Fungal ingrown toenails must die!

dblaisde

On 8/5/2016 at 10:04 PM, Sheryl said:

Regarding fungal infection:

The toxic effects of Lamisil you refer to are limited to its oral use, not topical application. Topical lamisil would be the "expensive liquid" Bkk Hospital referred to. Grinding the nails helps ensure absorption.

Complete removal of the nail = a year at least to fully grow back during which time the nail bed will be extremely sensitive so it is not in fact a short cut insofar as treating fungal infections goes.

However I am confused by your statement that it is ingrown since the treatments recommended by the 2 hospitals do not reflect that fact but rather are the standard treatment fior fungal infection only.  Are you sure they are ingrown and were they so when you went to these 2 places? As for ingrown nail, at least partial removal of the nail is pretty standard.

Podiatrists are few and far between in Thailand, probably the scarcest specialty of all. You could try this place

http://www.mft-thailand.com/index.html

Podiatrist- Dr. Cherdpong- at Sri Ratcha Samitvej. He's there every other week on Wednesdays. He also has a clinic in Bangkok. He's very busy at the hospital. 

• 3 months later...

As I can see that you want some easier treatments to treat your toenail fungus then I think you can try some natural treatments as they are cheap and effective. If you visit a podiatrist then you have to spend a lot, however, you only need some small amount of penny to prepare natural treatments at ho me. You can look below to know the remedies you can apply at home to cure toenail fungus:

· Vicks Vaporub: Yes, by applying vicks vaporub, you will be able to kill all the fungus presented in your toenails and make your toenails fungus free.

· Apple Cider Vinegar: Add little amount of water in a bowl and then mix little amount of apple cider vinegar to it so that you can soak your feet in it. Soak your feet in it for about half an hour and then leave it overnight and then wash your feet in the next morning.

· Tea Tree Oil: You can also use tree oil to your toenails with the help of cotton swab and then leave it overnight.

You can also know more to cure toenail fungus at CuretoenailFungus.Info

i'm thinking of using some kind of oily mess to make the nail softer, contained in a small plastic bag,
and stick something between the nail and the toe over time, until it grows in natural direction.

to woman around here: is there anything you are using for the specific purpose of making nails softer ?

Archived