How to increase Wi-Fi signal strength

Fallangpakwan

Showing my lack of IT knowledge I know but here goes. Where I live we receive free (no password) Wi-Fi which is okay for emails, Thaivisa etc and most times "Youtube" items; but is not enough to run my  Android TV-box satisfactorily. Of course I always have similar problems with signal strength at various resorts I stay at upcountry. Have seen several "BOOSTERS" at the new Harbour Mall in Pattaya but be damned if I can get any of the vendors to explain and/or recommend a particular device. Currently I have no modem but use a KINAMAX receiver device; (think TP-Link have a similar one) but this will not do anything for the Android TV box as far as I can tell. Can anyone help with what I can buy to do the trick???

Cheers

TV Android.jpg

Kinamax.jpg

4 hours ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Can anyone help with what I can buy to do the trick???

Yes you can buy your own internet connection so that you aren't sharing a "free"  WIFI signal with all the others.

No amount of boosting WIFI signal  will help the TV box because  the problem is you are sharing a limited  "pipe"  with everyone else   if you get your own "pipe"  ( internet conection )  then you'll have much more success. 

7 hours ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Thanks for that, yes I probably will have to get my own setup at home, but would also like to use my TV box when in various hotels/resorts where their signal is weak too.I'm sure there must be some booster thingy out there.

Boosters signal strength-wise usually occur on the "transmitting end;" not the receiver end as in your computer, Android box, etc.  

And although increasing signal strength can definitely improve bandwidth, when you are tapping into a shared connection/bandwidth even with a strong signal it's probably going to be a lower speed connection....kinda like five hungry dogs trying to eat out of the same bowl in that none of the dogs get enough food to satisfy themselves.

8 hours ago, Fallangpakwan said:

Thanks for that, yes I probably will have to get my own setup at home, but would also like to use my TV box when in various hotels/resorts where their signal is weak too.I'm sure there must be some booster thingy out there.

Personally I just use a FireStick and AIS 3G on the phone.