Wow! Can I get a couple of large ones to go - full cream milk, please

webfact

Wow! Can I get a couple of large ones to go - full cream milk, please

p5.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A newly opened coffee shop in Thailand's north east has been wowing male customers - the menu is printed on the revealing t-shirts of the buxom female staff.

And needless to say the customers seem to enjoy pointing to the items when making their order, reported Daily News.

The story of the shop that opened Monday went viral on Thai online media - so much so that the watchdogs of the Sisaket Damrongtham centre took an interest on Wednesday arriving with police and soldiers to take a look for themselves.

But after the officials got abreast of the situation - and realized there was no law breaking or illegal foreign workers in the shop - they left, just giving a warning to be careful about how the manager promotes his business.

If you fancy a frappuccino the shop can be found on the road leading to the university of Rachapat Sisaket. Just don't tell the wife you are nipping out for a coffee.....

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-04

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that Thailand isn't so politically correct that we can still have the freedom to operate a business based on whatever we deem suitable (assuming the female staff are working there willingly).  A shop like this in the US or Europe would be slammed for being misogynistic even when nobody is forcing the female staff to work there.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

This is not good for the national image! Where's the Minister of Culture?

Maybe trying on one of the "T" shirt...  needs to have all the facts in hand.

15 minutes ago, Caveat Emptor said:

Considering the fuss over motor show pretties etc it would be hard to imagine this won't attract some official attention unless they're all preoccupied with  the referendum.

Its so good to see that the BIB is keeping abreast of serious crimes now they can spend time investigating the pretties. It never ceases to amaze me how fast the BIB shows up for petty stuff like this and serious crime takes days, months possibly years to sort out. They don't do much for the country's image either way. 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Its so good to see that the BIB is keeping abreast of serious crimes now they can spend time investigating the pretties. It never ceases to amaze me how fast the BIB shows up for petty stuff like this and serious crime takes days, months possibly years to sort out. They don't do much for the country's image either way. 

The simple stuff is easy to sort out leaving more time for other more important matters and i don't mean tackling serious crime,  road traffic laws etc,

Being easy too it doesn't require much in the way of investigative skills.  Look at the negative publicity worldwide about the bridge players.