Phuket task force set up to probe migrant worker extortion by officials, police

snoop1130

Phuket task force set up to probe migrant worker extortion by officials, police

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1470395440_1-org.jpg

The special investigative committee was set up two days ago, Phuket Provincial Chief Administration Officer (Palad) Pakpoom Intarasuwan told the press at Provincial hall today (Aug 5).

“A special investigative committee was set up two days ago, and was given 15 days to present its findings,” Phuket Provincial Chief Administration Officer (Palad) Pakpoom Intarasuwan told the press gathered at Provincial hall today (Aug 5).

The committee is present its recommendations for any legal action against any officials deemed guilty of corruption, he added.

The announcement follows a list of persons listed by nickname and mobile phone number – and the government agency the person allegedly works for – going viral on Thai social media websites.

The list includes payments allegedly collected by those people on the 10th of each month.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-task-force-set-up-to-probe-migrant-worker-extortion-by-officials-police-58565.php#Jqjp3DoGOHacgJlH.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-08-05

Only 13 days to wait till the report is issued, expectation mounts, could the investigation find:-

A. All of the people listed are guilty.

B. Further time needed to investigate. At least until the public have lost interest in this story.

C.Ill intentioned people (foreigners) produced the list.

D. Those who brought up the issue are in the country illegally and will be deported.

E. There is no case to answer.

F. This is the actions of the dastardly evil "third hand".

The excitment mounts.

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Only 13 days to wait till the report is issued, expectation mounts, could the investigation find:-

A. All of the people listed are guilty.

B. Further time needed to investigate. At least until the public have lost interest in this story.

C.Ill intentioned people (foreigners) produced the list.

D. Those who brought up the issue are in the country illegally and will be deported.

E. There is no case to answer.

F. This is the actions of the dastardly evil "third hand".

The excitment mounts.

I'll go with (B) - a time-honored, proven methodology for the handling of cases involving influential persons and corrupt government officials.

I notice changes what happens in real life, not what happens as political talk 

For the past few months I have noted that the immigrant workers have smiled a lot more than before. They have been a lot more relaxed compared to what was the case in past. 

So I guess, there has been some real higher level changes to the better made. 

I do prefer to see a genuine smile from Myanmar workers, not just the plastique smile they present when they are afraid. 

There's likely not too many businesses going well for these guys to extort money from.....so hit the migrants.....

Looking at the latest business results of takings from Bangla and other tourist houses......there just ain't too much left for tea money any more!

Greed, unabated corruption and scams are gradually taking the toll!