Teacher denies raping girl, 12, in Buriram classroom

webfact

15 hours ago, tuanku said:

Don't peel the apple, eat the skin too, It's full of vitamins.

Child molesters are very often people who were themselves molested as a child. Take that into account when you dream of your punishments.

Ah, I seem to have missed the point.
Let me try to understand your line of thought by taking an example:

If you were made to work in a factory when you were a child (5/6 years old), then it is ok if you make your child work in a factory ?
Yes or No ?
Surely YES following the Analogy.

I would say NO NO NO. I would say that progress is preferable.

And I am proud of a friend who worked in a factory at age six, but has worked all her life very hard so her two children can go to a real University "so they will have a better life than me"

3 hours ago, KKr said:

Ah, I seem to have missed the point.
Let me try to understand your line of thought by taking an example:

If you were made to work in a factory when you were a child (5/6 years old), then it is ok if you make your child work in a factory ?
Yes or No ?
Surely YES following the Analogy.

I would say NO NO NO. I would say that progress is preferable.

And I am proud of a friend who worked in a factory at age six, but has worked all her life very hard so her two children can go to a real University "so they will have a better life than me"

I guess you did miss the point, and came up with an unhelpful analogy. It is not OK to molest children, whatever happened to you as a child. However individuals and the problem as a whole will not be helped without some understanding of the root causes. In Thai society there are tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of adults who suffered some sort of sexual or physical abuse as a child. Many of them are damaged to an extent and a proportion will go on to abuse children themselves. Waiting until they do this and then abusing them further in a state sanctioned physical punishment scheme advocated by many here (anything from caning to castration to hanging) on this forum is not a real solution, although it may make the punishers feel better. There is no quick fix, but education - starting with teachers, together with some sort of process for identifying and helping potential abusers before they commit a crime, especially those in frequent contact with children, might be a start. Unfortunately, like with many issues to do with sexuality, Thai society is still in denial about the nature and extent of the problem.