Belgium machete attack: two policewomen wounded, assailant killed

rooster59

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

While I agree with you that killing the terrorist who was yielding a machete was the best decision of the 3rd police, this 3rd police officer will go trough a lot of pressure in the next days/weeks.

The anti-racist movement will villify this police officer trough all possible instances and claim that the killing of the attacker was not necessary.
The Moslims have more rights than the Belgian people and the Islamic movements are more powerful than the Belgians.
Only by accusing the policeman for being a racist, can guarantee him/her to be locked up for several years and lose his/her job with a negative comment.

I hope the 2 officers will make a speedy recovery and the officer that killed the attacker will have a peaceful week to come.

I regard myself firmly in the 'anti-racism camp', far from criticising tge officer who shot the terrorist I recognise and aprove of his/her swift and decisive action to save innocent lives.

The rest of what tou have to say is not worthy of any serious response.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many years ago I lived in Turkey and a gunman attempted to shoot the PrimeMinister.  It wa  shown live on tv and repeated so we got to see it well.  The bodybuards did not shoot the gunman, they shot all around him and kept him busy rolling round till they could subdue him. I am sure that in the next few hours that he wished they had shot him as the authorities gained a lot of information.  Kill him and that information would be gone for ever.

40 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What confuses me is that the many Muslim friends I have, have never threatened me or abused me or tried to hurt me in any because I am an infidel - do you think that they are just buttering me up before they are ready to execute God's will?

Try this. Ask one of your Muslim friends what they would do if you tore a page out of the quran. I think you will be surprised at their answer. I worked with a man in Malaysia for four months and we became good friends, or so I thought. He was what the world calls a moderate peace loving Muslim. I asked him the same question. His answer was "I would kill you."

48 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What confuses me is that the many Muslim friends I have, have never threatened me or abused me or tried to hurt me in any because I am an infidel - do you think that they are just buttering me up before they are ready to execute God's will?

I am glad that you have good muslim friends. But you'll always be an outsider, unless you are converting to Islam. Just try with your friends to discuss about Muhammad's life.
For example, that a 51-year-old man, marries a 6 year old child and then 3 years later  performs the marriage.

Be careful, this can end badly!

Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old. Muslim 8. 3310

Narrated Aisha that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). Bukhari 7. 62. 64

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't think you will find anyone who has been posting on this topic who would deny that Belgium has a serious problem with islamic terrorism - the disagreement comes from how you deal with the vast majority of Muslims who are against the violence.

Muslims treat all non-Muslims the same way, let's return the feelings.

46 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Take your pick from almost any religion and they have done it.

How many from those different religions were killing white folk in Europe, in the last 5 years?

Edited by MissAndry
typo

27 minutes ago, Caps said:

Yes true.  

But was that not before we allegedly became a more civilised world  (or at least now know that its wrong!)!

When the western world ran their colonies in Africa there were far less tribal atrocities that there are today, (for tribal is similar to religion). Now look at Africa. Tribal, religious divisions all across the continent. Look at the Arab Gulf states where not only non believers are targets but so are many sects within the Muslim religion.

There are very few "safe" countries in the world any more though Iceland, Greenland and Antarctica seem to be OK.

2 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Home many from those different religions were killing white folk in Europe, in the last 5 years?

Right and there is only one religion that has continuously killed innocent people since the fifth century and are still at it today.

9 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

Muslims treat all non-Muslims the same way, let's return the feelings.

If any of your relatives or friends are ever unfortunate to be affected by one of these barbaric events, I would be very interested to hear your viewpoint then.

39 minutes ago, Opl said:

the problem for the public opinion is not how very few muslims carry on attacks although the large majority of them are peacefull people..etc.., the problem comes from the fact that 100% of the mass killings and horrific murders in Europe these last months were  perpetrated by people of muslim culture. Of course this has an impact on the way you keep your mind open when you're not of one them.

According to the UN's Global Study on Homicide, there were 22,000 murders in Europe last year. That works out at 60 per day. I am confident that the vast majority were  not carried out by Muslims. Clearly it is the non-Muslims who are the real danger to us all.

It doesn't matter what you do, pacifist foreign policy, recognize Palestine, positive discrimination, welfare benefits. Discriminate against the rest of the population by allowing Muslim only swimming baths or halal food by default for all. Curtail freedom of speech, except  for hate speech by Imams which is allowed because it's supposedly covered by their religious or cultural sensitivities.  All you get back is dust and a religiously reinforced sense of entitlement. 

Stated simply the amount of trouble you get will be in direct proportion to the percentage of Muslims in a population. Donald Trump is completely correct, Muslim immigration from Countries with a terrorism problem should stop completely until (if ever) the complete incompatibility of Islamic and western civilization ceases.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Totally irrelevant what your friends do or do not. No matter how nice they are the ideology they believe in is not, never has been and never will be. Islam is a creed of domination, violence, revenge and division, it's not interested in multiculturalism or liberalism. There were many Nazis and commies that never threatened anyone, did that make what they believed in any more acceptable to civilized standards? Some people on here need to wake up.

19 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Try this. Ask one of your Muslim friends what they would do if you tore a page out of the quran. I think you will be surprised at their answer. I worked with a man in Malaysia for four months and we became good friends, or so I thought. He was what the world calls a moderate peace loving Muslim. I asked him the same question. His answer was "I would kill you."

But that is wholly different to the OP, which stated that all Muslims are instructed to kill all infidels. Now you are changing the scenario. But I would be as likely to insult a Muslim's faith as I would be a Jew or a Christian - why on earth would you want to do that?

6 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Right and there is only one religion that has continuously killed innocent people since the fifth century and are still at it today.

The west dropped the religious pretence but has never really stopped with the killing in the name of power and money...

2 hours ago, thai3 said:

Nothing to do with the Koran anyway that tells it's followers to kill unbelievers where ever they find them, just another mental case of course :whistling: and there will be another one in a couple of days. 

Come on, clearly this has "nothing to do with terrorism or Islam".

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But that is wholly different to the OP, which stated that all Muslims are instructed to kill all infidels. Now you are changing the scenario. But I would be as likely to insult a Muslim's faith as I would be a Jew or a Christian - why on earth would you want to do that?

I wasn't insulting my friend's faith. He constantly wanted to talk about religion. I finally gave in and told him what Christians believe then he told me what Muslims believe. That is when I ask him the question. He didn't hesitate to answer.

2 hours ago, Scott said:

It would be my wish that the trolls would stay away from this topic, but I doubt that they will.  

Call them Islamophobes if you will, but don't throw around the word troll out of convenience when you don't actually have anything else to say. 

Peace be upon you :)

Edited by mesterm

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The west dropped the religious pretence but has never really stopped with the killing in the name of power and money...

Apples and oranges. Thank you for agreeing with me.

9 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Totally irrelevant what your friends do or do not. No matter how nice they are the ideology they believe in is not, never has been and never will be. Islam is a creed of domination, violence, revenge and division, it's not interested in multiculturalism or liberalism. There were many Nazis and commies that never threatened anyone, did that make what they believed in any more acceptable to civilized standards? Some people on here need to wake up.

It is wholly relevant. The OP stated. "They all believe the same things, and follow the same holy book which instructs them to convert or kill all human beings on this planet. " and I pointed out that this was simply untrue.

Hell, the Bible has some pretty nasty parts in it about what to do if you neighbour objects to your bbq or if he wears clothes made of two different fabrics. I understand that the New Testament is meant to take the sting out of the tail, but the Jews follow the old testament - are they also instructed to kill? Should we be worried about their underlying motives?

8 minutes ago, thai3 said:

How many apologists on here know why the date 11th Sept 2001 was decided on, without looking it up? Some people even claim that had nothing to do with Islam or was an inside job. :whistling:

I haven't seen any apologists here, unless you are suggesting those of us who don't subscribe to your point of view are terrosism apologists, which would make your attack pathetic and insulting in the extreme.

I understand that those who believe it was an inside job are more politically aligned with those who hold your views - certainly they are turning up as Trump fanboys.

It's not moderates, only extremist muslim. Whoops, another mod become extremist, whoops another mod become extremist. Etc, etc. After they, murder, they are called extremist, but up to that point they are called moderate muslim. This is the problem, and why muslim immigration leads to these terrorist type attacks. It will not stop.

I see this as just an expression of European multiculturalism...soon we will see such attacks featured in European vacation brochures just like Bavarian women in dirndls or Englishmen having a pint at the local pub. Something for holiday makers to see and, if they're really lucky, experience for themselves.

35 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

How many from those different religions were killing white folk in Europe, in the last 5 years?

Not that many it seems,

However if you look here you can see that the Ottoman empire reached into central Europe, the Moors and Berber's were in Portugal, Spain and parts of France from AD 711 up to 1492 (and I am sure it wasn't for the wine), Italy and quite a few other countries as well.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/anxiousbench/2015/01/moors-saracens-and-turks-islam-and-europes-deep-history/

37 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists?

Pick any one and they are all more or less the same and still doing it.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

There is another thread about Muslims attending a church service in France to show solidarity with Christians, and it was littered with claims of them merely paying lip service - what should they do that would appease the non-muslim haters?

I very much resent the term 'muslim hater' as much as dislike being called 'pro junta/fascist'. My mind is capable of more than binary choices. Perhaps it would be a good idea for those who claim to have critical thinking to look at the facts before pouncing on posters with silly blind ad hominems.

35 minutes ago, Goanna said:

It's not moderates, only extremist muslim. Whoops, another mod become extremist, whoops another mod become extremist. Etc, etc. After they, murder, they are called extremist, but up to that point they are called moderate muslim. This is the problem, and why muslim immigration leads to these terrorist type attacks. It will not stop.

Exactly. Name one other religion whose followers are imported into European countries and then blindly lash out screaming their idiot 'god/prophet's' name on all and sundry. Off you go. Name. One.

3 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

I very much resent the term 'muslim hater' as much as dislike being called 'pro junta/fascist'. My mind is capable of more than binary choices. Perhaps it would be a good idea for those who claim to have critical thinking to look at the facts before pouncing on posters with silly blind ad hominems.

Your faux-outrage would be more convincing and appropriate had my comments been directed at you. If you choose not to align yourself with any particular group of people, that is up to you.

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

You should expand your vocabulary - if you do that, you would find that those who are a little less swift to point the finger (read the thread about the murder in London of the American tourist to see how disappointed some TV posters are that the attacker was not draped in an ISIS flag) could be described as realists.

I don't think you will find anyone who has been posting on this topic who would deny that Belgium has a serious problem with islamic terrorism - the disagreement comes from how you deal with the vast majority of Muslims who are against the violence.

Vast majority?????How do you know that? I never see them apologize.I never see a tv spot paid by muslims what condemns IS.Reality is those muslim hate us all.Maybe some don't want violence but deep inside they think it's ok to do so.If there is really a vast majority of muslims against killing of non muslims then why states like Indonesia,Saudi,UAE,etc not rise up against IS  or Alqaeda,etc????There are over 200million muslims alone in Indonesia,would be easy for them to form a group of anti IS,where is a will there is a way,but there is no will at all.We should close our borders for muslims.They can kill each other and live in there stone age caliphate.Anyway IS has still a long way to go,after the slave trader columbus reached america the christians killed over 40million natives because they didn't believe in god.Nice religion

40 minutes ago, Goanna said:

This is exactly correct, there are often no external signs or warnings, then suddenly a pizza delivery driver or burger flipper turns into an Islamo-zombie. The liberals have worn a hole in the tiny minority meme and there truly is no way of knowing how many potential Jihaddists there are out there?