Fighting With Thai Men......

cosa

If you are put in a position where there isn't much of a choice, put the f-ker down hard, violent and make sure he ain't getting up. His mates won't want to play.

You been in many fights like this in Thailand?

I can tell you from experience that not all Thai looker-ons will walk away, especially the motorcycle guys in Bangkok. I've been in 15 different hospitals in Bangkok due to drunken foolish behavior.

I find it difficult to become a doormat in certain situations but in the longrun it is the best thing to be.

The odds are stacked well against you in a foriegn land.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes wonder if I live in a different city to other people who seem to find themselves in strange situations or witness such acts regularly.

I never see such things and have no desire to do so. Or, perhaps - just perhaps - many of us normal people have enough savvy not to put ourselves in situations where such things are commonplace.

ya but your walking around in a pink dress :o

Ah, good ol' Thailand, the land of making all your dreams come true, where instead of having sex with your dream partner, you can walk into a dark alley without a gun, be attacked by 11 Somchais and 12 Pongsakorns, and walk away with 23 dead Thais stacked like cordwood in the dumpster, still looking like Arnold or Bruce or Sylvester, barely even breathing hard. In fact, more likely, not breathing at all.

We could have a special sub forum here on "Macho, Pathetic, Posturing, Poorly-Endowed, SuperMan imposters and school yard bullies" but there are at least a dozen bars in each major tourist town for just that, already.

Walk softly but carry a big gun is a philosophy that I have found works well in many aspects of life including this forum subject. :o

Unfortunately, that seems to be the philosophy of several million locals as well.

:D

Unfortunately I think Heng is correct--I should have said "Walk softly but carry a 'Bigger' gun" however in Thailand it would probably be safer for a farang to 'Walk softly but carry a can of Pepper Spray' unless we are referring to a sexual situation in which case a 'bigger gun' would be preferable ! :o

We could have a special sub forum here on "Macho, Pathetic, Posturing, Poorly-Endowed, SuperMan imposters and school yard bullies" but there are at least a dozen bars in each major tourist town for just that, already.

###### good idea PB at least it would save me trawling the threads for a good laugh when the joke forum has dried up.

Where is Rambo? has he gone the same way as Farang007? :o

Ah, good ol' Thailand, the land of making all your dreams come true, where instead of having sex with your dream partner, you can walk into a dark alley without a gun, be attacked by 11 Somchais and 12 Pongsakorns, and walk away with 23 dead Thais stacked like cordwood in the dumpster, still looking like Arnold or Bruce or Sylvester, barely even breathing hard. In fact, more likely, not breathing at all.

Check here...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93967 :o

along with other people,

some stand thier ground for principles and fair play, if you do not you will end up being bullied, [one of the first important lessons at school ]

i do not enter into debate with violence in mind and i would expect others not to have violence in mind, but unfortunately a lot of thai men think of violence too often.

its not a case of macho big man it is a case of being yourself and standing up for yourself.

there will be some that take things to the extreme but in reality these are few and far between.

###### good idea PB at least it would save me trawling the threads for a good laugh when the joke forum has dried up.

Where is Rambo? has he gone the same way as Farang007? :D

Dont you mean troling?? :o Just kidding

thai man dont fight fair. it's their turf.

people in their own country dont fight fair either.

Fighting fair is a novel concept. Each society as different concepts of what is acceptable. Best not to find out what those are if you can avoid it because you may be to slow to adjust to the society's concept of what is fair.

In places where life is cheap winning is more important than being fair.

I guess you must be really young. I had been the same when I was younger but as one ages, one becomes more realistic.

Some of you people aren't realistic. Lived in dreamland for too long, maybe.

If I felt that I had the slightest chance of saving that girl, I might have risked it, but rushing into a brutal beating or worse by a gang of youngsters with no hope of helping her just seems foolhardy to me.

We have to pick when to fight and when to run in order to survive and in this case I don't regret choosing self preservation. :o

You did the right thing. You assisted her when they had gone. If you had fought them, you would probably have needed assistance, too.

Has anyone here ever gotten in a fight with a Thai yourself? Or have you every almost gotten in a fight and avoided it? If so, tell us about it.

About 8 years ago my wife and I were in a Coffee shop in Udon Thani. My wife was choosing a song on the jukebox whilst I was ordering. 3 Thai lads, about 19-20 ish walked in and shoved her out of the way, she fell over a chair in the process.

My wife was 3 months pregnant at the time.

I got up, walked over and pushed the biggest one hard enough to make him fall over the nearest table. The closest one approached me and I kicked him very hard in the balls.

The 3rd one had left by now, the 2 decided to follow him. We had a nice meal and my wife squeezed my hand and said ' I love you'. :o

The incident was never mentioned again. I wouldn't say I was a hero or an idiot by what happened.

I just did what needed to be done.

ps Baby was fine.

:D

can somebody please explain to me what fighting fair means.....I've never been a fighter but been hit a few times....usually by stronger, quicker, seasoned brawlers so how was that a fair fight? it would have been fairer if I, being not the fighter my attacker was, was equipped with a baseball bat etc.......anyone here that laments thais for not fighting fair are people who through the years maybe enjoyed being a better fighter than people so therefore enjoying the fruits of an unfair fight.....how can people associate wanting to hurt somebody with being fair?...its a bit like the slightly ludicrous notion of war criminals ie: breaking the rules of war!...maybe people will have to start campaigning for amendments to the geneva convention to legislate in street fighting.....could have somchai and his pals tried as war criminals

can somebody please explain to me what fighting fair means.....I've never been a fighter but been hit a few times....usually by stronger, quicker, seasoned brawlers so how was that a fair fight? it would have been fairer if I, being not the fighter my attacker was, was equipped with a baseball bat etc.......anyone here that laments thais for not fighting fair are people who through the years maybe enjoyed being a better fighter than people so therefore enjoying the fruits of an unfair fight.....how can people associate wanting to hurt somebody with being fair?...its a bit like the slightly ludicrous notion of war criminals ie: breaking the rules of war!...maybe people will have to start campaigning for amendments to the geneva convention to legislate in street fighting.....could have somchai and his pals tried as war criminals

Brilliant post! :o

Gee, i have been in the country for almost 12 years now and i haven't been in a fight with anyone, Thai or farang. i must be doing something wrong.

try growing some balls :D:o:D

unfortunately those of you that have the "balls" to fight, seem to lack the intellect to avoid violent confrontation.

yours is an absolutely ridiculous attitude bred of ignorance and cowardice. you must be a real hoot after a couple of redbulls.

btw your toughguy nick has me more than just a little scared.... would you look at that, i think i peed a little.

Gee, i have been in the country for almost 12 years now and i haven't been in a fight with anyone, Thai or farang. i must be doing something wrong.

try growing some balls :D:o:D

unfortunately those of you that have the "balls" to fight, seem to lack the intellect to avoid violent confrontation.

yours is an absolutely ridiculous attitude bred of ignorance and cowardice. you must be a real hoot after a couple of redbulls.

btw your toughguy nick has me more than just a little scared.... would you look at that, i think i peed a little.

Sometimes you have to fight to protect what's important. You can't play it safe your whole life.