Thai cop turns himself in after shooting dead his future son-in-law

webfact

The cop obviously new what really happened, or assumed what happened, his daughter found out this guy was married with kids and an argument ensued with her either falling off or being pushed off the bike out of jealousy or anger.

He lost his daughter, he took the matter into his own hands after he also found out this guy was married with kids (duped), feeling conned, and angry as he probably liked the guy and thought he was suitable to look after his daughter only to find out she fell off the bike and died and then he finds out the future son in law is married with kids, ouch.

In my opinion, he should of tried to control the anger that took over his mental state, think about it, how much does it cost to take some one out in Thailand, this guy is a cop, he would have connections, money and could have come up with the best alibi, bu then again he probably got total satisfaction watching the guys face when he pulled the trigger, the price you pay for taking it on personally, dumb move in my opinion.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, smew said:

Parents will protect their children( or they should) boy was not honest married with children(honesty is not a common commodity in thailand)  accountable for daughter's death and paid the price... Simple quick justice 

Revenge and justice are not the same. I see no justice here. We don't even know the true facts.

42 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

"your book" huh?  Policeman goes into a room full of old and young (traumatized now for the rest of their lives) and shoots a guy dead and you would think "ok in your book" if it was USA?

I suggest engaging brain and rewriting "your book"

Have you ANY idea how many Yanks are traumatized by the weekly mass shootings they have there, the ridiculous wars they started like Vietnam and Iraq.

Taking responsibility for his actions shoud be commended. He could have easily paid an assassin.

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

You know how those late arrivals are at the theater for a movie.:whistling:

He probably talked on his phone as well..:coffee1:

On a more serious note why didn't the papers mention which inactive post he had been transferred to as punishment!

1 minute ago, MZurf said:

He probably talked on his phone as well..:coffee1:

On a more serious note why didn't the papers mention which inactive post he had been transferred to as punishment!

This is there way of saying he has been releaved of duty and is in the cross bar hotel. This is the saving face again.

She accidentally fell off the back of a motorbike, probably wasn't wearing a helmet. If she wasn't wearing a helmet then she's just as much to blame as well as her cop murdering dad for not bringing her up correctly. He should do 20yrs in my book.

Can you "blame" the father? Yes, you can "blame" him for his actions, murder. Can you sympathize and agree that this is not exactly the same as a person of clear mind, criminal intent,  and rational judgment planning and carrying out the same crime? I can draw a difference. It is called a "crime of passion". he was punishing someone, in his mind for the crime of murdering his daughter. The man had unbearable pain, anguish,  and grief, which none of you can imagine unless you've lost a son or daughter or husband or wife to any form of violence under similar circumstances, convinced that it was deliberate. It is more than enough to unhinge someone's mind. In this country he might plead temporary insanity, or probably take a plea for 2nd degree murder or manslaughter, do some time, and get paroled in time to at least TRY to have some life in his remaining years. The US court would undoubtedly consider his loss and his state of mind, his lack of any prior crimes, and his service as a police officer if he was a good cop. The court would not view this the same as a common criminal. I don't know how Thailand handles such things. Now two families have tragedies that they may never recover from. I will add that I have experienced that kind of pain and anguish, and come very close to making mistakes that could have ruined my life, but for the grace of God, and I did not. 

Dumb savage. No self control, gets in a blind rage and straight into kill mode. Now he's in deep shit. If he had a brain the size of a pea he would have had the son-in-law taken out inside prison, as already suggested here, or taken him out in a dark soi one night with no witnesses. 

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

"your book" huh?  Policeman goes into a room full of old and young (traumatized now for the rest of their lives) and shoots a guy dead and you would think "ok in your book" if it was USA?

I suggest engaging brain and rewriting "your book"

Moreover, "no one is considered to be guilty unless proven to be guilty in a court of law" and there is no reference to proof that the man killed the girl that fell of the motorbike.
Killing a subjectively accused person in this case should be treated as a pre-meditated murder.

Edited by KKr

".. do something that will effectively end his life as a free man for ever, " Maybe you missed the part about him being a senior police officer. Different rule book. And remember "this is Thailand". I imagine he will use the "I was angry" defense, perhaps looking at a year in special cell.

Oh, and just a side correction: USA picked up where French laid off regarding war in Vietnam.

Even though it is morally questionable and even reprehensible in the eyes of many, infidelity is not a crime.

If it could ever be proven that the daughter's unfortunate death was an accident, or even if not and the guy had to serve a prison term, this cop has been the judge, jury and executioner. He has robbed a wife and children of a husband and father.

To me, that is the saddest part of all.

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

How can the dead guy be called an erstwhile son-in-law? Other reports are he was only a boyfriend and that He was currently married to another woman and had a family.

Poor reporting?

Last paragraph of the origional post.

the father had accepted the proposal of marriage to the daughter.... Then later discovered that the dude was married... Ergo.... Earstwhile son in law.

but for clarities sake... Insert "lying cheating bustard" where you otherwise see "erstwhile son in law"

3 hours ago, sahibji said:

hi chapelroad

an act of impulsion or premeditation. only the offender will know unless he had lost his sense of thinking at the time of the offence.

Not guilty due to temporary insanity. Works every time and being a cop is an additional kicker. 

6 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Traumatize?

Thais love blood, guts and violence.

It it just appears that in this case, it happened too damn fast for them to whip out their phones, to take pics and videos.... Or to point, even.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

That guy in blue a couple of rows back seems to have come in after the initial shots and sat down to watch him finish.

Another day in Paradise 

Transferred to another province to desk job- case closed. 

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

How can the dead guy be called an erstwhile son-in-law? Other reports are he was only a boyfriend and that He was currently married to another woman and had a family.

Poor reporting?

The report above used erstwhile (former) in the correct context.   How can what other reports say impact on the language usage in this report?

Poor understanding?

Edited by adwbkk

If Thsi BiB are all that the haters on TVF accuse them of being then with any luck this father will be released soon and back on the job.

Hard to blame a father for this action in my book.

Another post was critical about "your book".

I think "your book" is great.

And I'm looking forward to the sequel :)

21 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

If Thsi BiB are all that the haters on TVF accuse them of being then with any luck this father will be released soon and back on the job.

Hard to blame a father for this action in my book.

So if the now fatherless children of the man this BIB murdered on the basis of a feeling his daughter was killed by the deceased (is there any evidence this is the case?) decide at some point in the future to exact revenge and kill him, would that also be justifiable? 

4 hours ago, Yoram said:

Here's a man, who's with full and alert minds, walk into a place to do something that will effectively end his life as a free man for ever, selfishly leave his family behind to preform a vendetta, and still go ahead with that, I'm lost for words.

Murder is not such a serious crime in Thailand as it is in the west, I very much doubt he will serve even 10 years for this, especially as he admitted his actions immediately and handed himself in. So his life is not ended as a free man forever - far from it.

On the other hand if you have a bag (perhaps a large bag) of drugs in your pocket when arrested you can expect anything between 10 and 30 years depending on which way the wind is blowing on your day in court.

33 minutes ago, adwbkk said:

The report above used erstwhile (former) in the correct context.   How can what other reports say impact on the language usage in this report?

Poor understanding?

Here is a question for you Mr Vocabulary.

Would the expression, "<deleted>", be used correctly to identify someone on TVF who talks trash like you did above with no intelligence to back up his post.

Because I don't want you to be called such a name, I will do you the kindness of enlightening your own defficient intellect on this topic.

The original news article indicated the recently deceased ex-boyfriend of the police officer's daughter was, in fact, currently married to another woman when he proposed to the officer's daughter. She declined his proposal.

Furthermore, since he was already legally and currently married to a different woman any marriage proposal, even if accepted, would result in a "null & void" new marriage and therefore he could never have been an erstwhile (former) husband-to-be of the policemans daughter.

He was at most a suitor, a boyfriend, a lover.

Edited by ClutchClark