found themselves after the Nazis took control. 

We might all keep in mind that the Nazis came to power through an electoral victory and that much of the hatred being openly displayed here on TV would be very familiar in the campaigns leading to Hitler coming to power.

8 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Neither Von Braun nor Blair were anything close to Himmler. 

15 hours ago, smotherb said:

Neither Von Braun nor Blair were anything close to Himmler. 

How many deaths would you say Himmler was personally responsible for?

Tony Blair got about 500,000 all on his own, no co-conspirators.

Edited by MissAndry

12 hours ago, MissAndry said:

How many deaths would you say Himmler was personally responsible for?

Tony Blair got about 500,000 all on his own, no co-conspirators.

You mean actually stopped their breathing with clutched hands?